Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Offroad tires on 17 setup.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
265/65/18 BFG AT

Since nobody else seemed to actually try this on a Cayenne I figured I would dive in now that my winter tires needed replaced!

They are tight when turning, but clear at the normal height setting. Just graze the fender liner on the turbo at the low setting(turning, clear fine straight)

The contact on the low setting is literally just a super light dusting type contact. It would also be very early to just trim out the fender liner for an even bigger tire.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
First Turbo I have seen.

I have been through 2 sets of AT tires on 17's

Just ran 265/65/17's that broke the steel belts.

Running 245/65/17's now Hankook ATM's.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Man i really like how that looks

Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Cole That looks good

Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Thanks!

Just a few comments.

My AT Italia winter wheels stick out just slightly more than stock 18s so there would actually be more clearance with stock wheels.

After driving it around today and looking at it several times. I can say that it really does add a tough, bad ***, off road type look to the CTT. I really need to get a better picture than the one above.

Makes it feel like a proper SUV for the winter!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 AM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
I like the look, but don't think I could deal with the loss of traction on ice and snow and the lack of speed rating in summer. The off road traction would sure be better than what we normally run though.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by mtnrat
I like the look, but don't think I could deal with the loss of traction on ice and snow and the lack of speed rating in summer. The off road traction would sure be better than what we normally run though.
We don't get much "ice" around here. I've got the same tires on my Dodge 2500 and have driven it back to back with the Cayenne with snow tires. The BFG ATs are almost a better snow tire around here than a dedicated winter.

Which, these are my "winter" tires anyway. I have a summer set too!

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Cole, I could have used those BFG ATs today. Went to go snowshoe up a mtn by my house and as I parked, dropped the passenger side in the soft ditch that had been plowed flat by the grader. Tried rocking, nope. Just spinning the pass side tires. So I figured I would use the "system". Raised it up as high as possible, low range, locked diff and rocked it out. The system braked the spinning low traction wheels and let the power go to the ones on the snow packed road. Jumped right out. With more of a lug type tire I may not have needed to lock it. Not bad as I am used to the tank like effect of my fully locked landcruiser.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Cole, who did your alignment? Price? There was a guy who posted a pic of his setup a while back...it was 18" victor zehn wheels with nitto grapplers...I thought it looked great as well. Those tires look tough man.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Cole, who did your alignment? Price? There was a guy who posted a pic of his setup a while back...it was 18" victor zehn wheels with nitto grapplers...I thought it looked great as well. Those tires look tough man.
3Zero3 Motorsports n Wheatridge. 303-456-8383

No idea what I paid anymore.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Snapped a couple of comparison shots today sitting next to a steel spring S in a parking lot.

My CTT is in the first setting above the normal ride height. It will stay in this setting up to 50mph which is 95% of my around town driving so it jut ends up staying there.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
lol looks like a stomper!! No rubbing? NOw all we need is 3 ft of snow!

Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Zero rubbing.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
I only have the steel but no liability of losing an air compressor/shock/airbag.....

I see the tReg guys putting 2.5 inch solid steel spacers.....said that is the max they can do with the drive shaft angles etc...

I wonder if that is a way to put a meater tire on these.......i have had the 32.4 inch equilvalent size on steel springs with little rub except on hard turns.

I never feel a want or need for above 33/34's.......but 33's with room would make it a good roustabout rig.

Just checking in.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Wink

.....and the best part of running big tires!. Curbs? What curbs?

Oh....and I jumped a few parking blocks the other day to get around a car blocking a one way street

Attached Images   

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Offroad tires on 17 setup.