Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Maca0003
can the leaky coolant lines leak directly into combustion chamber AND oil ?
Appreciate if someone can help me out with this info
Thank you.
No. Not even close.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Since this thread is brought back from the dead, has anyone got reimbursed for this repair?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 AM
CALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really nice

Just ought a 2005 turbo and replacing the pipes this weekend. Will change the pipes out of pocket and will try to file after. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I submitted my claim months ago, but I haven't yet received reimbursement.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:34 AM
CALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really nice
Coils

Was going to do the Coils also ..what part number are the bad ones and what are the good ones? Thanks again

Old 04-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
The coil reimbursement was based on the VIN of your vehicle, not on the coil part numbers. If your Cayenne falls into the covered VIN range and you can document that a dealer performed repairs, then you may be eligible for reimbursement.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Jbarmybrat1981 is on a distinguished road
Can I get reimburse

I live in north Carolina, I want to know how I can get reimbursed for having to replace the plastic coolant pipes. Also because they blew I am now having to replace the Torque Convertor Pump seal. Please let me know I would appreciate it.
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Extremely interested since I have been shaking in my boots about these breaking on my CPO 2005 CT. Porsche North America and Porsche dealerships (at least my local one) seem to be all about milking us for all they can get.

On this forum I have heard of bills as high at $9,000 in repairs due to the failure of those time bombs atop our engines. It is insane of PNA to neglect this known aspect since it places so much more at risk should and when the pipes fail.

I have decided that I will replace them at my expense when my CPO warranty expires June 2011 if they haven't failed during the warranty. However, I will have the work done at a reputable independent shop with a master Porsche mechanic NOT at the only dealership in my area.

My local dealer drove the poor fellow off. They've a habit of not treating their mechanics--or customers--well.

I will never buy a new Porsche and I won't buy another used CPO one. I will buy used and take mine to a more reasonable fellow who knows more than the area dealership and its staff. I don't want to be strapped by a CPO warranty to the dealer again.

I hate the fact that the dealer chooses not to honor Porsche's own parts warranty of two years. They have just about lost my business and it's obvious they don't care.

While they push me claiming 'buy a new one and everything will be covered,' future performance is best guaged by past performance and current behavior. Since they are shaming themselves [and me] right now, there's no sense hoping for better performance by (unnecessarily) rewarding them. They've taught me my lesson.

However, getting those pipes fixed and preventing costly repairs is paramount. Every time I accelerate my rear window vision becomes obscured and I worry my pipes have broken.

While they assure me it doesn't happen in colder climates. My car spent it's first four years in the desert. Besides, the dealer had one CayenneS in the shop for a few days fixing the blown pipes on it.

Why wait?

Old 08-05-2015, 03:07 PM
06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future
I filled out the paperwork, sent it in before the deadline (December 31st /2014) I'm still waiting for my refund check.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Jbarmybrat1981 is on a distinguished road
any helpful info

hey there. thanks for the reply that is crazy you filled that out that long ago and have gotten nothing.. any ideal how I can go about contacting someone and seeing about getting reimburse for the repairs I've had to have done because of the faulty plastic pipes?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:16 PM
MelissaW. is on a distinguished road
Kinda scary reading this.......I am new to Porsche is why I am here, just joined today after test driving the Cayenne Turbo and The Cayenne GTS....The GTS body that I drove was my favorite, enjoyed the drive too I am a current owner of My BMWX5 that I had built in 2007. I test drove the newX5 M-Sport (Wish I could buy the M but not in my price range) and was considering buying a new X5 MSport but was not for sure after driving the Cayenne. I am so confused because I have always been a BMW Girl. It is scary trying to decide but I am not going to rush making my decision until I learn more about both the them. The GTS that I drove was a 2013 came home told my husband how beautiful and nice the certified GTS is. He thought I was crazy because of the price of this GTS He said I can buy you a New X5 MSport for that price. But in the long run I know he will do whatever I want to do.......I am not so sure about buying the used GTS but possibly looking into the New Ones and the pricing. I do realize the Porsche is going to be a little more pricey. I just want to know the pros and cons of both brands, guess you get problems with all of them eventually which is truly sad considering the cost of European cars and loosing the value on them after 7-8 years.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:14 PM
This issue isn't applicable to 2013 Cayennes.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:18 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
I have heard many stories about getting reimbursed from Porsche or getting them to replace them. I think as a Porsche community we should not expect much out of them. I know its horrible but it is what it is.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:32 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Still haven't seen my refund check...anyone else?

Old 10-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
There was one person who appealed the ruling... that appeal was denied by the courts but it extended the timeline for additional appeals to be placed. That ended this week so if no further appeals are filed then I would expect this to close and settlements sent out within the next 6-8 weeks hopefully.

Been a long wait for me (I am one of the main plaintiff's in the case)

David

Old 10-15-2015, 02:38 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Reborn996
There was one person who appealed the ruling... that appeal was denied by the courts but it extended the timeline for additional appeals to be placed. That ended this week so if no further appeals are filed then I would expect this to close and settlements sent out within the next 6-8 weeks hopefully.

Been a long wait for me (I am one of the main plaintiff's in the case)

David
Cheers to you for getting involved. I should be getting pretty close to max refund! Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit