Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche RES

Old 12-17-2010, 06:47 PM
kriegsjr is on a distinguished road
Porsche RES

So after ordering in August, I finally picked up my S today. I will post pictures and details, but suffice to say, "I love it".

Cannot figure out why an IPod or iPhone cannot be recognized as a USB device. There is no documentation on the rear entertainment system, so anybody that know anything is much appreciated.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
So after ordering in August, I finally picked up my S today. I will post pictures and details, but suffice to say, "I love it".

Cannot figure out why an IPod or iPhone cannot be recognized as a USB device. There is no documentation on the rear entertainment system, so anybody that know anything is much appreciated.
Congrats on your Cayenne!

I got the rear entertainment system as well for my kids. I can't believe there is no manual or documentation at all. Can the system be operated from the front or is it only through the touch screen? Also, can the audio from the media being played on the rear system be heard through the main speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by Aperture776

I got the rear entertainment system as well for my kids. I can't believe there is no manual or documentation at all. Can the system be operated from the front or is it only through the touch screen? Also, can the audio from the media being played on the rear system be heard through the main speakers?

Thanks in advance.
When i find some more time to play with it, i will let you know. It is not recognizing and ipod, ipod touch or iphone when connected to the usb in the rear screens.

More to follow, but I am sure it will be figured out.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 AM

Thanks in advance.
Ok, there is a manual for the RES in the back of the passenger seat. The DVD's insert in each player up top by pressing the bottom edges with two thumbs to tilt. You can watch the same movie on both screens or two different movies.
From what I can tell, I do not see how to play the sound from the dvd players unless it shows up as a source on the PCM. I will look later.

The USB is for data, movies that are formatted to play from a USB stick and the AUX will except game consoles, cameras, camcorders, etc.

Hope that helps.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 AM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Any new info on the RES? Does it appear on the PCM? Can it be controlled from the front?

Thanks again in advance

Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Any new info on the RES? Does it appear on the PCM? Can it be controlled from the front?

Thanks again in advance
Not possible to control from the front, but my 6 year old has it all figured out. With younger kids, you will need to put the headphones on them and start the movie as it is a touch screen. No remote from what i can tell.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:47 AM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Not possible to control from the front, but my 6 year old has it all figured out. With younger kids, you will need to put the headphones on them and start the movie as it is a touch screen. No remote from what i can tell.
the RES in the Cayenne, in a word, SUCKS - I have it in my GTS and never again

It is terrible compared to ones I had in an MDX and even an X5

Old 12-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Tested them and opted to NOT purchase. Instead I will just buy my kids a iPad so they can watch their movies off thise for under 2 grand with better video quality.
Money better spent elsewhere.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:17 AM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jace
Tested them and opted to NOT purchase. Instead I will just buy my kids a iPad so they can watch their movies off thise for under 2 grand with better video quality.
Money better spent elsewhere.
I agree completely. The entertainment for rear seats is best in an aftermarket variety or from an iPad as you had mentioned. My wife prefers using a power converter in the back with a laptop and a wireless card for streaming, but she's a tv show fanatic.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 AM
2011Cayenne is on a distinguished road
I did the same thing. Looked into aftermarket and the Porsche specific.
After market was $2500, Porsche specific was $4185. Ipad $800
Bought bluetooth headset and rear seat mount on ebay.
It has all the kids games and movies that my child likes already and we can take it with us when traveling on a plane as well.