Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Turbo Owner...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 05:05 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
New Turbo Owner...

Hey guys. Just purchased my first Cayenne Turbo. Background, I have/had a 2010 X5M. It is being lemoned and buy back should happen next week. At first I was going to get another X5M, however, decided that there were too many issues with that line to get another. So, after about 24 hours of searching, found an in stock Turbo that had all but 2 options I wanted.

Purchased from Hennessy Porsche in North Atlanta and was delivered to me today. Got a decent deal, not the best, but livable and swapped the 21 inch Turbo II wheels to the SportDesign II wheels.

Sand White
Black Full leather
PTV
PDCC
LCA
ACC
Panorama Roof
Thermal glass
14 way seats
Anthracite Birch interior
Sport wheel with paddles
Premium Plus
Entry/Drive
Reverse Camera/Assist
LED lighting
Electric sunshades
4 zone climate
Porsche Crest Front headrests
12 Volt rear outlet
Seat Ventilation

So far, in 1 hour of ownership, I freaking love this thing. Getting used to the response of the tranny compared to my X5M, but everything else is superb. Much better ride/comfort. Thing has 0 body roll.

Now, for a couple mods. Want to get clear euro front reflectors. Will probably buy different summer wheels. SportDesign II will be winter setup.

J

Old 12-30-2010, 05:41 PM
dw9982 is on a distinguished road
congrats post some pic!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:43 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations Jason. I absolutely love the way your CTT is optioned. Can't wait to see some pics and hear your impressions on the driving dynamics. With PASM, AS, PDCC it is no surprise to us that there is zero bodyroll but is still good to know.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM
mondohoss is on a distinguished road
Congrats! I orded a White/Black combo that will be here in the end of March. Can you post pics?
also, why the wheel swap?

Old 12-30-2010, 06:52 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
We are in winter season here. I live about 2 miles up a series of switchbacks on a mountain top golf course. So, having tires which would be a little more reliable in this weather was immediately important. I will be switching out to something else in summer. Not sure what yet.

J

Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
So, after about 24 hours of searching, found an in stock Turbo that had all but 2 options I wanted.
Dang, that's pretty good. It took me 4 months for me to find the one that I wanted!

Old 12-31-2010, 07:17 AM
BTW, have to give a shout to Scott Hamilton at Hennessy. Very easy to work with. They transported the Turbo to me at their cost on private flatbed.

Forgot to mention that. Will be going back to get my 991 in 2 years.

I have no affiliation to them either.

J

Old 12-31-2010, 03:42 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Thanks Jason..

So curious to know your impression differences between the Turbo and the X5M. Drive the Turbo for a while and let us know. Good call on the wheel swap and the colour choices.

Joe