Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My experience at Downtown LA Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:27 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
My experience at Downtown LA Porsche

Last week I picked up my 2011 CTT from this dealership. I went there to get it since they were discounting it so much because it had 1000 miles on it by the COO of the dealership. The negotiating was done on a Fri, and I was scheduled to take a train up to get it on the following Thurs since they were installing a few things on it that I requested (wheels and dvd players). Here are the issues I had when picking up a car that costs 128k:

-1st ball drop - asked the salesman to have all the electronic updates done that I had read about here on the forum. He said it would go through service and have everything up to date before I got it. This was not done as when he was giving me a guided tour of the car I noticed it said that "oil level was below minimum". If service had it they would have noticed that and filled it up. So I had to wait an additional 15 minutes for them to find oil and fill it up. This am my car is at my local dealer having updates done, which is taking no less then 2 hours out of my day, and no new car to drive.

-2nd ball drop -asked salesman to have all paperwork printed and ready to sign for when I arrive. Since all negotiating had been completed this is what I always request so that I am not there wasting lots of time dealing with the finance guy. The car is under my business, and nothing was ready. I spend an extra hour there because of this.

3rd ball drop - as the car arrives from detail 3 hours later...7:15pm, myself and the salesman notice many areas where the wax was not wiped off and a few of the wheels were dirty. Then I noticed the car had a few minor scratches! We got in and drove to the detail area, he told them to clean it up. Under the better lighting I notice damage under the front foglight to the bumper and big scratch marks on the rear bumper. After making a fuss they agreed to pay for repairs, however I have to again be inconvenienced to take the car in to get estimates and drop it off for 2 weeks ( so no car) while its being repaired. Also the next morning I noticed coffee stains on the interior and many areas of heavy dust, thus the car was not detailed on the inside at all. Also they tried to send me on my way with no owner manual.

I have bought around 18 cars in the last 10 years and have had mostly good experiences at different dealerships. This was by far the most unorganized and unprepared experience I had by a dealership. The salesman mentioned he was paid a flat fee for every car he sold since he was considered a "high volume guy". This explains a lot! I have sent him a few emails expressing my dissatisfaction and how is he going to make it right (also CC his GM). Have not heard back yet.
As for the car, I simply love it. It is amazing and has surpassed my expectations in everyway. My 911 has not been driven much since.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Which dealership? You should speciically mention so we know to go there or not in the future. Shouldn't ever have a bad experience from Porsche or especially when you buy a 100k+ car. Rediculous!!!!
Sorry about this situation. Good luck an better experiences with the car..

Old 12-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jace
Which dealership? ..
ugh...check the thread title

Old 12-15-2010, 11:37 AM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the info. I will avoid this dealership. The Porsche service center that is off of Santa Monica on the West Side is OK. Not great but not horrible. Used them a few times. If I can, I try and drive down to Newport Beach to Newport Auto Center. Rick West is the Service Manager and runs a pretty nice shop.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Good to know.

Well I've been to downtown miami Porsche, which could be location or name, then in downtown the name is actually something different.

Thanks for the post zzz.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:42 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Dealers don't like it if the complaints reaches the headquarters...

Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pakundo
Dealers don't like it if the complaints reaches the headquarters...
How do you contact headquarters?

Old 12-15-2010, 02:12 PM
lenelsa will become famous soon enough
Hmmmm. My buddy just bought a 2011 GT3RS from those guys and was very happy.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:33 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
I have bought 20+ cars in my time.

any vehicle over 80k does seem to magnify poor training, lack of care or a sales person with a hangover.

Just remember the source ... its the sales persons poor follow up and lack of attention to detail, not the Porsche.

I remember buying 385k Sea Ray ... now they treated you like a GOD.

But, back then a realtor use to bring you a present at your home closing as well.

The service in the USA seems to be changing.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Its "hit or miss"
I just got my wife a 2011 Mercedes Benz ML350 and it was probably THE best purchase experience of my life.

Thanks to Ruznak/Arcardia Mercedes Benz

Old 12-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Last week I picked up my 2011 CTT from this dealership. I went there to get it since they were discounting it so much because it had 1000 miles on it by the COO of the dealership. The negotiating was done on a Fri, and I was scheduled to take a train up to get it on the following Thurs since they were installing a few things on it that I requested (wheels and dvd players). Here are the issues I had when picking up a car that costs 128k:

-1st ball drop - asked the salesman to have all the electronic updates done that I had read about here on the forum. He said it would go through service and have everything up to date before I got it. This was not done as when he was giving me a guided tour of the car I noticed it said that "oil level was below minimum". If service had it they would have noticed that and filled it up. So I had to wait an additional 15 minutes for them to find oil and fill it up. This am my car is at my local dealer having updates done, which is taking no less then 2 hours out of my day, and no new car to drive.

-2nd ball drop -asked salesman to have all paperwork printed and ready to sign for when I arrive. Since all negotiating had been completed this is what I always request so that I am not there wasting lots of time dealing with the finance guy. The car is under my business, and nothing was ready. I spend an extra hour there because of this.

3rd ball drop - as the car arrives from detail 3 hours later...7:15pm, myself and the salesman notice many areas where the wax was not wiped off and a few of the wheels were dirty. Then I noticed the car had a few minor scratches! We got in and drove to the detail area, he told them to clean it up. Under the better lighting I notice damage under the front foglight to the bumper and big scratch marks on the rear bumper. After making a fuss they agreed to pay for repairs, however I have to again be inconvenienced to take the car in to get estimates and drop it off for 2 weeks ( so no car) while its being repaired. Also the next morning I noticed coffee stains on the interior and many areas of heavy dust, thus the car was not detailed on the inside at all. Also they tried to send me on my way with no owner manual.

I have bought around 18 cars in the last 10 years and have had mostly good experiences at different dealerships. This was by far the most unorganized and unprepared experience I had by a dealership. The salesman mentioned he was paid a flat fee for every car he sold since he was considered a "high volume guy". This explains a lot! I have sent him a few emails expressing my dissatisfaction and how is he going to make it right (also CC his GM). Have not heard back yet.
As for the car, I simply love it. It is amazing and has surpassed my expectations in everyway. My 911 has not been driven much since.

Why Did you sign the papers if all those issues existed ????

Old 12-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by lenelsa
Hmmmm. My buddy just bought a 2011 GT3RS from those guys and was very happy.
I wish that was my experience too. My experience was probably more reflective of my salesman then the whole dealership. Never had any experience close to this one. The reason I signed the papers was because I wanted the car, the discount was huge, inventory is low on CTT, optoins were right and the mess-ups were not enough to pass up the car. I am simply sharing my experience, since it was very unique.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:10 PM
ScottAtlGa will become famous soon enough
In my experience of dealing with BMW, Mercedes, Porsche ,and domestic dealers, Mercedes dealers BY A HUGE MARGIN have the best customer service of all. They want to get you processed quickly, have plenty of good loaners, keep you informed throughout the day and seem to really care about the customer experience and do phone surveys to guage your opinion of their service. Domestic dealers, well, not much has changed, don't get problem fixed the first time, etc. BMW out to bleed you dry from the time you hit the door. Porsche, it seems as possibly you are troubling them needlessly and that you are the only one with your issue. They aren't bad, but they could take a lesson from Mercedes as they broaden their line up. I would add they even in this huge economic downturn, they don;t seem to appreciate your business. As far as anyone windering where the headquarters is, I drive past it every day. Porsche NA is based in ATL.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:26 PM
sid_vicious is an unknown quantity at this point
FWIW, I got an email survey from PCNA about 2 weeks after I got the car. It does give you the option to be either anonymous, or have the dealership see your feedback. I don't know if anyone reads those, but I know my dealer really begged me to fill it out and speak well of them - to their credit they deserved some praise as my experience was relatively smooth. In your case, I say rip them a new one and make sure they know its coming from you! I wonder if in your case because it was a "demo" it doesn't qualify as a "new car" and so PCNA may not solicit any feedback. Regardless, I would find a way to give PCNA feedback on the dealer.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:45 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sid_vicious
FWIW, I got an email survey from PCNA about 2 weeks after I got the car. It does give you the option to be either anonymous, or have the dealership see your feedback. I don't know if anyone reads those, but I know my dealer really begged me to fill it out and speak well of them - to their credit they deserved some praise as my experience was relatively smooth. In your case, I say rip them a new one and make sure they know its coming from you! I wonder if in your case because it was a "demo" it doesn't qualify as a "new car" and so PCNA may not solicit any feedback. Regardless, I would find a way to give PCNA feedback on the dealer.

he should....that is how dealers makes (bonus)money..thru that survey...if they(dealer) get good feedbacks/survey ..the manufacturer gives them better discounts (as what progressive insurance commercials says.."discounts") on the cars that they are selling....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My experience at Downtown LA Porsche