Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

11 Cayenne Turbo Build

Old 01-05-2011, 10:55 AM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
11 Cayenne Turbo Build

I just submitted my order for a 2011 Cayenne Turbo. It’s a February build date, but God only knows when it will actually show up State Side!
Still wondering if I should add the Stainless Front and Rear, Wing Painted and Separation Painted?

Here’s the Configuration:
Umber Metallic
Two-Tone Leather Umber/Cream
Porsche Entry & Drive
Roof Transport System and Rails with Molding in Aluminum
Reversing Camera
PTV Plus
21’ Cayenne SportEdition Wheels
Rear Airbags
Fire Extinguisher
Non-smoker package
Adaptive Sport Seats
Walnut Interior Package
Compass Display on Instrument panel.

I’m looking forward to being a regular on this board.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:12 PM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
The photos Porsche uses showing the stainless skid plates are shot from very low angles, normally they are much less apparent. I would keep that in mind when making a final decision. Regarding the painted wing and separation, in my opinion that should be standard issue rather than charging what Porsche charges, but YMMV.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6speed. Congratulations. CTT is the super car of SUV’s. I like your build. Your thoughts on not going for the PDCC or Pana roof ? BTW, stainless steel skid plates will give the CTT an aggressive look but not sure how apparent it would be on road level. I say go for it.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
very elegant colour combo. did you look at the natural olive wood trim? its pretty stunnning in person with the matte finish. I work with high end woods professionally and was quite impressed with the olive wood.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Welcome to 6speed. Congratulations. CTT is the super car of SUV’s. I like your build. Your thoughts on not going for the PDCC, Bose or Pana roof ? BTW, stainless steel skid plates will give the CTT an aggressive look but not sure how apparent it would be on road level. I say go for it.
w00t, Bose is standard on CTT. Burmester is the only sound option. Now that I've lived with it for a month I say definitely worth it

Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Gamma I just changed my post as I realized it right after I clicked the send button.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by gammaman
The photos Porsche uses showing the stainless skid plates are shot from very low angles, normally they are much less apparent. I would keep that in mind when making a final decision. Regarding the painted wing and separation, in my opinion that should be standard issue rather than charging what Porsche charges, but YMMV.
Thanks Gammaman. I completely agree that everything should come painted standard. I am having cheap black plastic around the outside wheel wells paint the color of the car when it comes in. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed it comes out looking good!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Welcome to 6speed. Congratulations. CTT is the super car of SUV’s. I like your build. Your thoughts on not going for the PDCC or Pana roof ? BTW, stainless steel skid plates will give the CTT an aggressive look but not sure how apparent it would be on road level. I say go for it.
Thank you. I currently have an 05 Cayenne Turbo and a few other fun toys to play with. I do have to say, the Cayenne T is one hell-of-a fun vehicle!!!
I was thinking about the Pana Roof but after talking to the dealer he said after awhile they can sometime squeak. I didn’t want the risk. I have also heard(not confirmed) at high speeds you can hear more wind noise. I think I'll add the Stainless plates..why not! As for the PDCC, for some reason I didnt think it was worth it.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by DanK
very elegant colour combo. did you look at the natural olive wood trim? its pretty stunnning in person with the matte finish. I work with high end woods professionally and was quite impressed with the olive wood.
I haven't seen a picture of Natural Olive Wood, I’ll definitely look into it. My order isn’t locked in yet, so I still have time to change it.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by BlueLodge400
I haven't seen a picture of Natural Olive Wood, I’ll definitely look into it. My order isn’t locked in yet, so I still have time to change it.
I have the olive with espresso/cognac and love it. There are some pictures of it on this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-cognac-2.html (Taken by the dealer with his iphone, but the color rendition is better than anything I've taken so far.