Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Brake problem - Need Help

Old 12-02-2010, 10:18 AM
the_host is on a distinguished road
Brake problem - Need Help

Hi guys

Need some help, just changed the discs and pad all round on my 3.2 Petrol Cayenne. Bled the system but the pedal is still spongy and can be forced to the floor.

Is there a special way of bleeding it or somthing that i may have missed? Oh and they are Brembo calipers.

Thanks

Old 12-02-2010, 04:01 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by the_host
Hi guys

Need some help, just changed the discs and pad all round on my 3.2 Petrol Cayenne. Bled the system but the pedal is still spongy and can be forced to the floor.

Is there a special way of bleeding it or somthing that i may have missed? Oh and they are Brembo calipers.

Thanks
Prior to your bleeding was there any issues? I'm assuming you started at the furthest wheel away and worked your way back up to the front end? It sounds like you are familiar with bleeding the system (did you have another person or are you setup with a remote bleeding tool?) If it's still spongy, there is trapped air somewhere in the system, if you have only opened the caliper(s) and bled than I'd recommend redoing the bleed procedure. Are you sure it's being forced all the way to the floor, or just feels like it's coming up to something solid (compression of master cylinder)?
Bleed it like any other system that I know of, pump the pedal, hold it down, crack open bleed screw, pedal should drop to the floor, tighten bleed screw, pump it up again and repeat... (make sure to keep an eye on the level of the master cylinder that it doesn't drop below the add mark or you'll have to start all over again).
Hopefully this helps somewhat...

Old 12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by snzuloz
Prior to your bleeding was there any issues? I'm Hopefully this helps somewhat...
Dude.....totally digging the 89 88 olds on your sig line.......had a buddy who went through 2 in highschool in mid 90's. One of which was on the news because he got into a rolling battle on the highway and ended up smashing a Scottsdale to pieces that was chasing him, pre cell phone days at 2 am in the morning looking for a police officer to help..