Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:39 AM
ralicap is on a distinguished road
Joining class action?

Would like to join class action suit. Replaced coolant lines last summer and my Cayenne is in the shop right now having the water pump replaced (ouch). Seem to be rebuilding this car part by part. Please forward any information on joining the suit (I'm in Colorado).

Old 04-13-2011, 08:08 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TenaciousT
Crap....why did I join this damn forum

What were the symptoms of this? I have 52k on my 04' S and am starting to fear driving the damn thing. Not what I expected when I bought a Porsche!

I felt the same way when I started reading all these post. The thing I have realized is not all have these issues and even though they are very common. step back and watch for the signs but enjoy your Cayenne. I have fear driving mine but had the dealer run a report and showed me everything that has been addressed which made me feel better.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
s4treg is on a distinguished road
I'm interested in joining. I paid the $1900 to replace them and am now going through a rebuild of the short block due to a scored cylinder (another $15k). No help from Porsche.

55k miles btw, so any recouping of costs would be great. PM me for my personal information.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:01 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Here you go bud: https://www.smartsheet.com/b/publish...652d1240be51ad

I spoke to legal this week and they are actively mining the database. Waiting to hear back on status.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
s4treg is on a distinguished road
Thanks! I'll scan the repair bill so the law firm has all the information.

As I said, I've just today given the dealership the green light to rebuild the short block due to "blown" engine. So, to recap this car, I will have replaced the coolant pipes ($2k), pistons & short block ($15k) and for good measure all the coil packs (that happened trying to fix the misfires, which didn't work and resulted in the blown engine diagnosis). I saw someone else say they are replacing their engine one piece at a time, well I hear you. This is terrible quality. Almost $20k into a car worth $30k. I'm just not sure at what point I decide to jump from a moving Cayenne while driving up Pike's Peak.

Last edited by s4treg; 05-03-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:46 PM
06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future
Well......the coolant pipes just went out (67192 miles) and luckily I was a block away from home. $2900 later, (that includes an almost $700 starter) and shes back home. I am assuming once this goes through all the legal hoops we all will be reimburse the bill for repair. But what about the bill to replace the Torque Converter Seal that inadvertently fails due to the coolant leak?
Thats another $1600 (mostly all labor) to replace. And its a proven fact that when the coolant pipes burst, your starter will fail eventually, and the torque converter seal will fail eventually all due to the mass amounts of coolant.

I joined the class action lawsuit before my pipes burst. Should I update my info now that I am a burst pipe victim. Or submit a new form?

2006 Cayenne Turbo

Last edited by 06Turbo; 05-06-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:15 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 06Turbo
Well......the coolant pipes just went out (67192 miles) and luckily I was a block away from home. $2900 later, (that includes an almost $700 starter) and shes back home. I am assuming once this goes through all the legal hoops we all will be reimburse the bill for repair. But what about the bill to replace the Torque Converter Seal that inadvertently fails due to the coolant leak?
Thats another $1600 (mostly all labor) to replace. And its a proven fact that when the coolant pipes burst, your starter will fail eventually, and the torque converter seal will fail eventually all due to the mass amounts of coolant.

I joined the class action lawsuit before my pipes burst. Should I update my info now that I am a burst pipe victim. Or submit a new form?

2006 Cayenne Turbo

No updated needed, I just sent the attorneys your post as it speaks volumes about the situation ( and I aint talkin joisy shore ).

Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 PM
florez773 is on a distinguished road
Angry

just put my info on petition.
have a 04 cayenne s with 78k in chicago il.
is there anything that i have to do besides petition with me being in illinois?
also i just found out of this ridiculous problem and my cayenne is leaking coolant and will burst eventually. how long do these lawsuits usually take?
wanna know if i should just garage truck or pay 2000 for upgrade before it completely burst.

thanks

Old 05-19-2011, 06:22 PM
crewdog is on a distinguished road
Please count me in! Pm if you need any of my info. Or do I email the attorneys? Ive been noticing a little bit of roughness at idle especially with the AC on!!!

Last edited by crewdog; 05-19-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Just fill out the form! The attorneys are directly connected to the database so they can see the data. It all helps!!

Last edited by roxboxxx; 05-19-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Dougb756 is on a distinguished road
Still going on?

Is the lawsuit still going on? I am in the same situation with my 2004 Cayenne S. Thanks

Old 05-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Yep ! I will be calling the one Boston based attorney this week to check status.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
Hi Roxx.. would it matter if the coolant pipes were replaced in a Porsche dealership or a local shop? Thanks and have a great Memorial Day

Old 06-01-2011, 07:37 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Just ordered the kit to do the pipes.. local independent will be doing them, even though the truck is under CPO (they haven't burst yet - but we're taking this thing coast 2 coast 2 coast in July, and I don't want to break down in some Dog awful place like Nebraska.. where there are no Porsche dealers.)

If the class action is done right (experience with a BMW one on tearing sheet metal where the suspension mounts to the car) - people who had the work done by an independent could submit their bills and be reimbursed. Hopefully these attorneys know how to word it..

Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 PM
zdeilenberger is correct. If there is a win, we all get some resolution.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit