Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

MY poor baby TOO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 04:52 PM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
MY poor baby TOO

So I made a trip across the US the last few nights, and I am now stranded in a small (very small) town in Nevada. I had mentioned the coils being hit or miss to my dealer in CO, and he said there was nothing he could do until a check engine light came on... now, here I am, in a town without anything even resembling a proper car dealership, and I am S.O.L. Just thought I would share, and possibly prevent anyone else from taking long trips and not having their coils replaced. Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2010, 05:21 PM
BLKPPR is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that, hope that by Monday you are on the way home. Good Luck

Old 12-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Cayenne is on a distinguished road
Our poor babies
best of luck to you but may I suggest, hitchhike down to Las Vegas and have some fun!
Merry Christmas!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 AM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Got the ignition coils in this morning from Suncoast, took me three hours to install them myself and sandblast my plugs and clean 'em. Took it out in the snow tonight and it drove wonderfully. Only issue now, is that when I am at idle, it feels like my power steering is dead, when I give it gas, it works fine. So I am thinking either A) my pump is dying, or B) I possibly got some snow between the belt/pulley and it is slipping... I know B is just me having high hopes, and with the customer service (EXTREME lack thereof, rather) from Porsche, I might be selling my Cayenne and going for another manufacturer with better customer service and someone that stands by their products and won't leave you stranded. Rant's over though... Happy Early New Year everyone.