Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

SpeedArt Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:09 AM
RS1000 is on a distinguished road
SpeedArt Lowering Module

Hi, just order this module from eBay. http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...m=270682664859 Tried to google before I bought it but did not get back anything much. Have anyone experienced with this piece? How is the ride will be after lowered? It should arrived in next 10 days. Hopefully it's easy to install and do the job right.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Ya know, I don't think you can drive the vehicle in its 'lowest' setting. I don't have that module, but when I drop to the lowest, it won't let me...it auto raises. Probably due to wheel arch clearances.
Perhaps the module prevents this somehow ?

BTW: Your ebay link is dead.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Never Mind. These modules and such, DO allow you to drive it. Sorry !

Damn, why can't we edit/delete our own posts.

Originally Posted by RobsCountach
Ya know, I don't think you can drive the vehicle in its 'lowest' setting. I don't have that module, but when I drop to the lowest, it won't let me...it auto raises. Probably due to wheel arch clearances.
Perhaps the module prevents this somehow ?

BTW: Your ebay link is dead.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Old 01-05-2011, 06:24 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
This unit is also available from http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=228184. I have dealt with them. Very professional. More money but maybe they will match the price and you will be dealing with a sponsor here. Also somebody you can call for assistance.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:53 AM
The module has arrived and installed. Took me 1 hour to install. Quite hard to reach for the ECU but it's done. I set the height at lower level as before(not the loading) and seems like it's a bit lower. Didn't really measure the exact different from standard. From a short drive around the block, I could feel that the ride was a bit more bouncy. Setting the chasis to short can improve the ride. Will post more after 1 week driving and have learned to configure it properly.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Wow, that looks just great. More of a sports car than SUV. You've got the right wheel & lowered combo my friend...

Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
paulmc is on a distinguished road
That looks great, very sporty. Well worth doing.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Looks great. Can't wait for a full report after you have lived with it for awhile.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 AM
After 1 week and 500km, after removed and reinstalled it, here is my review.
With this module, setting at normal level the car sits like a low level in a standard (without the module). When I select the low level, it goes down to the loading level but now you can drive around (was not allowed to drive in loading level in standard car). However, the ride quality at this low level was unacceptable when drive faster than 50km/h, even I put on the sport damping mode. It still keeps dancing. The module is able to adjust more, but the lower it goes the worse it rides. And now you can not select the loading level anymore. The indicator keeps blinking but it won't go down.

So, is it good? Compare to before I had it, the car was set at low level and it (the height) was no more than 0.5" from the perfect setting (Height+comfort) now. Why bother having it, then? This unit just allow you to drive in the loading level sometime when you need to show off. It may worth for somebody. I admit I use this mode many times (since I already have) when ride in the crowded street. For me (at this price), I am not sure if I will buy it again.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 AM
loveivs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RS1000
After 1 week and 500km, after removed and reinstalled it, here is my review.
With this module, setting at normal level the car sits like a low level in a standard (without the module). When I select the low level, it goes down to the loading level but now you can drive around (was not allowed to drive in loading level in standard car). However, the ride quality at this low level was unacceptable when drive faster than 50km/h, even I put on the sport damping mode. It still keeps dancing. The module is able to adjust more, but the lower it goes the worse it rides. And now you can not select the loading level anymore. The indicator keeps blinking but it won't go down.

So, is it good? Compare to before I had it, the car was set at low level and it (the height) was no more than 0.5" from the perfect setting (Height+comfort) now. Why bother having it, then? This unit just allow you to drive in the loading level sometime when you need to show off. It may worth for somebody. I admit I use this mode many times (since I already have) when ride in the crowded street. For me (at this price), I am not sure if I will buy it again.
If that's true, I will leave the air suspension as it is. I don't want to dance on the bumpy roads.

if the lowering kit is merely a cosmetic product, what should we get for real game?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys, I was just notified of this post and wanted to chime in.

First, the Ebay link is broken. RS100, did you end up purchasing an actual speedART unit? I just want to make sure we are all speaking of the same product.

Second, the lowest setting is the load setting. Its designed to do just that, vehicle entry. Once you drive it, its supposed to raise back up, stock and with the module. This setting is essentially parking the car on the bump stops. There is a minimal amount of air in the system and it can actually damage the vehicle.