Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Comfort vs Normal Ride Setting ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:19 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Comfort vs Normal Ride Setting ?

Hello All;
Well, I just read that 20 page dissertation on lowering tricks, but now have a concern.
I find NO difference between Comfort and Normal; both seem a little harsh to me. My dash has no errors and in fact; it says 'where' the setting is while the vehicle goes up/down...and when done.
Now, I do drive in the lowest (non-mod allowable) setting. 2nd from lowest.
Is that why ?

Oh, I have navigation, but there's a Fire Extinguisher under there with the air valve. No CD/DVD... I've got different wires ???

Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
hi,

2004 cayenne does not have a DVD navigation therefore it is normal that you don't have a dvd reader under the passenger seat. You have the CD navigation if you have the PCM, and you need to insert the map CD to the slot on the PCM in order to use it.

About the ride stiffness, I also don't notice a big difference between the normal and comfort on the highway but if you actually drive on a bad road with pot holes on it, you can notice the difference between the modes if you concentrate on it. There is also a big chance that your car's shocks are old too.

One other note, the higher you set the car's level, the stiffer the ride will get.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Hi Canberk;
Thanks for the response. It does help !

However, did you mean the 'lower' I set my suspension the stiffer the ride?

We must follow the same path, I've had a Masi GT in the past as well. They are wonderful cars...better than the Ferrari's that build them - IMO.

Originally Posted by canberk
hi,

2004 cayenne does not have a DVD navigation therefore it is normal that you don't have a dvd reader under the passenger seat. You have the CD navigation if you have the PCM, and you need to insert the map CD to the slot on the PCM in order to use it.

About the ride stiffness, I also don't notice a big difference between the normal and comfort on the highway but if you actually drive on a bad road with pot holes on it, you can notice the difference between the modes if you concentrate on it. There is also a big chance that your car's shocks are old too.

One other note, the higher you set the car's level, the stiffer the ride will get.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
haha yeah, maserati is definitely worth the money vs ferrari.

with air suspensions, if you increase the height level, you will jump more, therefore the ride will be less comfortable. try driving over some speed bumps with different level settings, you'll see what i'm trying to say. The lower the car is, the more comfortable it is. However, if you use the lowering modules to drive in the lowest setting, i noticed that the ride gets less comfortable again. So, Porsche allowed lowest height with the comfort setting will give you the smoothest ride