Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Trying to get the Truth on Porsche CPO warranties . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:29 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Great, that's what I thought. Can you tell me the exact month in 2009? I received mine late in August 2009.
I do not know the month but i think it was early 2009. You should have been given a CPO agreement. Check your user manual and sales document.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:40 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Results:

Today, I received a detailed message from PNA offering me a voucher for $550 towards the repairs. Miss Miller said that the parking brake strut and the rear hatch window were wearable items that were not covered by CPO warranty. Moreover, she said that this (having the repairs done now) would ‘give me a TWO YEAR WARRANTY ON THOSE PARTS.’

I called back and accepted the offer. Kendra took my call. I asked Kendra if the voucher would be good at the local independent Porsche shop, German Steel or if it was good only at a Porsche dealer. Indeed, it may only be used at a Porsche dealer and all CPO warranty work must be done at a Porsche dealership.

I informed Kendra in detail about the lack of coverage on a part that failed in less than one year, the difficulty in getting scheduled to have service done in a timely fashion, and, moreover, the failure of my dealership to warranty the rear strut under the excuse that ‘if I had gotten in there two weeks earlier, it would have been covered under Porsche parts warranty.’

Kendra tells me, as have 996PCarGo, that there is a two year warranty on Porsche parts. In response, I asked her to update the file reflecting the fact that my dealer will not follow Porsche’s parts warranty policy and that I wished they would.

Tammy said that (I am getting a bit lost here and this might not be exactly accurate.) she had seen the letter I wrote Porsche (October 4th to PNA Vice President of Marketing) and that I had been a ‘good Porsche customer’ (Heck, I love the car. It’s saved me on many occasions—excellent brakes and acceleration.) And they wanted to extend that voucher to me and expected it should cover 2/3rd of the cost of the uncovered repairs AND give me two years warranty on the newly replaced parts.

Now, if only I could depend upon my local Porsche dealership to respect Porsche’s warranties and policies.

Still, this is the best I can do. Perhaps I could push them to do more but I am not in the mood for it.

I will have the rear hatch struts repaired—almost $747—by the dealer. After this, I am going to my local independent reputable shop for all the rest of my service and, after the CPO warranty expires in June, for all of my repairs.

From this experience, I do not think of a CPO Porsche as having as much value. I expect my next car will be a used Porsche without any bullsh!t warranty to keep me hooked to the dealership—that’s the purpose of Porsche’s CPO warranty and road side service.

And, need I repeat:

Porsche’s CPO warranty is not as good as their new car warranty. Anyone who tells you it is is misled and maybe trying to earn a commission off you.

djantalive, you are correct: My dealership is the problem.

Thank all who have chimed in. I feel well supported and have tried to report back all the details as accurately as I can. There is definitely help on the forums at 6speedonline

Thank you,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:02 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Well it's good to see that your complaint has been rectified somewhat, that is actually quite remarkable that they offered this in the first place, I haven't heard of too many stories going this way. It pays to fight for what's fair!
Merry Christmas as well, Happy Holiday's!

Old 12-23-2010, 12:15 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Still, while it is a good step, I think PAG needs to hear that PNA and local dealers are busy blaming each other and both are making promises they do not intend to keep. I don't think they should market CPO cars as warrantied 'just like a new Porsche' then reneg. Of course, never having had the "new" porsche experience, I don't now how much the new ones are covered. Still, since my dealer won't practise the two-year parts warranty, I doubt I will bother much with another Porsche or any other car for that matter while I am in their jurisdiction and at their mercy.

Some of you have excellent dealers but mine is not. He's too tight, doesn't move Porsches very well and the basic philosophy seems to indicate that maybe another should get the franchise for this State. That's right, there's only one Porsche dealer in all of Alaska.

Last edited by gr8ful; 12-23-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Today, I heard a funny sound off the front of my engine. It reminded me of the water pump we replaced earlier this year.

The mechanic is going to take a closer listen when they have it in for the drive shaft replacement. There was more noise off the front than inside the engine compartment and he said he saw a little movement in the pulley. So, it could be the water pump bearing--again.

This is covered under CPO.

While there, I asked about Porsche parts warranty AND to see the service manager in order to clear things up. Well, things get a little worse each time.

Previously, I was told it was a one year warranty on parts and had I gotten in there two weeks earlier, the part(s) would be covered. Now, however, the service manager tells me that that is only if I bought the part or if it was covered under CPO warranty. But, there is no coverage if it was done under "good will."

So, he says there is no Porsche part's warranty coverage on my rear hatch struts because they were replaced under "good will" last November. Heck, this is the first I ever heard of "good will." I thought it was covered and the work was done under CPO warranty!

[So much for "good will." ]

He said he was shocked when the computer sytem told him that the parking brake was not covered, either.

We discussed the tales of expanded coverage for CPO cars recently going into effect. He said that he heard, as I did, that the change to everything covered on CPO cars occurred in August 2008 but their computers still tell them the same thing--that many things are not covered and not reimbursable.

He said that when Porsche of North America called him per my car and request on the rear hatch & parking brake that PNA asked him to send them a copy of his computer screen--even though his computer screen showed him the same thing their computer screens showed them. Apparently, PNA was not satisfied that my dealership was administering the CPO warranty properly.

In a nutshell, PNA has overtly changed their CPO marketing sales pitch to "everything is covered just like it is a new car" BUT PNA has not changed their CPO practise!

Therefore, I conclude that the problem is highly central and these difficulties lie at & with corporate headquarters in Atlanta, PNA--which makes me inclined to regret having accepted the PNA offer for a voucher good for $550 creditable to any repairs, service or tech gear at a Porsche dealership.

Perhaps my dealership has older software; it is a small enterprise. Anyway, it seems that anyone wanting CPO coverage as it was sold to them might benefit by appealing directly to coporate headquarters in Germany. By accepting PNA's offer I feel I have compomised my ability to take this any further. (i'm trying not to be too rigid and accept compromise.)

Notwithstanding, should anyone need to take CPO warranty administration matters further, they have my support. I'm not in the mood to buy anything for a while and it looks like I had better save my money for the repairs & maintenance this beast is going to require--especially under these circumstances.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:54 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Today I offered a Certified Pre Owned 911 Turbo as a trade for a Certified C2S. The Beverly Hills Porsche dealer offered me $10k less in trade than any KBB, NADA or Edmund's appraised value. According to the manager, Certification is wiped when a dealer buys a CPO as they have to recertify it again. Is this true or a crock of poo? I was offered $75k for a 2007 911 Turbo with Ceramic brakes and 8600 miles... How fair is that? If they expect us to buy their cars at the book value, why can't they offer us the same courtesy? I am soo pissed...

Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 PM
That's the dealer I bought mine from. I think offering 20% below was fair--when I did it to them!

Heck, it was ALL I had.

I think the average profit on a Porsche is $20,000. I guess they are trying to hold to that tradition.

Sadly, Porsche is all about marketing. Marketing even dictates to Engineering! One thing's for sure, Porsche makes fine "grand touring" cars, fantastic SUV's and good sedans. BUT, certainly, Porsche stopped making sports-cars.

Moreover, I think Porsche lost the oppotunity to continue building true sports-cars when they decided NOT to develop and NOT to race the Cayman line. Since the Cayman is dying in its second iteration, I think Porsche has lost its luster.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
The drive side lower control arm (the bushings) in my late model CTT that is under warranty with ONLY 38k miles failed/failing on the driver side and make the "clunking" noise. Believe it or not these are NOT covered by warranty!!! WTF! My last CTT had none of these ridiculous issues and I've never heard of such a thing going bad on a low mileage, barely used car that is stored in a climate controlled garage most of the time (drive 6-8k miles/yr) let alone a $130k highly engineered performance vehicle. I have run this up the flag pole at PCNA and just get the "it's a wear and tear item". I TOTALLY DISAGREE and am so pissed that I'm thinking of selling, not buying another and not buying a PTT which I WAS considering adding to my stable. Need help?

BTW - the repair is $2k at the stealer and replaces both sides lower control arms since they say the passenger size is going to fail too

Update:
PCNA is agreeing to pay 50% of the service even though its UNDER WARRANTY. Since when does a low mileage car under warranty have a wear and tear lower control arm bushing that they "think" is bad based on chassis ears and a guess? PCNA offers no other option even after I told them if I have to pay for a warranty service repair like this then I have ZERO confidence in their products and will no longer purchase them. While it may not matter in reality to them I have been a 20 year customer with several of their highest end vehicles and I think they are making a HUGE mistake.

BTW - I don't want and hate "goodwill". I believe this is a warranty issue and want it handling accordingly. It's not about a petty $2k which is what we pay for brake jobs... It's about standing by your products, honoring your warranty and showing the integrity that made me like the products in the first place.

How do I get the bushing analyzed????