Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

So am I the first to order Amethyst Metallic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 PM
pedah3 is on a distinguished road
So am I the first to order Amethyst Metallic?

Havent seen the color in person yet, so taking a leap of faith for tehe new Turbo! Espresso/Cognac interior.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
AppleChilli will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pedah3
Havent seen the color in person yet, so taking a leap of faith for tehe new Turbo! Espresso/Cognac interior.
Really; now this I must see!

Which wheels did you choose?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 PM
full spec

Complete spec:
N6 – Amethyst Metallic
Interior – Espresso/Cognac
PU4 – Premium Package
0AW – PDCC
1Y1 – PTV Plus
9VJ – Burmester
1D6 – Trailer Coupling
3FV – Panoramic Roof
CZ4 – 21” Turbo II Wheels with extensions
9JA – nonsmoker pkg
3S1 – Roof rails aluminum
2JX – Front/Rear skid plates
Vw5 - Thermally and noise insulated glass

Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Massive; what made you decide on the CTT AM?

Cannot wait for real life view or photos of the CTT AM!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Bravo for reviving the aubergrine (German word for eggplant) of the classic 911 (see picture enclosed). I love your build. One comment. The AM is very rich, are you sure the espr/cognac (which is also very rich) would blend well. I was thinking more of a subtle, neutral/earth tone interior ie. some tartufo to go with the eggplant...honey I am getting really hungry now. Is the dinner ready

Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2010, 10:01 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Crazy combo.. maybe a nice cream contrast would be wayyy hotter!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:05 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
the grey interior with the anthracite birch trim would look beautiful with the amethyst exterior. in any case I think that exterior colour is gorgeous and would have ordered it myself if it was in my budget. and your wheel choice is very nice too!

can't wait to see photos once you take delivery

Old 11-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I spent much time at the dealer looking at (correction...agonizing over) all the color samples. I would have never guessed the colors would work together unless the dealer had the large paint and leather samples. There are enough brown/gold tones in the Amethyst that it compliments well with the browns in the Espresso and Cognac. My 2nd choice would have been a full Espresso interior, but I like the interest of the 2tone.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:09 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Good as long as U took a good look thats what matters. Maybe I can just drive two hours west and see your beauty in person, if you allow me to do so.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by DanK
the grey interior with the anthracite birch trim would look beautiful with the amethyst exterior. in any case I think that exterior colour is gorgeous and would have ordered it myself if it was in my budget. and your wheel choice is very nice too!

can't wait to see photos once you take delivery
Bingo! If the below video is any indication of what the Amethyst is going to look like in real life, then I think that it will be love at first sight. Dan I believe that you hit it on the head with the anthracite birch trim, I've seen that in person and the grey in that trim selection will play very nicely with the Amethyst. The video has a cream and walnut interior I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfE7NW8d80k

Vide lighting isn't very good, but there are spots where you can see the hue of Amethyst.

Very nice choice in color!

Last edited by AppleChilli; 11-30-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by pedah3
I spent much time at the dealer looking at (correction...agonizing over) all the color samples. I would have never guessed the colors would work together unless the dealer had the large paint and leather samples. There are enough brown/gold tones in the Amethyst that it compliments well with the browns in the Espresso and Cognac. My 2nd choice would have been a full Espresso interior, but I like the interest of the 2tone.
This has to be my favorite choice so far! It's going to look spectacular I'm sure. Here's the website for more mug shots (pictures don't do this color much justice):

http://www.gaudinmotorcompany.com/j/...Cayenne_S.html

Old 11-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Good as long as U took a good look thats what matters. Maybe I can just drive two hours west and see your beauty in person, if you allow me to do so.

anytime! Pics of course will be posted upon delivery. Now the long wait until march/april...

Old 12-01-2010, 07:00 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to seeing pictures. The spec looks good to me. Great to see these bold color choices. Everyday I open the garage door and LOVE seeing the brightness of my Sand Yellow CT. And there is never a problem finding it in a crowded parking lot!

The Amethyst should be very elegant I would think.

Did a 6 hour trip in my Turbo a few weeks ago and loved every minute. Eight speed transmission gives excellent gas mileage as well.