Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My new '11 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:34 PM
kriegsjr is on a distinguished road
My new '11 S

Finally got my 2011 Meteor Gray/Umber S yesterday from Porsche of Orlando. Thank you to all those that helped in the decision making process. For those concerned. Ordered in August, Built Nov 5th, On vessel Nov 17th, at Brunswick, GA on December 2nd and at dealership on December 13th.

This is my Porsche and first SUV. Coming from two door cars for much of my life, I am amazed at how substantial and nimble this car can be. I Love it!!

It is fairly loaded with almost every option including Burmester and RES. Got Premium Plus, PTV but not PDCC. Black trim and rails look great on Meteor Grey and I love the Umber. For those on the fence, it is a great compromise for both tan and expresso and brings out the best of each.

I love the PCM and Voice Control is the best I have experienced. Bluetooth is also much better than BMW and Mercedes implementation. Burmester is mind blowing how rich and and accurate it is when fed a good source. If just SAT radio, dont bother. If you get a burmester or have CD's, get the in dash changer. way more convenient.

Plan on powdercoating the rims a something darker and would like to powdercoat the calipers yellow.

Thanks again for all the help.

Attached Images     
Old 12-18-2010, 06:48 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Congrats.. very cool combo. Let us know more about driving impressions!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:35 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
very nice SUV indeed!

Old 12-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Driving impressions

Originally Posted by uhn2000
Congrats.. very cool combo. Let us know more about driving impressions!
I am very impressed with the power delivered by the new 8 speed transmission. Obviously, it likes to get to its top gear much faster than I would like, as in I would only be in 3rd or 4th when it is in 8th, but that is there to save MPG. In sport, when the the PASM lowers, the transmission not only holds gears longer but the whole driving experience is tighter and more buttoned up. I cannot even get out of 5th gear without risking harm on surface streets and highways. This car is super fast. Does not throw me back in my seat the way a turbo could, but it is way faster than I need in South Florida.

Have not been able to really test the PTV in the first few hundred of miles, but need something to look forward to.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Huge fan of the exterior color

Old 12-19-2010, 09:57 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
Huge fan of the exterior color
Me too!!

Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations. Thank you for posting pics of your beauty. First on 6speed to post pics of the RES (rear entertain. system). Enjoy safely in good health for years to come. I would suggest a clear-bra to save the front of your vehicle from rock chips and road rash. Check your oil levels with every gas fill-up, learn proper wash/dry technique and now go find some endless curvy roads to test your PTV.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Congratulations. Thank you for posting pics of your beauty. First on 6speed to post pics of the RES (rear entertain. system). Enjoy safely in good health for years to come. I would suggest a clear-bra to save the front of your vehicle from rock chips and road rash. Check your oil levels with every gas fill-up, learn proper wash/dry technique and now go find some endless curvy roads to test your PTV.
Thanks for the advice and best wishes. VentureShield is on the car and was done by the incredible Alan Seligman at the dealership, Got two spare Mobil 1's in the trunk, I have moved to an incredible waterless cleaning and sealant product, and there is not a curvy road to be had in South Florida, save for an on ramp.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:06 AM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Finally got my 2011 Meteor Gray/Umber S yesterday from Porsche of Orlando. Thank you to all those that helped in the decision making process. For those concerned. Ordered in August, Built Nov 5th, On vessel Nov 17th, at Brunswick, GA on December 2nd and at dealership on December 13th.

This is my Porsche and first SUV. Coming from two door cars for much of my life, I am amazed at how substantial and nimble this car can be. I Love it!!

It is fairly loaded with almost every option including Burmester and RES. Got Premium Plus, PTV but not PDCC. Black trim and rails look great on Meteor Grey and I love the Umber. For those on the fence, it is a great compromise for both tan and expresso and brings out the best of each.

I love the PCM and Voice Control is the best I have experienced. Bluetooth is also much better than BMW and Mercedes implementation. Burmester is mind blowing how rich and and accurate it is when fed a good source. If just SAT radio, dont bother. If you get a burmester or have CD's, get the in dash changer. way more convenient.

Plan on powdercoating the rims a something darker and would like to powdercoat the calipers yellow.

Thanks again for all the help.

Congrats! Thats a great combo! Do you know of a good powdercoat shop here in town?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Congrats and great combo!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Congrats! I love the brown interior.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:51 AM
powdercoat

Call Serious Autosport in WPB

Old 12-30-2010, 04:40 PM
jeffmatt is on a distinguished road
Great exterior color and I really like the umber interior color. Beautiful car. Enjoy it.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:02 AM
fc_
fc_ is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,
I just recently ordered a cayenne s, was wondering if the voice control is a must and are those 19 inch cayenne design 2 wheels ? Right now my options are:

Jet black metallic
Comfort plus package (LCA, air susp., PCM, rear camera, park assist,etc..)
14-way power seats
power tilt/slide moonroof
porsche entry and drive
PDCC
PTV plus
Bose surround sound system
4-zone climate control
compass display
homelink garage door opener
wheel hub cover w/ coloured porsche crest
19 inch cayenne design 2 wheel

thx & congrats!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:21 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fc_
Hey guys, I just recently ordered a cayenne s, was wondering if the voice control is a must and are those 19 inch cayenne design 2 wheels
Yes those are the 19 inch design II's. Voice control is a very good feature to have for not that high of a price and from what I've read it functions way better than most VC systems in other cars.

I like your build. Did you consider the pana roof. Also roof rails cannot be added at a later date if that is important for you. I would encourage you to go look and sit on 14-way and 18-way seats and see which you like. If the fir is not too snug then I strongly favor the 18-way seats. You can cancel the entry and drive and fund those $$ for the 18-ways. Just a thought.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.