Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: Is this effort to collect data on CP failures a good idea for Class Action purposes?
YES! - We need an organized petition to get things moving.
96.30%
NO! - Attorneeys do all the work, we just need to find a "guy".
3.70%
Ehhh - Just suck it up, pay th price of Porche "admission".
0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Cayenne Coolant Pipes Class Action Lawsuit Database - FILE YOUR COMPLAINT HERE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Cayenne Coolant Pipes Class Action Lawsuit Database - FILE YOUR COMPLAINT HERE!

UPDATE 1 (1/14/2011): LETS JUST CALL THIS FORM "BLESSED" FOR NOW. WE HAVE 8 ENTRIES. PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS FORM WHERE YOU SEE FIT.
IF WE REACH A DECENT NUMBER OF ENTRIES WE SHOULD START TO LOOK FOR A CAYENNE DRIVING LAWYER Current # of entries = 8

All - with all the chatter of coolant pipe failures in the air and the recent post about getting a class action LS going, I took it upon myself to create a secure online form to collect possible backers of a lawsuit.

The secure form is located here:
-----------------------
https://www.smartsheet.com/b/publish...652d1240be51ad

------------------------

Here is the thread that started me on this path: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-lawsuit.html

Most seam to be for it, but idle chatter will not get results. I am not an attorney, but the data collected can be provided directly to one if there is enough expressed interest. At this point its just an idea spawned by these boards. If everyone here is for it, then I am happy to administer the database and hand off the data to an attorney (I will not find one - you guys can). I recommend no one fills out the form until we have a little feedback as well as (maybe) a blessing from the 6speed admins

Please note: The form is SECURE and is being hosted by smartsheet (an company that I have been using for 1 year now). The email address: coolantpipes@gmail.com is also active and comes directly to me.

Lastly, I don't think any of us want a witch hunt or to injure Porsche's reputation. However, as many of us are gearheads and know "what's what" with our cars, this common thread of failure is just to blaring to ignore. So, please no "stick it to the man" comments

Best,

Rox

Last edited by roxboxxx; 01-14-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:28 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Bumped on request

Old 01-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
bump.. c'mon guys.. 2,180 views on the original thread..

Old 01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
We are up to 12 entries as of now.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
Any idea how you can capture the people that are replacing them prior to catastrophic failure; like me.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Silver TT is on a distinguished road
Subscribed and filled out the smartsheet form.

Think it is ridiculous that something so vital to the longevity of our $100k vehicles would not be fixed without a class action lawsuit but if that is how it needs to get done, it still needs to get done.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:15 PM
ddle is on a distinguished road
I have an 06 S model and noticing the small leak for awhile now. Took it out to a friend who own a mechanic shop. He couldn't find the leak at first, but put some die in the coolant. Drove it for a week and just had a chance to take it out to him this morning. He traced the leak with the ultra light and found the leak originates from the the back of the engine on the driver's side. Its only leak coolant when I park out side over night and the weather is cold. I'm in TX, so cold to me is around 35 degree F or below. When I parked in the garage, there's only a few drops on the floor. When outside, there's a line of coolant about 5 feet long on the drive way. So, my question is: Do I have the same hose problem that everyone is talking about in this thread? I had a chance to looked at it with a mirror and saw the drip around a screw that kinda look like a freeze plug. Please shed some lights.... The car is right around 60K miles.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:42 PM
30 names in the Database now - REALLY RAMPING UP !!! Keep spreading the word guys!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:46 AM
dmcintosh is on a distinguished road
Class action Suit already filed

Hey Guys,
This might save you some work. I've also posted this on Renn List also, but figuered you guys would be interested here too. My lawyer has filed class action suits in NY and NJ, and we are currently working to file in California. The more people that join in the better. here is my lawyers contact info, feel free to contact them and become part of the class.

Here are some details on the case my lawyer filed:

1. This class action is brought by Plaintiff seeking damages and equitable relief on his own behalf and on behalf of all others similarly situated who have purchased Porsche Cayenne vehicles ("Class Vehicles"), which includes all Cayenne models manufactured by Porsche.
2. Porsche manufactured all Cayenne models with plastic coolant tubes rather than aluminum coolant pipes as part of the vehicle’s cooling system.
3. Porsche installed the plastic coolant tubes knowing that the tubes will prematurely degrade and fracture. This failure causes coolant fluid to leak, often resulting in coolant seeping directly into the vehicle’s starter and seals causing possible engine damage and engine failure. When Cayenne owners present their vehicles for repair or replacement, they cannot purchase the same plastic coolant tubes installed by Porsche. Rather, Cayenne owners are forced to purchase an “update kit” from Porsche that essentially replaces the plastic coolant tubes with aluminum coolant pipes for all Cayenne models.
4. Porsche knows that consumers will be forced to purchase the costly aluminum coolant pipes and incur significant labor costs. Despite this knowledge, Porsche made a corporate decision to conceal this knowledge from consumers. Moreover, Porsche chose not to warn consumers of the potential dangers of a sudden coolant spill directly into the starter. Porsche contains to promote the Cayenne engine and its component parts as safe, reliable and free from material defects.
5. As a result of Porsche's practices, Plaintiff and Class members have suffered injury in fact and have lost money or property, including economic damages. Moreover, Porsche has committed consumer fraud and unjustly enriches itself under the laws of New York.

Here is my lawyers contact info if you would life further details on the case:

Jeanne M. Christensen, Esq.
Schlanger & Schlanger, LLP
Main Phone: 1-800-685-2580 | Email: jeanne@schlangerlegal.com
www.NewYorkConsumerProtection.com
Westchester Office:
1025 Westchester Ave., Ste. 108
White Plains, NY 10604
Fax: 914.946.2930 Manhattan Office:
100 Church St., 8th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Fax: 212.500.6114

Old 01-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Hey RoxBoxxx, any chance you can share your form with the attorney listed above? Might be easier than all of us signing up twice...

Old 01-22-2011, 01:13 PM
dougsuter has a spectacular aura aboutdougsuter has a spectacular aura aboutdougsuter has a spectacular aura about
Ohio class action lawsuit

My law firm filed a class action lawsuit in the US Dist Ct for the Southern District of Ohio Eastern Div on behalf of all Ohio owners of 2003-2006 v8 equipped Caynennes or who purchased their Cayennes new or used in the State of Ohio who are succeptible to the coolant line defect as well as the ignition coil defect.My coils fell within the recent sept 29 2010 extended warranty but I dont think Porsche had even notified the dealership so I paid out of pocket and sought reimbursement from Porsche North America. The official response is that Porsche did not include a time frame in the ignition coil extended warranty as to when it would actually reimburse owners who had to pay to have the coils replaced and said they would not give me any time frame as to when i could expect payment or even a written response. So, we sued Porsche for breach of express and implied warranties and for violations of Ohio's Consumer Sales Practices Act which can, by statue, result in treble damages.We chose not to seek nationwide class certification as Ohio recognizes certain remedies that other states do not provide. If any Ohio Cayenne owners want to be part of the class action just leave your contact info here. Doug

Old 01-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
why can there be any restrictions for class claims? i'm not a lawyer, have only been here (in the US) for 5 yrs so i'm not familiar with how state legislature differs from the others (or even - does my sentence even make sense?) - anyways, i was thinking that our vehicles were purchased here in the US - our taxes and other fees were paid here in the US - which qualifies everyone that had their coolant pipes replaced, or current owners with plastic pipes.. any idea if porsche north america is even aware of this "movement" here in the forums?

Old 01-22-2011, 05:02 PM
I will be contacting Dmcitosh attorney via email now. Will let everyone know if and when I transfer data to them or any other attorney.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Email is out !!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
LEGAL UPDATE !!!

I have spoke to Jeanne and the lawyer she is co-council with in Boston.
Here is the status:

(First of thank you dmcintosh for starting the legal end and dragging qualified lawyers to the table)

1. They are preparing their case in 3 states - New York, New Jersey and California (& possibly florida). They are doing so as this is where the largest concentration of Cayenne owners live. As Porsche will have to fight each case separately, it is the hopes of the attorneys that PCNA would settle first, make restitution to those who already paid and issue a recall for those who have not. If that happens, it is the attorney's believe that it would be nationwide and not just in the filed states.

2. As previously stated, when we reached a large enough number of form completions, I would share the data with the attorney's. As of this morning, we were at 30 entrants and access to the data was provided. This means that if you completed the form, you will most likely be contacted by Jeanne or here co-council(s).

3. It was made clear that the database will be a substantially helpful with case preparation so PLEASE - if you have not yet completed the form, please do so.

4. The attorneys have found references to the coolant pipes on the 08 and new possibly also being plastic. They are looking into this now and if it turns out to be the case, the form will be updated to include later years.

NOTE: AS OF TODAY, THERE IS NO NEED TO CONTACT JEANNE or HER CO-COUNCIL DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FORM. THEY WILL SELECT WHO THEY THINK WILL HELP THE CASE AND REACH OUT VIA THE EMAIL YOU ENTER IN THE FORM.

So in short - WE GOT TRACTION FOLKS!

For reference, here is the form again:
https://www.smartsheet.com/b/publish...652d1240be51ad

So far notice of this form has been posted on:

- 6speedonline
- renntech forums

I will also be posting this on l4p and reaching out to the NJ Porsche owners club (http://www.nnjr-pca.com)

Are there any other sites I should post this on???

THIS IS THE LAST UPDATE ON THIS POST - PLEASE USE THE ORIGINAL POST FOR MORE INFO - ADMIN PLEASE CLOSE THIS !!!!

ALL DATA NOW FOUND HERE:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-lawsuit.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coolant Pipes Class Action Lawsuit Database - FILE YOUR COMPLAINT HERE!