Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Star center caps

Old 12-31-2010, 04:52 PM
dth122 is on a distinguished road
Star center caps

I just picked up a set of OEM 18" turbo wheels for winter duty. Unfortunately, these use the star style center caps rather than the round ones on the stock GTS wheels.

I picked up a set of center caps online assuming that all star style caps were the same color/finish, but apparently I was wrong. What I got was more of a charcoal gray and the wheels are silver.

Does anyone have a part number for the silver ones or know how to differentiate between these two caps and the best place to purchase them reasonably? (dealer wants $250 for a set) I looked around online and no one seems to differentiate between gray and silver, so I'm worried I'll end up getting the wrong ones again.

Thanks.
- Dave

Old 01-01-2011, 04:57 PM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
try automotion.com... they sell multiple caps for the wheels...

or a sponsor on the board

Old 01-01-2011, 05:38 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 AM
dth122 is on a distinguished road
I think you've identified my problem correctly with these links...

I have the caps listed in the first link, noted as charcoal color. These fit but definitely do not match the wheels. Is this a standard Porsche part, or is the painting something someone did afterwards?

Your third link with the 18" Cayenne turbo wheel is the wheel I have, but I only need the center caps. Note that the wheel looks silver compared to the gray caps in the first link.

Your last link looks like exactly what I need, but I want to make sure I don't end up with more gray caps or caps that don't fit my wheels. The description notes they're for 20" wheels - not sure they'll fit my 18"s.

Note that there are two different part numbers on the Porsche website:

http://shop1.porsche.com/usa/car/cayenne/95504460012/
http://shop1.porsche.com/usa/car/cayenne/95504460011/

The picture is exactly the same, but descriptions say they fit different wheels. What's the difference?
- Dave