Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Old 01-22-2011, 12:55 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by simpleman325i
Does anyone know?? does it matter where the car is or where it was purchased? I live in NE but i do believe it was originally from Cali..
I think that fact qualifies me and my SUV. I specified that in my e-letter to Christensen.

In fact, I think anyone anywhere in the US and Canada even may be qualified because these cars all come in from the same place.

I encourage EVERYONE to get involved.

How many Cayenne's have been sold since 2003 until the pipes were changed in MY2008?

It was Porsche's best seller ever and remains so. That is a large pool of customers to leave hanging.

Whatever you do, save your receipts. I have a feeling this will all get covered sooner or later.

As a matter of fact, I accepted the car inside Arizona but the transaction (paperwork) occured in California. I loathe paying any uneccessary taxes--especially to that rotten State who leads our country down the drain!

Last edited by gr8ful; 01-22-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Still trying to hunt down a Borescope to determine 'IF' mine have been replaced or not. Currently, I find myself glancing down at the Water Temp gauge more often than not; getting annoying.
My dealer just says "oh, don't believe what you read. Folks only complain on those boards...not talk about it being a non-issue. We've got A LOT of 955 customers and no issues"
Yeah, not sure they're getting it - ;(

Old 01-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dmcintosh
Hey Guys,
I've also posted this on Renn List, but figuered you guys would be interested here too. My lawyer has filed calss action suites in NY and NJ, and we are currently working to file in California. The more people that join in the better. here is my lawyers contact info, feel free to contact them and become part of the case.

Here are some details on the case my lawyer filed:

1. This class action is brought by Plaintiff seeking damages and equitable relief on his own behalf and on behalf of all others similarly situated who have purchased Porsche Cayenne vehicles ("Class Vehicles"), which includes all Cayenne models manufactured by Porsche.
2. Porsche manufactured all Cayenne models with plastic coolant tubes rather than aluminum coolant pipes as part of the vehicle’s cooling system.
3. Porsche installed the plastic coolant tubes knowing that the tubes will prematurely degrade and fracture. This failure causes coolant fluid to leak, often resulting in coolant seeping directly into the vehicle’s starter and seals causing possible engine damage and engine failure. When Cayenne owners present their vehicles for repair or replacement, they cannot purchase the same plastic coolant tubes installed by Porsche. Rather, Cayenne owners are forced to purchase an “update kit” from Porsche that essentially replaces the plastic coolant tubes with aluminum coolant pipes for all Cayenne models.
4. Porsche knows that consumers will be forced to purchase the costly aluminum coolant pipes and incur significant labor costs. Despite this knowledge, Porsche made a corporate decision to conceal this knowledge from consumers. Moreover, Porsche chose not to warn consumers of the potential dangers of a sudden coolant spill directly into the starter. Porsche contains to promote the Cayenne engine and its component parts as safe, reliable and free from material defects.
5. As a result of Porsche's practices, Plaintiff and Class members have suffered injury in fact and have lost money or property, including economic damages. Moreover, Porsche has committed consumer fraud and unjustly enriches itself under the laws of New York.

Here is my lawyers contact info if you would life further details on the case:

Jeanne M. Christensen, Esq.
Schlanger & Schlanger, LLP
Main Phone: 1-800-685-2580 | Email: jeanne@schlangerlegal.com
www.NewYorkConsumerProtection.com
Westchester Office:
1025 Westchester Ave., Ste. 108
White Plains, NY 10604
Fax: 914.946.2930 Manhattan Office:
100 Church St., 8th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Fax: 212.500.6114
+1 Thanks !!

Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
i received a 'read reply' on my e-letter to the attorney.

This is a good sign.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Fuzer is on a distinguished road
How do I get involved? My coolant line burst a little over a year ago.. cost me about 3k everything said and done

Boston Ma

Old 01-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Fuzer
How do I get involved? My coolant line burst a little over a year ago.. cost me about 3k everything said and done

Boston Ma
E-mail the attorney above.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I've filled out the online form last week.
https://www.smartsheet.com/b/publish...652d1240be51ad

Do I still need to contact the lawyer?
Jeanne M. Christensen, Esq.
Schlanger & Schlanger, LLP
Main Phone: 1-800-685-2580 | Email: jeanne@schlangerlegal.com

BTW, I'm from WA state and would like to include WA state in this case.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
LEGAL UPDATE !!!

I have spoke to Jeanne and the lawyer she is co-council with in Boston.
Here is the status:

(First of thank you dmcintosh for starting the legal end and dragging qualified lawyers to the table)

1. They are preparing their case in 3 states - New York, New Jersey and California (& possibly florida). They are doing so as this is where the largest concentration of Cayenne owners live. As Porsche will have to fight each case separately, it is the hopes of the attorneys that PCNA would settle first, make restitution to those who already paid and issue a recall for those who have not. If that happens, it is the attorney's believe that it would be nationwide and not just in the filed states.

2. As previously stated, when we reached a large enough number of form completions, I would share the data with the attorney's. As of this morning, we were at 30 entrants and access to the data was provided. This means that if you completed the form, you will most likely be contacted by Jeanne or here co-council(s).

3. It was made clear that the database will be a substantially helpful with case preparation so PLEASE - if you have not yet completed the form, please do so.

4. The attorneys have found references to the coolant pipes on the 08 and new possibly also being plastic. They are looking into this now and if it turns out to be the case, the form will be updated to include later years.

NOTE: AS OF TODAY, THERE IS NO NEED TO CONTACT JEANNE or HER CO-COUNCIL DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FORM. THEY WILL SELECT WHO THEY THINK WILL HELP THE CASE AND REACH OUT VIA THE EMAIL YOU ENTER IN THE FORM.

So in short - WE GOT TRACTION FOLKS!

For reference, here is the form again:

So far notice of this form has been posted on:

- 6speedonline
- renntech forums

I will also be posting this on l4p and reaching out to the NJ Porsche owners club (http://www.nnjr-pca.com)

Are there any other sites I should post this on???

Old 01-24-2011, 11:35 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
So, since from VA, I guess no need to join in -

Originally Posted by roxboxxx
LEGAL UPDATE !!!

I have spoke to Jeanne and the lawyer she is co-council with in Boston.
Here is the status:

(First of thank you dmcintosh for starting the legal end and dragging qualified lawyers to the table)

1. They are preparing their case in 3 states - New York, New Jersey and California (& possibly florida). They are doing so as this is where the largest concentration of Cayenne owners live. As Porsche will have to fight each case separately, it is the hopes of the attorneys that PCNA would settle first, make restitution to those who already paid and issue a recall for those who have not. If that happens, it is the attorney's believe that it would be nationwide and not just in the filed states.

2. As previously stated, when we reached a large enough number of form completions, I would share the data with the attorney's. As of this morning, we were at 30 entrants and access to the data was provided. This means that if you completed the form, you will most likely be contacted by Jeanne or here co-council(s).

3. It was made clear that the database will be a substantially helpful with case preparation so PLEASE - if you have not yet completed the form, please do so.

4. The attorneys have found references to the coolant pipes on the 08 and new possibly also being plastic. They are looking into this now and if it turns out to be the case, the form will be updated to include later years.

NOTE: AS OF TODAY, THERE IS NO NEED TO CONTACT JEANNE or HER CO-COUNCIL DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FORM. THEY WILL SELECT WHO THEY THINK WILL HELP THE CASE AND REACH OUT VIA THE EMAIL YOU ENTER IN THE FORM.

So in short - WE GOT TRACTION FOLKS!

For reference, here is the form again:

So far notice of this form has been posted on:

- 6speedonline
- renntech forums

I will also be posting this on l4p and reaching out to the NJ Porsche owners club (http://www.nnjr-pca.com)

Are there any other sites I should post this on???

Old 01-24-2011, 11:55 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the updates!

I would definitely join and file the online form if I were you even if you aren't located NY, NJ, and CA; your input will possibly help to benefit all of us at the end.
(BTW, I've completed the form even though I'm from WA state.)

Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks for bringing that page to my attention, I have completed it. I urge everyone everywhere to register their Cayennes. I am in Alaska. The strategy as outlined about seems reasonable and best.

Thank you.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
PLEASE REGISTER EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT IN NY, NY or CALI!!!!

The legal team could run this out to other states, but more importantly,
the case presented will show that this is not just a handful of complaints.
It's important to show PCNA that they are in for a long legal state-by-state battle
if they do not consider resolution. The fact that 2 separate law firms in 2 separate
states came together over this issue on a contingency basis, clearly indicates that this thing has legs.

Oh and I neglected to say earlier, THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE REGISTERED!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey, roxboxxx,

THANKS!

For all the work you're doing on this. I think a lot people are going to owe you.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Just hugs and free stickers - that's all I need. (Hugs for dmac also!)

Actually, really would love a sponsor to hit me up with some upgrades as my list is growing

Last edited by roxboxxx; 01-24-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 PM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
Any chance of Canadian owners getting involved in the action suit?? If not, I guess I could register under my Florida address..?? I have already added my name to the list using my home (Canadian) address.

Luckily my coolant lines have been fine, but would love to have the repair down...if I decide to pro-actively have the upgrade down would that still be considered for re-inbursement...or would it be better to wait and see if Porsche does a recall??

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit