Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Final '11 C Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:08 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Final '11 C Build

Ok, so after spending a ton of time on the vehicle configurator, I realized that the Cayenne V6 is the way to go for me. It stays within my budget and allows me to get the suspension mods that I feel will let me enjoy driving this car. And, I think i'd always regret getting an auto . Here is it. Let me know what you guys think and if there's anything i'm missing or should consider. Thanks!

PU6 BOSEŽ Audio Package $2,160
Exterior Color R6 Sand White $0
Interior Color MD Standard Interior in Platinum Grey $0
Deletion of Model Designation $0
3FU Panorama Roof System $1,850
QJ4 Exterior Package in High-gloss Black $150
Extended Range Fuel Tank $0
1BK Air Suspension with Self-levelling and
Height Adjustment with PASM $3,980
1Y1 Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) $1,490
Wheels CP5 20" RS Spyder Design Wheel $3,510
Wheel Accessories 1NP Wheel Hub Cover with Colored Porsche Crest $185
HT0 Summer Performance Tires for 20" Wheels $0
Interior 4X4 Rear Side Airbags $0
7V3 Instruments Dials in White Exclusive $860
9JA Non-smoker Package $0
FZ1 Seat Belts in Guards Red Exclusive $650
PE6 18-way Adaptive Sports Seats with Memory Package $2,205
Interior Carbon 2FX Heated Three-spoke Multi-function Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber $615
Audio and Communications 7T1 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module and universal audio interface $3,645

A few questions, also:
1) Is servotronic really worth it? I like steering wheel feel and really dont like that 1-finger steering like on my S class.
2) Non-smoker package - anyone have pics of what changes?
3) I didn't get any of the lighting packages. I assume that there are still interior lights without it???? What interior lights come standard
4) Are the all-seasons good enough not to sacrifice much performance and also handle NY winters? Currently I have the summer tire option, and would plan to get seperate rims/snow tires.
5) Does the Pana roof add or subtract weight from the car? Is it significant? Still undecided on this....need to see it in person!!
6) Anything else i should know?

Thanks guys for all your help with this! Its much appreciated

Old 01-05-2011, 08:07 AM
ccexxp1 is on a distinguished road
Some answers...

I live in NYC, so, if you PM me you can check out the pano roof in person! It is a great option, I love it. As far as the Summer Tire thing, I think that is a mistake here from personal experience: I had a 2004 CS with Summer tires, got stuck in every snow circumstance, and they picked up nails really often here. Replaced that with an '08 CS and had 19" all season tires, NEVER had an issue. The '11 CS has all seasons, have not been around during the last storm, so I have no idea how it works in snow. On another note, I also wonder what the price difference would be with your configuration using an "S" WITHOUT the 18 way seats (will save $2200). If the difference is $5000-$8000, I would consider the CS if you are seeking performance/handling. I do think the v6 is sufficient, but with the performance options you are adding, I think the v8 would accommodate you better. Just my thoughts, enjoy whatever you choose.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by ccexxp1
I live in NYC, so, if you PM me you can check out the pano roof in person! It is a great option, I love it. As far as the Summer Tire thing, I think that is a mistake here from personal experience: I had a 2004 CS with Summer tires, got stuck in every snow circumstance, and they picked up nails really often here. Replaced that with an '08 CS and had 19" all season tires, NEVER had an issue. The '11 CS has all seasons, have not been around during the last storm, so I have no idea how it works in snow. On another note, I also wonder what the price difference would be with your configuration using an "S" WITHOUT the 18 way seats (will save $2200). If the difference is $5000-$8000, I would consider the CS if you are seeking performance/handling. I do think the v6 is sufficient, but with the performance options you are adding, I think the v8 would accommodate you better. Just my thoughts, enjoy whatever you choose.
Thanks man! I'll be in touch if i can't find a pano at the dealer. I would love a CS (minus the auto) but everyway i price it, i can't get it below 80k. The above car comes in at $69. I'd have to get a CS w/ no performance suspension options and i dont know if i'd like that or not.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
IMO: A dedicated winter/tire wheel will outperform all weather- tire and protect original wheels from all the crud that accumulates during bad weather driving.
I like pana roof for its “phototherapy” and have it on my build. It is lighter and less expensive than the pana roof og the previous gen Cayenne. If you like manual then V6 is your ticket but be aware that the V-6 is an updated version of the engine introduced at the 2007 midlife makeover of the first-generation Cayenne. It's a member of the Volkswagen Group's engine family and some reviews suggest that it is slightly underpowered and others say that the power and torque is fine but the refinement is a little lacking to be worthy of a Porsche badge. But everyone who has gotten one seem to like it in this and other Porsche forums and that tells you something coming from auto-enthusiasts.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:12 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
way to go with the manual transmission!

I left these comments on "the other site" but thought that I'd post them here as well so everyone can see and comment on them:

looks like a great build! love the colour combo. I think the v6 w/the manual transmission is going to have plenty of power - I hope so, I've got one on order ;-) Really cool to see more people going for the manual trans!

as for servotronic, on the panamera forum some people have complained that it makes the steering too light. these tend to be guys that also drives ferraris and lambos. haven't heard many people w/cayenne's complain about that. most of the articles I've read have praised the steering on the Cayenne w/servotronic.

lighting: because you're getting the memory package on the seats you pick up the outside courtesy lights. this means you get the same number of lights as in the light comfort package, with the exception of the dimmable ambient lighting in the door panles and an extra power socket in the backseat. otherwise you get the same number of lights, but the are LED with the lighting package. w/o the package they are still bright, but with the LED lights they are really extra bright.

pano roof: the weight gain is pretty minimal, I think I read somewhere it's around 70lbs. but it does eliminate a roof cross member, and some of the older Cayenne owners have complained about squeaks and rattles. if you get it be sure your insurance covers the glass on your vehicle if you live where there's lots of snow -- a buddy has a LandRover lr3 with the pano roof and it cracked due to the difference in temp from the snow on the roof and the warm air in the cabin. Pretty expensive to replace. looks very cool though!

congrats on your build, and let us know about timing and discount % once you place your order.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by DanK
looks like a great build! love the colour combo. I think the v6 w/the manual transmission is going to have plenty of power - I hope so, I've got one on order ;-) Really cool to see more people going for the manual trans!
Thanks!! I really dont see many ordering cars w/ the grey interior. Has anyone seen this in person? Sometimes grey look a little washed out but i find it to be sportier then beige. I really want Black/Titanium blue but can't find good pics anywhere so i think grey is safer...

Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
I've seen the grey in person twice, it looks very sharp. one was in a cayenne with the anthracite wood package, the other with the standard high gloss black. Surprisingly I think it looked better with the standard high gloss black - nice and crisp with just the right amount of contrast. I was tempted to order the grey but was worried about keeping it clean as I'm going to use this car for lots of ski and camping trips.

I LOVE the black and blue interior pics, especially with the brushed metal trim package. and i think it would really jazz up the white exterior. very cool looking. but I have not seen one in person. For me it did not make sense budgetwise - it would have meant sacrificing several other options like PASM and PTV. but if you've got the coin, go for it, I'll be totally jealous!

Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Nice build. +1 for the manual.

My suggestions. With the grey interior, white exterior, lose the red belts. This all comes down to personal taste obviously, but just too much contrast for me personally. I would add Alcantara headliner. I absolutely love mine. Had it in my 08 M5, didn't have it in my X5M, and am so happy to have it back in my '11 Turbo.

I think you will be very happy with the PDCC and PTV+. Great options. I have the Bose in mine, and while a nice audio system, wish I could have found one with Burmester. I needed one in a hurry, so was unable to be too picky and could not wait for a build. I would give up the belts, the BOSE package, and add Burmester with XM. Slightly more, but worth it.

Anyway you go, awesome vehicle and congrats.

J

Old 01-06-2011, 05:37 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I am with DanK as well. If you could go two tone with the grey (i.e. black carpet, dash, center console and roof liner) then I would like that combo. All that grey kind of washes out for me.

Another option would be Cognac/Espresso two tone. So beautiful.

J