Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Another minor annoyance...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:50 PM
ccexxp1 is on a distinguished road
Another minor annoyance...

Maybe I'm just not used to it yet, or, maybe its a poor design, but why on earth did they put the door lock/unlock button on the dashboard centrally located? No one can ever find it, and, when any valet brings the car around, the driver's door is open, all others are locked, and it's especially difficult if you want to put things in the trunk. I know, in the world of car complaints, this and those hard to read daytime dials are nothing, and I have zero mechanical issues after nearly 3 months and 2,000 miles, so I shouldn't complain. The person I live with is sick of hearing me gripe, alerting me that if it bothers me so much, sell it, but, that's not a smart option-and I do like the car. I guess I wanted to share with others who may have enjoyed these minor annoyances. I'll even be fair enough to stop complaining entirely if the group in general thinks I'm nuts. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Had the same problem when I would get the car and pick up my wife. When car reaches a certain speed (9 mph I think) the doors would lock. I went into the vehicle settings and changed so doors do not automatically lock. Trade off of convenience versus safety.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 PM
kriegsjr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ccexxp1
Maybe I'm just not used to it yet, or, maybe its a poor design, but why on earth did they put the door lock/unlock button on the dashboard centrally located? No one can ever find it, and, when any valet brings the car around, the driver's door is open, all others are locked, and it's especially difficult if you want to put things in the trunk. I know, in the world of car complaints, this and those hard to read daytime dials are nothing, and I have zero mechanical issues after nearly 3 months and 2,000 miles, so I shouldn't complain. The person I live with is sick of hearing me gripe, alerting me that if it bothers me so much, sell it, but, that's not a smart option-and I do like the car. I guess I wanted to share with others who may have enjoyed these minor annoyances. I'll even be fair enough to stop complaining entirely if the group in general thinks I'm nuts. Thanks in advance.
That is annoying with Valet,but the suggestion to unlock all doors is the only option. Have you needed to add oil yet? I am on 1100 miles on my CS and it still tells me oil level is maxed out.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:39 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Do you have a second key?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:59 PM
ccexxp1 is on a distinguished road
i do have second key, but i keep it at home, so not really useful. as for the oil, i do think that the garage guy did fill it once around 1500miles. i hear they use oil though...