Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

adjustable coilover settings?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Question adjustable coilover settings?

Okay, so I just received my adjustable coilovers (BR Racing)... they have 30 adjustments for compression/rebound... what is the recommended setting for stiffness for a daily driver? My initial setting is 10 from soft, to give it a comfortable ride.

http://www.bcracingsuperstore.com/pr...orsche-cayenne

Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 PM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
If ECU cuts boost it's defenetly detonation - knck sensor is tuning in
You should look for knck count with scan tools

Old 12-16-2010, 03:26 AM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Reborn996
Okay, so I just received my adjustable coilovers (BR Racing)... they have 30 adjustments for compression/rebound... what is the recommended setting for stiffness for a daily driver? My initial setting is 10 from soft, to give it a comfortable ride.

http://www.bcracingsuperstore.com/pr...orsche-cayenne

Let me know how you like this setup. Did you not have the air suspension? My 2011 didnt come with Air suspension, and I am wanting to possibly lower the ride height, but do not want to sacrifice the balance of performance and comfort that Porsche has created.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Well, the quality of the coilovers themselves looks to be very high. I have used Bilstein and KW coilovers in the past and these seem just as good. The adjustment **** is better then the Bilstein in my opinion with with firm clicks for each setting. Looking to install next week once I am on holiday break.

So, my question still stands... for those using adjustable coilovers on a Cayenne what are the recommended settings? Firmer in the front, even front to rear, etc?

Old 12-17-2010, 02:18 PM
tivs31 is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't honestly expect too much feedback on coils in this section man, unfortunatley. But since you are now the ginny pig, I would rock the settings that came from the factory on the coils for a while, and see how you like them. Maybe initially just do the comfort settings to where you think you would like to be.

Then as you drive the car, you can properly ascertain your correct setup.

For me it's typically wind the coils down as low as they go, and turn the stiffness all the way up, but I'm not very bright..

Old 12-17-2010, 02:32 PM
The one issue with that method is that the shock adjustment would require removing the coilovers due to the way they attach to the Cayenne / Touareg. Good point about the default setting... I will double check with them on recommendations.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:37 PM
tivs31 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, having to remove the shock to adjust is terrible, and now I get why your asking about an ideal setting...

I would assume that the factory setting is a nice mix of upgraded performance and comfort, so if you know where you are trying to go, you can just kind of guess which way to go, not really the most scientific way to go, but hopefully you'll get close enough to where you want to be.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Imsooskinny is on a distinguished road
Reborn have you installed these yet? what do you think?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Nope, but plan to tomorrow (Friday)... Will take pictures of the install and let you guys know how it goes.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:23 PM
sweet good luck man! im excited to hear! is it going on the touareg or the 04 cayenne?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:27 PM
These are going on the Touareg, but it is the Cayenne kit. They use the same suspension.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:56 PM
horfun is on a distinguished road
hi reborn.

do keep us updated on how simple/difficult the installation process and feedback initial ride and maybe after afew thousand miles of this coilover if possible....

it really looks very tempting!!!!

+1 to u.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Thumbs up

Okay, mission accomplished. The install went very smooth and took about 3 hours on a lift with a break for food. The only real trick was disconnecting the front upper ball mount to give enough clearance to remove and install the coilovers. None of the install required loosening of alignment bolts or axles. The rear is very simple with plenty of clearance.

The coilovers give a nice low ride height and the way they are designed allows for height adjustment without effecting the ride quality. I used the shock setting of 10 from full hard out of 30 adjustment points. I have not had much seat time yet but the ride seems similar to my 2004 Cayenne Turbo in low mode (air suspension) and sport setting (adjustable shocks). It is firmer than the original suspension but not bad at all. I might go softer on the coilovers later depending on some more driving time but since I have 20 more setting to go on softness I am sure there will be one that is good for me. Still working on the final height adjustments which are easy to change once the wheel is off. No pics yet since I am still tweaking it (and my Touareg is dirty from all the rain!).

By the way, this install was done with the BC Racing Cayenne kit on my 2010 Touareg. They are the same suspension so this should apply to all Cayenne and Touareg owners from 2002-2010 I believe.

Pictures are below from the install... enjoy!

Front install:

Rear Install:

Last edited by Reborn996; 01-03-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the pictures! Install seems pretty straight forward.

Please let us know when you get some seat time. I'll hope the ride is close to stock!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:44 AM
horfun is on a distinguished road
amazing pics. really appreciate it. do let us know how if goes after a few thousand of miles..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: adjustable coilover settings?