Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Critique my '11 CS Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:29 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Critique my '11 CS Build

Thoughts? What am i missing, what's a waste? What can this be had for at the dealer?

Cayenne S Tiptronic

$63,700

Packages

BOSEŽ Audio Package
PU6
$2,160

Exterior Color

Meteor Grey Metallic
9Q
$790

Interior Color

Two-tone Leather Interior in Black/Titanium Blue
TW
$4,085

Exterior

Panorama Roof System
3FU
$660
Reversing Camera with ParkAssist Front and Rear
7X8
$1,750
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
QJ4
$150

Performance

Sports Exhaust System

0P8
$2,950
Extended Range Fuel Tank
0M1
$0
Air Suspension with Self-levelling and Height Adjustment with PASM
1BK
$3,980
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
0AW
$3,510

Wheels

21" Cayenne SportEdition Wheel Painted Black with Wheel Arch Extension

CQ1
$6,115

Interior

Three-spoke Sports Steering Wheel with Paddles
1ML
$0
18-way Adaptive Sports Seats with Memory Package
PE6
$1,815
Rear Side Airbags
4X4
$370

Audio and Communications

Telephone Module
9W1
$265
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module and universal audio interface
7T1
$3,645

Destination Charge:

Destination Charge:

$975
Total Price*

$96,920

Old 12-20-2010, 12:47 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Great build! Did you try adding the Premium Plus Package? You get some of the options you individually added and a few more that you might appreciate at a similar cost.

It's going to be a great ride!

Last edited by slw23; 12-20-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Sport package n/a CS
Old 12-20-2010, 01:12 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
love that interior colour combo!

there's a few little things:

-I believe rear airbags are standard/free on builds after mid jan. check with your dealer

-you don't need the telephone module to use bluetooth w/your cell phone. all the telephone module does is allow you to use an antenna built into the cayenne instead of the antenna on your phone. apparently the europeans are concerned about extra cell phone exposure from the phones signal bouncing around inside the vehicle.

-any interest in PTV +? it adds a locking rear differential as well as helping with cornering. It may enhance performance more than the PDCC -- PASM and the Air Suspension are already going to minimize bodyroll in comparison to the standard steel springs. of course if you have the budget for both PDCC and PTV the car is going to have amazing handling.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I test drove a car with PTV but the one I bought did not have it, but did have PDCC. I wish it did have PTV as around tight corners you can not accelerate, the power is cut off until you straighten out....annoying. Also I have the burmester, and I am not a audiophile but this system is so amazing - its a must have IMO.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
PTV, get it.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by slw23
Great build! Did you try adding the Premium Plus Package? You get some of the options you individually added and a few more that you might appreciate at a similar cost.

It's going to be a great ride!
Thanks! I'll look into these packages when i get to the dealer and see what makes the most sense!

Originally Posted by DanK
love that interior colour combo!

there's a few little things:

-I believe rear airbags are standard/free on builds after mid jan. check with your dealer

-you don't need the telephone module to use bluetooth w/your cell phone. all the telephone module does is allow you to use an antenna built into the cayenne instead of the antenna on your phone. apparently the europeans are concerned about extra cell phone exposure from the phones signal bouncing around inside the vehicle.

-any interest in PTV +? it adds a locking rear differential as well as helping with cornering. It may enhance performance more than the PDCC -- PASM and the Air Suspension are already going to minimize bodyroll in comparison to the standard steel springs. of course if you have the budget for both PDCC and PTV the car is going to have amazing handling.
Very helpful. thanks! Yeah, i really love the blue interior. I just with they offered it without needing the full leather dash, etc. May wind up going with the gray to keep the cost down.

I'll look into the PTV. Wasn't really sure about it. All i knew was that everyone said PDCC was a must when i was considering picking up a used 09-10 CTT or GTS. Now, for the price, i'm starting to think I'm better off with a new S.

Can anyone elaborate a litte more on PTV vs. PDCC?

Also, what's everyone's opinion on the SpyderDesign vs. SportDesign vs SportEdition wheel? I can't decide.

Originally Posted by Jace
PTV, get it.
PTV in addition to PDCC or instead of?

Old 12-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
PTV, helps push the outside wheels faster, by slowing the inside wheels around corners.
Night and day to those opted without it vs with it. GET IT.

PDCC, eliminates body roll around turns.
YOu can turn hard left, then hard right, and body stays level. Without it, nose dips in when turning oposite direction.
GET IT.

GET BOTH, not one or the other..
If I had to choose, I'm not sure, I might get the PTV over the PDCC, but I WOULD ALWAYS GET BOTH if that was an option.

Wheels are all nice, personal preference. I got the turbo plus wheels, 5 spoke because I prefer and liked the best.

Google PDCC, or just go to porsche.com/usa and view their videos. They have both the PDCC and PVT in videos with explanations of both. straight from the source.

Last edited by Jace; 12-20-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
PTV, helps push the outside wheels faster, by slowing the inside wheels around corners.
Night and day to those opted without it vs with it. GET IT.

PDCC, eliminates body roll around turns.
YOu can turn hard left, then hard right, and body stays level. Without it, nose dips in when turning oposite direction.
GET IT.

GET BOTH, not one or the other..
If I had to choose, I'm not sure, I might get the PTV over the PDCC, but I WOULD ALWAYS GET BOTH if that was an option.

Wheels are all nice, personal preference. I got the turbo plus wheels, 5 spoke because I prefer and liked the best.

Google PDCC, or just go to porsche.com/usa and view their videos. They have both the PDCC and PVT in videos with explanations of both. straight from the source.
Awesome! Thanks! Its even worth it without the power of the turbo...remember, i'm looking at an S

Old 12-20-2010, 01:48 PM
yes, every one of the options in question doesn't matter the model, just get them. you'll be happy.
Do you go around corners in an S, do you accelerate around bends? if yes, to the previous, then get.
what's it matter, it's only money!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 PM
yes, every one of the options in question doesn't matter the model, just get them. you'll be happy.
Do you go around corners in an S, do you accelerate around bends? if yes, to the previous, then get.
what's it matter, it's only money!
YES SIR!

Old 12-20-2010, 03:41 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to Cayenne forum. The debate on PDCC/PTV is a never ending one my friend. Just spend some time searching posts from Sept 2010 onwards and you will see countless threads on these two options.

People who have them or are going to get them come up with reasons to get them and people who don't have them try to rationalize why they are not needed. Jace and I are probably one of the biggest proponents of these two performance upgrades. Contrary to popular belief, one does not have to drive fast or like a madman to take advantage of these two features. BTW, CS is a very fast and capable vehicle without making any comparisons to the turbo. You have to take into consideration that maintenance down the road may be more expensive on cars with air-suspension, PDCC etc.

On a sidenote, roof rails cannot be added at a later date so if this matters to you get it now.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:52 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
On a sidenote, roof rails cannot be added at a later date so if this matters to you get it now.
Damn! was not aware of that. Was planning on getting roof rails and SS skid plates as soon as they were available from tequipment.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:15 PM
teamwenz is on a distinguished road
Enjoy the ride and I hope the wait is not too long for you. I sure love my Cayenne it's an incredible vehicle.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:10 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I love the 20 inch RS spyder wheel. It has a nice platinum like finish to it. There is always a wider selection for tires in the even numbers (ie. 18, 20) compared to odd numbers like 19 and 21 inch. The 21 inch wheel selection that Porsche has to offer for the 2011 Cayenne are very good looking but there will be some harshness to the ride and each pothole can be unforgiving for some. Add to that the cost of tires for 21 inch are more expensive compared to the 20s. I personally think the 18s are very small for the Cayenne. Hence 20 inches is a sweet spot between looks and ride comfort.

The 18 inch seats are very sporty looking and feeling (due to it's sculpted bolsters). I would not order a Cayenne without these for my use. However it can get too snug for some people's comfort. The center seat on the second row also becomes a little more difficult to use as there is a prominent bolster from either side. Hence I would take an extended drive on the 14's and 18 -way seats and make an individual decision. If you are not sure of what I am trying to convey let me know, I can post some pictures.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Get the compass for aesthetics.... other that nice build. The exhaust is a must! Roof rails are a must now but I know skid plates at any time.

oh.. PTV!

Last edited by uhn2000; 12-20-2010 at 07:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Critique my '11 CS Build