Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How to disable start/stop feature?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:31 AM
RS1000 is on a distinguished road
How to disable start/stop feature?

My is 2011 Diesel. It comes with this Start/Stop feature. It so annoying since I have to commute in traffic during rush hour to work. The engine stop and restart too frequently (less in night time). It even stops the engine when I stop at toll booth. Is there any button to disable it?

Old 12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
little button by the center cup holders. ON/OFF.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:40 PM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-04-2011, 08:00 AM
RS1000 is on a distinguished road
Got it, thanks. However, I have to remind myself to press it every morning when leave home.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Panamera remembers your previous setting from the last time you drove, but Cayenne doesn't. Weird..

Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
markwofford is on a distinguished road
Is this true? I was sort of wondering about the 8 speed for my CTT build. I felt the 6 speed would probably be best for me and more sporty, but was half considering the 8 speed for occasional use and noticed that most all CTT's I've seen for sale across the country have the 8 speed. I thought it might be a more advanced trans. and have closer ratios for perhaps better performance and/or taller gearing for better on-highway fuel economy?

I had "assumed" the Cayenne would leave it OFF or in disabled mode after the restart and I'd leave it that way 98% of the time. However, if it defaults to ON after every restart so that you have to turn it OFF each time you start the car, that would be very annoying for me and an ABSOLUTE NO for my build.

I've had multiple cars that "required" pushing button "x" or flipping lever "y" each for most used features that reset after car was turned off. This becomes old having to do it each time and after a while, I end up just leaving it in standard mode, only to later realize I left button x off.

Can someone confirm this for this is true?
Is it the same for ALL Cayenne Models (Turbo included)?

Thanks

Last edited by markwofford; 01-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
longisland2000 is on a distinguished road
if you turn off the auto start/stop button it does remember it when you turn the car back off. I turned mine off on day 1 and have not touched it since

Old 01-04-2011, 01:58 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by markwofford
Is this true? I was sort of wondering about the 8 speed for my CTT build. I felt the 6 speed would probably be best for me and more sporty, but was half considering the 8 speed for occasional use and noticed that most all CTT's I've seen for sale across the country have the 8 speed. I thought it might be a more advanced trans. and have closer ratios for perhaps better performance and/or taller gearing for better on-highway fuel economy?
I know all manufacturers transmissions are different, but having had a 7 speed in my G-wagen, I'll take a 5 or 6 in a heartbeat over in any high HP SUV/car I buy again. When you have that much power, all the gear changes honestly get annoying. It was a little better in manual mode, but in auto, it was just too many shifts. This is especially noticeable if you drive aggressively. In a tranny with less gears, you'd still be at a certain spot in the powerband when you floored it a lot more often, but when there's that many gears, it tends to upshift a lot more often.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:13 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
anyone with 8speed confirm that when turned off it stays off when car turned off/on? otherwise this would get annoying!

Old 01-04-2011, 02:27 PM
ccexxp1 is on a distinguished road
For sure it remembers...

I forgot about that! I live in NYC, and it's too much going on and off all the time. I set it off about 1.5 months ago, and forgot all about that feature. It does not reset to on each time I start the car and drive it. I'm sure.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Magnetic K will become famous soon enough
Yes, confirmed, on an 8 speed Tiptronic. Auto Start Stop button, once pressed, remembers the setting. So once off, will stay off, until button is pressed again.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:46 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
the OP is in Thailand. The Auto-Stop on US Cayenne's are programmed differently from the Euro Cayennes, so maybe that's why the OP can't keep it off:

"This feature was necessary to meet new European Union C02 standards, so the Auto-Stop function is active unless the driver disables it. U.S.-bound Cayennes, however, don't have to meet the EU emissions standard, so the driver must activate the Auto Stop function when they feel like being frugal."

Last edited by DanK; 01-04-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
@markwofford -- you might want to order that turbo soon if you don't want the auto-stop, looks like Porsche is going to force it on you soon:

Porsche's drive train project manager, Christian Heiselbetz, told us, "When we started the new Cayenne program several years ago, Americans weren't so concerned about fuel economy. We didn't think they'd value the feature, so we made it necessary for the driver to engage it. We think that we will reverse this in the future."

Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 AM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
Mine has been off since August 2010, you might wanna get her back to the workshop for a quick checkup.