Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Interior Color for Dark Blue Metallic CTT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:35 PM
markwofford is on a distinguished road
Interior Color for Dark Blue Metallic CTT?

I've had too many black on black cars and want something different.

I really like the blue exterior color and I'm near 100% that that is the color for me. However, the interior is one difficult area for me in trying to build the car. I think the black interior would go the best, but I'm considering other options as I've had so many black interiors and would like a change.

I had an ML500 in the past with dark blue exterior, dark brown dash/ steering wheel and trim with lighter tan seats, carpets, lower trim. It was a nice color combination.

In considering the options for a CTT with Dark Blue Metallic, I'm uncertain how these three interiors will look. I have two young children, so the Umber / Cream isn't an option for me. Also, if I want monotone, I'd go with black.

1. Natural Leather in Espresso / Cognac
2. Umber / Light Tartufo
3. Black / Titanium Blue

Of the three, the Umber / Light Tartufo seems to match what my Mercedes had (based on what I can tell from the Porsche Website), although I'm uncertain as to how light it would be and how well it will go with the blue exterior. I seem to prefer the darker Natural Leather in Espresso / Cognac, but I'm even MORE uncertain as to how this would match with the blue exterior. Lastly, the black with titanium blue seems like it would become old and tiresome and it's really hard to tell from the Porsche site, just how it looks. From the Porsche site, it looks pretty dull and frankly, somewhat cheap (although for a $130,000 I can't imagine it would end up that way).

So, please if anyone has gone through this same thought process or happens to have such cars and/ or pics with the blue exterior could you please post? Any opinions? I really appreciate the help.

Mark

Old 12-28-2010, 02:37 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Personally, I like the Umber/Tartufo or Espresso/Cognac combos with the Dark Blue Metallic more than the Black/Blue, as they seem to have a better contrast. That said, my opinion is a bit skewed as I just don't care for the Black/Blue int. (no offense to anyone who has it). Of the other two, my eyes seem to like the Umber/Tartufo more. Color preferences are such personal choices... if it were me, I'd go with Black (classic, easy care) or Plat. Grey w the Blue Ext- pretty boring, I know... this coming from a guy with an incoming Silver/Black build.

Here is a link with some good pics, I believe the Umber/Tartufo is on page 1.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pictures.html

Here's a link to real world pics of the Espresso/Cognac.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...gnac-pics.html

I know you said you didn't want to go Umber/Cream, but thought I'd share djenders recent pics of a Blue Turbo with the Umber/Cream- it's quite stunning.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ts-way-me.html

Best of luck- I'm sure which ever you decide will work out just fine!

Old 12-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Umber Tartufo is good if you like the browns.
Have you considered the grey interior. It goes well with the Blue exterior as well.

I have a Lapis blue exterior with the Havanna tan and Sand beige interior. I'll be going with the browns again when I update.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:24 PM
CaymenGTS will become famous soon enoughCaymenGTS will become famous soon enough
I personally have a Dark blue Panamera and I must tell you it is a GORGEOUS color. Very nice choice.

It all depends on what kind of look you are looking for. The cognac/brown will give you more of a classy look wherea the black/blue will give you more of a young/trendy and uniform look (matches the blue in the exterior).

Personally I will go with black/blue because I am young, like the car to stand out and just plain and simple love the color blue.

Afterall it is really your personal choice and you got to pick what you love because you will be looking at it everyday.

Cheers,

Old 12-29-2010, 08:53 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
espresso!. i was in a blue/expresso merc tonight and it was sexy

Old 12-29-2010, 09:23 PM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
I think espresso / cognac with dark blue makes for too much going on.. I would do black/blue, luxor beige or even black.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:01 AM
Cayenne is on a distinguished road
I have an older lapis blue cayenne with a beige interior. I think it looks kind of weird in certain lights but ive also received many compliments for the colour combo so its really a personal preference

Old 01-03-2011, 06:12 PM
markwofford is on a distinguished road
Wow, great responses. I really appreciate all the opinions/ suggestions!

As before, my last three cars have all been non-metallic black exterior with all black interior. I want something more colorful on the inside, but not too difficult for my kids and dogs (my kids are five and seven years old). Honestly, the blue exterior with black interior "looks" the best, but it's close to what I've had for a long while. The metallic blue would certainly be better than the flat black, but even with that, I'm still concerned that I'll end up with the same old boring black interior. However, I'm planning on the panoramic roof, so maybe that would lighten it up and change the atmosphere enough? Regardless, I have a pretty good idea what to expect with the blue/ black.

Right now, the color choices are what are holding me back on making the decision to go forward with a CTT.

So, now I'm between all black interior or the Espresso / Cognac with the Dark Blue Metallic Exterior. However, I'm uncertain if the Espresso / Cognac will be a good or totally bad contrast with the blue. My dealer showed me the metal panel in the Dark Blue Metallic paint sample against an Espresso leather piece. In that little "sample" and it doesn't seem to go that well, but it didn't have the Cognac to go with it and the Cognac would be the dominate color (I really like the Cognac Natural Leather Color). I really want a new car, but this color choice is giving me a real hard time in trying to pull the trigger.

As to the picture links provided...

The Umber / Cream looks beautiful, but too light a color for my kids. As an aside... the sports steering wheel (paddle shift) in those pics, it's hard to tell if the steering wheel is the same color as the dash and trim or if it's black. Is the Sport Wheel BLACK with ALL interiors or does it match the top dash color?

The Umber / Light Tartufo is probably the BEST choice two-tone color that most people would choose. However, I'm just not thrilled by it and I'm taking it off my choice.

The Espresso / Cognac looks REALLY nice to me. From those pics in the link (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...gnac-pics.html) I'm very impressed. I searched the net and also came across these additional pics of a Cayenne with Espresso / Cognac (http://chambers.porschedealer.com/ne...30120/info.php). However, the exterior for both cars appears to be black. With the black exterior the dark brown and dark tan go VERY well together (in my opinion).

My Main Questions From This Post:

How many of you think that the Dark Blue Metallic would look good with the Espresso / Cognac? As good as or better than it matches with the black exterior?

Or would it simply be too much color contrast?

I'm thinking it might be rich looking combo, but a little afraid to go ahead and order that just yet?

Otherwise, I guess I'll go with Dark Blue Metallic Exterior with Black Interior. Another option, would be go back to the Black Exterior and then do the Espresso / Cognac interior (since I feel that looks really nice). But, I'm tired of a flat (non-metallic) exterior as well.

My "Ideal or Perfect Choice" would be a Metallic Blue Exterior, Black Dash/ Wheel/ Trim with Cognac Seats/ Doors/ Carpet. This is a color combo you see on Ferrari's and I think it looks great. However, the dark brown (Espresso) instead of black and blue makes me wonder.

Thanks again,

Mark

Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
don't forget that you can add some colour etc with the trim, door and grab handles. my black interior has the light wood trim and carbon grabs and doors - really pops out the black interior