Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: Is this effort to collect data on CP failures a good idea for Class Action purposes?
YES! - We need an organized petition to get things moving.
96.30%
NO! - Attorneeys do all the work, we just need to find a "guy".
3.70%
Ehhh - Just suck it up, pay th price of Porche "admission".
0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Cayenne Coolant Pipes Class Action Lawsuit Database - FILE YOUR COMPLAINT HERE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by roxboxxx

Are there any other sites I should post this on???
First of all, thank you for everything you've done to get us this far. As far as other sites go, maybe rennlist.com as well?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Canine64 is on a distinguished road
No failure yet, but signed up. Currently at 40,014 miles and getting nervous.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 AM
RobKramer is on a distinguished road
Porsche Cayenne Class Action Lawsuit

My questions is why do we need to buy an "update kit" with a durable aluminum coolant pipe. If we are buying a Porsche, the brand name and quality construction of the vehicle lends itself to not having to deal with this type of crap. The Porsche Class Action Lawsuit needs to make them pay for giving us plastic instead of the aluminum coolant pipe and then charging us for it.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Sakuji is on a distinguished road
05 V6 also affected

Hi!

I've been reading around regarding these bursting coolant pipes and also saw this class action against porsche. Before I sign up, i'd like to ask if the V6 version are also affected by this issue or just the V8 and Turbos...

Thanks a lot

Old 07-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Just the V8 motors used this type of coolant pipe... the V6 motor is not the same.

David

Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Sakuji is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Reborn996
Just the V8 motors used this type of coolant pipe... the V6 motor is not the same.

David
Thank you very much David for clearing that up.

More power...

Old 07-11-2011, 01:42 PM
HB Cayenne is on a distinguished road
cayenne replacement coolant pipes

Not if but when, not will it, when will it, not will there be damage, but how much damage, where will I be when it fails, the desert with my newborn? Plastic parts sandwiched in a hot motor used to transport boiling coolant are you serious?? Maybe start a new line of plastic fireplaces. These are just some of the thoughts that Cayenne owners across the US are facing with the plastic radiator cooling pipes Porsche installed on 2003-2006 Porsche Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo. I urge you to call Porsche North America (1800 PORSCHE) and voice your concerns that you have about their lack of accountability on a part they know is not safe and in time WILL FAIL.

I called my dealer the other day and asked why he didn’t replace the part when it was under warranty, he explained Porsche North America would only pay if it had failed, but as most of us have indicated it takes more then the 4 years the car is warranted to fail, the plastic needs a little time to warp and deteriorate, certainly enough time to get past the warranty period. It is like going to the doctor and the doctor finding a small tumor, he tells you he can’t do anything about it now, but when it spreads rush to the emergency room and have it removed and begin other treatments.

Don’t we prevent problems and not wait for them, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure right? Don’t we change our oil every 5,000 miles, replace the air filter, protect the paint with wax teflon technology used on space shuttles, follow the scheduled maintenance recommendations?

Porsche if you do not make the part anymore because of the high failure rate and it is not safe, then how do you not fix it for those who still rely on this part every day? Find a reason besides cost and Wall Street expectations that will justify not replacing it, can you?? I am business man I understand cost, profit, but I also understand Corporate Responsibility, how much longer can you keep your head buried in the sand, it is not going away. The Porsche reputation, the class action lawsuit, is it worth it? I urge your analysts to run the numbers there has to be a multiple of goodwill, intrinsic value instilled in Porsche that make the fix outweigh the monetary cost.

Keep in mind this is not a stereo **** or a glove box latch, this is the life blood of the vehicle and here we are waiting for the time bomb… What it all boils down too (pun intended) is doing the right thing.

tick tock, tick tock……

Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
RobKramer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HB Cayenne
Not if but when, not will it, when will it, not will there be damage, but how much damage, where will I be when it fails, the desert with my newborn? Plastic parts sandwiched in a hot motor used to transport boiling coolant are you serious?? Maybe start a new line of plastic fireplaces. These are just some of the thoughts that Cayenne owners across the US are facing with the plastic radiator cooling pipes Porsche installed on 2003-2006 Porsche Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo. I urge you to call Porsche North America (1800 PORSCHE) and voice your concerns that you have about their lack of accountability on a part they know is not safe and in time WILL FAIL.

I called my dealer the other day and asked why he didn’t replace the part when it was under warranty, he explained Porsche North America would only pay if it had failed, but as most of us have indicated it takes more then the 4 years the car is warranted to fail, the plastic needs a little time to warp and deteriorate, certainly enough time to get past the warranty period. It is like going to the doctor and the doctor finding a small tumor, he tells you he can’t do anything about it now, but when it spreads rush to the emergency room and have it removed and begin other treatments.

Don’t we prevent problems and not wait for them, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure right? Don’t we change our oil every 5,000 miles, replace the air filter, protect the paint with wax teflon technology used on space shuttles, follow the scheduled maintenance recommendations?

Porsche if you do not make the part anymore because of the high failure rate and it is not safe, then how do you not fix it for those who still rely on this part every day? Find a reason besides cost and Wall Street expectations that will justify not replacing it, can you?? I am business man I understand cost, profit, but I also understand Corporate Responsibility, how much longer can you keep your head buried in the sand, it is not going away. The Porsche reputation, the class action lawsuit, is it worth it? I urge your analysts to run the numbers there has to be a multiple of goodwill, intrinsic value instilled in Porsche that make the fix outweigh the monetary cost.

Keep in mind this is not a stereo **** or a glove box latch, this is the life blood of the vehicle and here we are waiting for the time bomb… What it all boils down too (pun intended) is doing the right thing.

tick tock, tick tock……
I agree with you completely, the plastic parts were probably going to warp eventually and in the name of cost cutting and profit taking Porsche probably put it in for that reason. I mean, this is a porsche. but I guess that maybe they didn't care.
Visit the link for more information about the class action lawsuit

Old 07-11-2011, 02:02 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
HB - well stated. Nice to see some fresh "heat" on the topic.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
dr.lou is on a distinguished road
Any news on V6 2008s?