Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CTT- early impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
CTT- early impressions

Here is my build:
Cayenne Turbo Tiptronic

Exterior Color
Jet Black Metallic

Interior Color
Two-tone Natural Leather in Espresso/Cognac

Exterior
Reversing Camera with ParkAssist Front and Rear
Roof Rails / Drip Rails with Black finish
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
Deletion of Model Designation
Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball Joint
Panorama Roof System

Performance
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start Stop Function
Wheels
21" 911 Turbo II Wheel with Wheel Arch Extension

Interior
Adaptive Sports Seats with Comfort Memory Package
Non-smoker Package
Ski bag
Electric Roll-up Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
Side Airbags rear
4X4
4-zone Climate Control
Seat Ventilation Front
Light Comfort Package
Interior Wood
Natural Olive Interior Package
Audio and Communications
Compass Display on Instrument Panel
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System

Just took my first real road trip over the weekend; 600 miles in a little over 24 hours. Car was basically flawless. The Nav is hands down superior to any other factory nav I've seen, even better than my little portable Garmin, LOL. Very intuitive, can add multiple stops on the fly while leaving current destination, very handy for finding that nearest Starbucks. Was getting about 20 mpg doing 75 or so, not too shabby for 500hp! Now have 1400 miles and just added my first quart of oil, hopefully consumption will improve with more miles on the car. The break-in period is 2000 miles, not supposed to exceed 4250 rpm so I haven't really wailed on it yet, also no sport mode or cruise control. Tried sport briefly, immediately kicks it down 2 gears with quicker throttle response, woo hoo! Car seems quiet enough to me without the insulated glass. Maybe it's a case of not knowing what I'm missing without PDCC, but the handling seems superb. Sometimes feel a slight clunk when accelerating through a low speed turn, wondering if that is the PTV? Will ask the dealer when the car goes in. The Burmester is excellent, of course the source material has a huge influence on how it sounds, but to my way of thinking it was money well spent. Not that many people would care, but the AM radio has better reception than any I've heard in a long time. Now on to 2000 miles!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:29 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
just wait untill it snows or pours rain, thats when it really shines. i cant wait untill the next blizzard to go play.
6500lbs + snow tires + 400+hp =

Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice review Gamma. I would love to hear your thoughts on pana roof, adaptive sport seats and light comfort package and if you will (when U get a chance) post some more pics of that beautiful Cayenne of yours including the interior. As long as you keep revs below 5K range, I don't think you should worry about comfot vs sport mode. Check with your dealer.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:29 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
glad you are loving it Gammaman, enjoy!!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
AppleChilli will become famous soon enough
Thanks for supplying the daily fix; I'd be interested in finding out about that clunk. Also, this oil consumption thing has got me wondering a bit. Not used to having to add oil to a vehicle, unless (a) it was leaking it (b) it's being driven hard. Not for a regular fill-up every 600 to 1200 miles...? It would be interesting to hear how things are progressing over the course of time, say 5 or 10k miles from now (if a fix doesn't come out by then).

Old 12-07-2010, 08:29 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AppleChilli
Also, this oil consumption thing has got me wondering a bit. Not used to having to add oil to a vehicle, unless (a) it was leaking it (b) it's being driven hard. Not for a regular fill-up every 600 to 1200 miles...? It would be interesting to hear how things are progressing over the course of time, say 5 or 10k miles from now (if a fix doesn't come out by then).
Don't sweat the oil consumption... porsche engines are notorious with this when new. I experienced it with my 911's and my GTS - having to add a quart every few thousand miles a few times but it slows down / stops. My GTS has 12K miles now. I bought it new and had to add oil twice early on but haven't had to for a while now.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FJS961
Don't sweat the oil consumption... porsche engines are notorious with this when new..
Especially the DFI engine. My 997.2's consumption has slowed done quite a bit after 9K miles.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
dw9982 is on a distinguished road
i have 5,000 miles and have gone from adding oil every 600 miles to now adding oil 1,000 miles. I carry a bottle of mobile 1 with me at all time.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Very nice review Gamma. I would love to hear your thoughts on pana roof, adaptive sport seats and light comfort package and if you will (when U get a chance) post some more pics of that beautiful Cayenne of yours including the interior. As long as you keep revs below 5K range, I don't think you should worry about comfot vs sport mode. Check with your dealer.
Thumbs up on the pano roof- before taking delivery I had concerns that the perforated shade would let too much light and/or noise in when it was shut, but that turned out to be a non issue. When it's open the cabin feels light and airy due to the extensive glass area, still feels snug when closed. Seats are quite comfortable, you can use the side bolsters to get dialed in just right, ie more bolstering when driving more aggressively. I do miss the articulating backrest of BMW's comfort seats, but I guess you can't have everything. Light package is very cool, still playing with the settings. Will post more pix when I get a chance- hard to get good lighting this time of year, fluorescent light in my garage wouldn't work very well.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Thank you Gamma for your impressions. I recently drove my friend's X5 diesel. Those adaptive seats are one of the best.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:36 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
your thoughts? Mine is arriving in 2 weeks.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Jen, I was very much thinking of you during my thirty minute test drive. I was very impressed by the smooth and refined delivery of the power, nice and punchy low-end torque. Turn in was surprisingly agile but ride was harsh due to the run flats. Seats are so supportive and the butt warmer is instant. Heated steering wheel was also quite good (does not get very warm though but may be that is a good thing).

Interior fit and finish (dash/the leather in the seats) where Ehhh...actually looked cheap compared to the you know what. If not for being spoilt by the you know what, I probably may have had a better impression of the interior. Stereo sounded quite good. Overall I think you will like it. I am excited for you. Keep us posted.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
SVTxTERM1NATOR is on a distinguished road
Enjoy it, they look good from the outside.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:10 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Jen, I was very much thinking of you during my thirty minute test drive. I was very impressed by the smooth and refined delivery of the power, nice and punchy low-end torque. Turn in was surprisingly agile but ride was harsh due to the run flats. Seats are so supportive and the butt warmer is instant. Heated steering wheel was also quite good (does not get very warm though but may be that is a good thing).

Interior fit and finish (dash/the leather in the seats) where Ehhh...actually looked cheap compared to the you know what. If not for being spoilt by the you know what, I probably may have had a better impression of the interior. Stereo sounded quite good. Overall I think you will like it. I am excited for you. Keep us posted.
Ideal scenario: nice exterior with Cayenne interior...I just can't get past that Hyuandi Tuscon...it looks almost exactly the same in the rear! Runflats will be going...trading in on Michelin Latitude's. Started the 'fund' for the turbo s cab!

Old 12-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by JenK
Ideal scenario: nice exterior with Cayenne interior...I just can't get past that Hyuandi Tuscon...it looks almost exactly the same in the rear! Runflats will be going...trading in on Michelin Latitude's. Started the 'fund' for the turbo s cab!
... I keep making fun of my wife all the time . Tell all my friends in her presence that my wife's "expensive" Tuscon (or is it Tucson) ?? should be here in a month. She gets livid when I say that. She doesn't care and she just loves the sleek styling on the front and the "to die for" interior. Great job on ditching the run flats and even better the "fund" project.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CTT- early impressions