Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Screaming Brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:44 AM
BLKPPR is on a distinguished road
Screaming Brakes

I know some of you are also on the other forum but I figured there may be some that are not. I need help. My brakes scream like I am dragging a bag of cats down the street. Hot or cold soft or fast if I depress the brake pedal they scream like I am digging into the rotors. Took to the dealer. Checked pads and rotors and assure me everything is ok. It is embarrasing and obnoxious to hear these things sccreaming at every stop light. Is there anything that I can spray on the rotors to make them less obnoxious? I was pressure washing them every 2 days but it hasn't hit 30 in 4 days and I don't want to create issues with either the brakes or my driveway. Really hate driving the car with the brakes like this
Thanks
Caesar

Old 12-15-2010, 05:58 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I had a set of Hawk racing brake pads that would do this and it was because of the compound in the brake pads themselves. I don't know if you replaced your pads with anything other than OEM material but this could be the issue. The only other thing I can think of but would have been ruled out by the dealer is the brake wear indicator. Its a small piece of metal that purposely rubs on the rotor when the pads get low to indicate that its time to change them. But like you said the stealership said they were all good. You can buy some disk Permatex Disk Brake Quiet but I dont see that as helping too much and you would have to remove all pads to apply it. Hope this helps!!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:09 AM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
I had a set of Hawk racing brake pads that would do this and it was because of the compound in the brake pads themselves. I don't know if you replaced your pads with anything other than OEM material but this could be the issue.

+1.....

Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 AM
BLKPPR is on a distinguished road
I am not sure what brand is on there. I bought the car CPO about 5 months ago and took it in a bit after that due to the squealing. The dealership looked at them and checekd wear and assured me everything is ok and that it's brake dust and glazing which is common with the peppers. I just called again and the service manager said if I wanted to I could bring the car in but that with pressure washing the wheels and a good hard slam on the brakes the squealing would stop and that is just something that happens with these cars. Very frustrating to hear the squealing

Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 AM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
My front right does the same. The dealer said they are ok but are getting low. I guess it's normal but it is a bit embarassing.

I am going to wait for the wear sensor before to go off first.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:35 AM
flimflam is on a distinguished road
Try doing a set of stops to deglaze the rotors, 10 each 60mph to 10mph, hard, no complete stops you will smell the brakes but should fix the squeel. Washing the brakes and blowing the dust out of the rotors with water works well too.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:36 AM
flimflam is on a distinguished road
Or take it out to the track!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
You could also take the pads out and rub em on the concrete to make them rough again if the hard stops don't fix it.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:40 AM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Mine do the EXACT same thing in my 2008 Cayenne GTS. I hate it. If you find something that works please let me know!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 11:55 PM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
I took it to an autocross event expecting it to stop.... But it did not. That's when I had them looked at.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:17 PM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
They're cooked. Just replace them. Nothing you do will fix it. Trust me, I've been through this problem more than once and tried all the things suggested and more. It's also not the sensors...they are a plastic like material with a wire in them that gets worn, eventually opens the circuit and turns on the light in the dash. They are not like the cheap metal 'feelers' on many domestic cars that scrape against the rotor to notify u of worn brakes. Just put new OEM organic pads in and it will be gone. Take it easy on the brakes for the first 500mi and they will be perfect.