Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New '11 Cayenne Turbo Track Video!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:43 AM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
New '11 Cayenne Turbo Track Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz7q7ViUZxs

What does it mean "W/ Rollout"?

Old 11-24-2010, 07:14 AM
silvac32 is on a distinguished road
sweeet!!!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:20 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that's sports car like cornering dynamics. I wonder if it had PDCC as there was some bodyroll. I'm very impressed with this Cayenne video. Thank you Ok.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-25-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:52 AM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
I believe the rollout is a 5 foot rolling start (not a dead stop start), supposed to level the numbers, or give a better average number. I don't think it affects the numbers, several car mags test the vehicles this way.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:21 AM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Looking good in meteor gray

Old 11-24-2010, 09:14 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
I dont understand why my test drive left me disappointed. I really want to like this car as it's relatively a better value than the panamera. My test car was a turbo with all handling options and sport chrono. The only thing it didnt have was bigger wheels with summer tires, it had the all seasons i believe. It just didnt feel like a sub 5 second car, and lots of bodyrolls... I was afraid that the car would lose control in 2 occasions while test driving it. perhaps it's because i drove it right after i test drove the panamera 4s. the P4S felt quicker.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:25 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
...My test car was a turbo with all handling options and sport chrono. .... lots of bodyrolls... I was afraid that the car would lose control in 2 occasions while test driving it.
Cayennes don't have the sports chrono package option which enables you to perform launch control as in the 997.2s and Panameras. Are you sure that the test drive vehicle had PDCC and PTV ?

Old 11-24-2010, 09:33 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by snzuloz
I believe the rollout is a 5 foot rolling start (not a dead stop start), supposed to level the numbers, or give a better average number. I don't think it affects the numbers, several car mags test the vehicles this way.
+1.

Sometimes it's just a 1 foot rollout.

It simulates a drag strip run...

Basically - on a drag strip, you stage on lights that represent lines on starting grid. Your time does not start until you trip the starting line. There is enough 'wiggle' room for your staging - for shallow staging (stopping at close to the beginning as possible to build up enough speed when you cross the 'starting line') or deep staging (as far to the starting line as possible, minimizing the distance between your car, and the tripping the timing start line - otherwise reducing the rollout distance).

Staging at a drag strip -pull up until you see the first light, and then slow down until you see the second light - then stop immediately (shallow staging)

Deep staging - pull up until you see the first light, and then slow down until you get to the second light, but don't stop as soon as you see it, you move a little further.

The idea is that with shallow staging - you're already in motion when the time starts, so the rest of your time will be better (60', 1/8mi, 1/4mi, etc...) because you didn't really start from a dead stop.

For example, if you clocked the 1/4 on a GPS (VBOX, etc...), your 1/4 mile time might read 12.5secs (because you started the time the instant your car moved forward)- but a drag strip might clock you at 12.3 because the time didn't start until you crossed the starting line (your car was already in motion).

This can make a huge difference in 0-60 times.

I hope this answered your question (it was really difficult translating my hand & arm motions into words).

Old 11-24-2010, 09:40 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Cayennes don't have the sports chrono package option which enables you to perform launch control as in the 997.2s and Panameras. Are you sure that the test drive vehicle had PDCC and PTV ?

Sorry you are correct, no sports chrono, it was on the P4S. However, it did have the PDCC and PTV option. Have you driven one ? I would like to hear others' feedback on its handling and acceleration.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Sorry you are correct, no sports chrono, it was on the P4S. However, it did have the PDCC and PTV option. Have you driven one ? I would like to hear others' feedback on its handling and acceleration.
I drove one without PDCC or PTV ... there was definite bodyroll which irritated me. I was happy with the steering response...the PTV is supposed to take it to the next level. I have both on order.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
My weekend test drive was without the PDCC / PTV plus. I thought the handling could be sharper but optimistic from what I read about PDCC /PTV improving it. I for one was impressed with the acceleration - and my other car is a F430

This new CTT outruns a base carrera at the track and is a second slower than a C4S, that says a lot about the handling. I did get get to drive a base Panamera for the day but I'm sure a 4S would have been more impressive.

The new CTT, even without the 'handling package' was so good IMHO, enough to ditch a 1 year old GTS and take the hit on it.