Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Bulb type for '11 side marker

Old 12-20-2010, 01:36 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Bulb type for '11 side marker

For those with a 2011 Cayenne... Anyone know the bulb type for the side markers? I know they are 5w bulbs, but looking specifically for the type of bulb. I ordered the clear side markers from Suncoast, but opted to wait on the bulbs in hopes I could find the white/clear bulbs that light up in amber. In hindsight, I should have just ordered the bulbs with the side markers so I'd at least have the amber set in case I couldn't find the clear/amber bulbs.

Just trying to get a head start as my delivery date is late Jan and I definitely plan on switching out the side markers asap.

TIA! -slw23

Old 12-20-2010, 04:06 AM
putput6 is on a distinguished road

Last edited by putput6; 05-28-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:05 AM
jwscfa is on a distinguished road
I ordered the clear markers from Suncoast and the amber bulbs came with the parts.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:12 AM
2011Cayenne is on a distinguished road
I am interested as well for the bulb type. I want to order the clear side markers from Suncoast but I don't want the amber bulbs.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 AM
When I received the clear side marker lights from Suncoast they included the amber bulbs. When I changed out the side markers I was surprised to see that the existing bulbs were clear, not amber. I do not know if my car is an anomaly but I think that there is a good chance that your existing bulbs are clear.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by jwscfa
When I received the clear side marker lights from Suncoast they included the amber bulbs. When I changed out the side markers I was surprised to see that the existing bulbs were clear, not amber. I do not know if my car is an anomaly but I think that there is a good chance that your existing bulbs are clear.
Any chance you can snap a photo of the bulbs and post? The car does come with clear lights since the side markers provide the required amber color in order to be legal. I'm hoping to find the clear bulbs that light up in amber.

Did you do the install yourself? If so, any thoughts on the process?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I ordered mine from bumperplugs. Will be getting them this week. Does anyone have any helpful hints as to removing the lights. It doesnot look as easy as a 911. Is there a certain tool you recommend using? Hope they come with the bulbs, seems like I am the only who did not order from suncoast.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:33 AM
bkcarrera is on a distinguished road
I also ordered from Suncoast - the bulbs were with the order - it would be easy to overlook them and toss em.
I had read on earlier threads about the install. Part of my order was that the dealer install them.
My salesman even said I should order from Suncoast.
I also changed my order to drop the painted crests - same price from Suncoast and I will have the unpainted for free.
Car was built about 10 days ago - just waiting for the ship's name so I can track it.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:55 AM
If you are looking for amber bulbs for the clear lenses they will be included in the order. The part was a sealed Porsche part which should be the same no matter where you place your order. The swap out was a pain. The instructions are in the owners manual. You have to use a Torx screwdriver head which is like a Phillips head but many more spokes. You have to make sure your wheels are turned out so you can access all of the screws and then you have to peel back the wheel lining. After all of that you have to reach in and pull a tab down (you will have to look at the replacement and visualize how it will fit so you can reach the right tab). I also had to use a small plastic tongue depressor to help pop it out on the outside as I could not get enough leverage from inside to pop it out. Once it is out the rest is easy. All in all if your dealer will do it it is worth the money, otherwise you have to be very patient.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the install process- sounds like fun! My dealer is in another state and I'm having the car delivered. I don't want to risk delaying delivery for any reason, so I'll just end up doing it myself. The wait is killing me as it is!

Mine did not come with bulbs, as I didn't order them. I was given the option and opted to pass. I figure if I wanted amber bulbs, those would be easy enough to find, but I need to figure out exactly what I'm looking for, first.

Hopefully, someone will come up with the bulb type or post a pic...

Old 12-22-2010, 06:04 PM
To those who rec'd the bulbs with their side marker order, do the bulbs look either of these? According to the manual, they are W5W (type, rating) bulbs. Thanks.

Attached Images   
Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Wolverine1 is on a distinguished road
The swap out was simple and took about 5 minutes per side.
Some people have used 10 lb test fishing line. I used some light gauge picture frame wire. I slipped the wire under the front point of the light, worked it back about one-third of the way then gave it a quick tug. The light popped out.
The new marker snapped right back into place.