Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I'm in on this suit if it gets anywhere! I'd love to have some of my $1800 back.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
so? how many posters here have signed up on roxboxxx's link? any takers?

Old 01-10-2011, 06:33 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Count 'em & let us know.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
roxboxxx, can you check how many have signed up?

Old 01-11-2011, 04:07 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
To date - 6 with the average person also having to go in for transmission seals.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:51 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Question

Originally Posted by roxboxxx
To date - 6 with the average person also having to go in for transmission seals.
I am surprised that it is only six!

Any idea on what transmission seals cost?

What's the average loss?

Are you saying there are only six who have expereinced damages and/or only six who are interested in such an action?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:18 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gr8ful
I am surprised that it is only six!

Any idea on what transmission seals cost?

What's the average loss?

Are you saying there are only six who have expereinced damages and/or only six who are interested in such an action?
-------

Maybe it was the way I wrote the piggyback post saying "lets get a blessing from the admins". I will go change that now.

We now have 8:

Lowest cost repair:$800

Highest cost repair:$2300

Trim: 5 Cayenne s's & 3 Turbos

AT THIS POINT - LETS START CIRCULATING THIS LINK (HERE AND ON OTHER FORUMS): https://www.smartsheet.com/b/publish...652d1240be51ad

Last edited by roxboxxx; 01-14-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Lightbulb

OK, those are the ones with losses. Eight.

How many are those who potentially and likely face similar fates?

(Answer) It is huge. I'm in that group.

Is there any way to reach out to those who have suffered losses and not realize the design flaw cause? Is there some way to reach out to ALL 2003-2006 Cayenne V8 owners?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 PM
The form does not ask only for people who have had failures but for those that plan on replacing the pipes. Not sure how that fits into a class action, but I will say that every time I get a CA letter in the mail it says " You MAY have been impacted by . . . ".

If we don't hit CA levels of complaints, P-car america could still be grass-routed into doing something.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:29 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
I had to replace my Tranny a few months ago in my 04 CTT, but I haven't noticed any leaks. I guess I better check. Luckily I'm under warranty til April. I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

Great info so far. THANKS!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:51 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
The form does not ask only for people who have had failures but for those that plan on replacing the pipes. Not sure how that fits into a class action, but I will say that every time I get a CA letter in the mail it says " You MAY have been impacted by . . . ".

If we don't hit CA levels of complaints, P-car america could still be grass-routed into doing something.
So I think the lawsuit is definitely happening - spoke to the NY attorney last week. They like California cayenne owners, in terms of pro-consumer states. More later...

Old 01-17-2011, 10:11 PM
bump to the top.. c'mon people.. we need to show some unity here..

Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 AM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
Subscribed and sent in my info. Hopefully at least Porsche will turn it into an open recall but then that doesn't really help people whose pipes have already blown

Old 01-18-2011, 08:17 AM
16 people to date have completed the form. I am pretty sure there are more than 16 cayenne drivers here, so safe to say, they need some motivation.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Silver TT is on a distinguished road
Subscribed and added my info to the smartsheet form just now.

I have not had the pipes break yet from what I can tell but I am definitely experiencing some symptoms.

On Jan 4th the climate control heat stopped working - no hot air would come out of the vents even after the truck was warmed up and fans on high. I thought it was something specific to the climate control and not the coolant but then the temp gauge started running hot and I did get a "engine too hot" notification for a brief second and then the temps came back down to normal. I immediately stopped driving and checked the coolant. Took 2 full gallons and the truck then ran like new. When I arrived at the office after a 40 mile drive it took another 0.5 gallons. I figure this could be from the coolant needing to circulate to the rest of the heating system and piping (which was 1/2 empty at that point).

I don't plan to drive the truck anymore until I know this issue is fixed. Anyone else low on coolant and then fill up and not have any other issues or is this just the first sign of a major coolant system issue like others have experienced?

Thanks for starting this thread...I will be watching closely. Also had the coil packs done at my expense so I'd like to get that money reimbursed too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit