Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Weird sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:35 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
Weird sound

Just wondering if anyone experiences this. Sometimes when I start the engine cold or hot a short squeak or almost a grinding sound occurs. This doesn't happen all the time and I can't reproduce it at will either. I had it checked by the dealer but they can never reproduce it they said. It's a 2005 Cayenne S. I would appreciate some feed back.

AW

Old 11-24-2010, 08:51 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I have a "groink" noise that comes from the front right engine bay on cold startup. It's been there since I purchased the car nearly 10K miles ago. Sounds similar.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:29 PM
krist007 is on a distinguished road
could it be ac/climate adjusting the blend doors (or whatever they are called)?

I have some similar sounds coming from within the dash when i start in the am and there is a change in temp (meaning, it was blowin cold from the dash the previous night and it is cold so it adjusts the doors)

are blend door motors issues on these? new owner of the same 05 CS so i'm not sure but previous cars i've owned all seem to have some blend door issues.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
It's definitely coming from the engine compartment on the right side. It is quite lound. Can be heard externally. People actually turn and look at me. It's like a squeechy grind. This has been going on for 2oK miles . Not getting worse or more consistent though. weird.