Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New audio install question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 AM
mylai996 is on a distinguished road
New audio install question

Just replaced the cdr23 on my 08 cayenne v6 manual. My car has the basic audio and I can just swap out the head. However, on the iso connectors, there is only battery, remote turn on and ground. I guess it was using the can bus to turn the cdr23 on and off. So my questions is where can I find a source for ignition to tap into and connect to my new head? Right now, I have to manually turn the head on and off. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:06 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
take some pics......what are you installing in its place and did you lose some function in factory settings(steering wheel controls etc.).

Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
either dashboard fuse box has empty slots for fusing an ignition lead

Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
shep5709 is on a distinguished road
I want to replace my cdr23 base radio.

Did you need to add a new amp?
What head unit did you buy?
Do you have any pictures?

I am thinking of a kenwood double din unit with nav.

Thanks for any help or pointers. Lots of searching and ambiguous results.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Assuming you have the base(non-bose) audio, you can just take out the radio and replace it. You will need to find a head with built-in amp to power the speakers or you will need to connect the speaker leads to an external amp. I will be replacing the blaupunkt unit soon with an alpine unit to try the imprint processor and also add the compact alpine amp. Have not put those in yet. Still trying to figure out where to get an accessory(ignition) lead wired to the connector. Hope this helps.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by mylai996
Assuming you have the base(non-bose) audio, you can just take out the radio and replace it. You will need to find a head with built-in amp to power the speakers or you will need to connect the speaker leads to an external amp. I will be replacing the blaupunkt unit soon with an alpine unit to try the imprint processor and also add the compact alpine amp. Have not put those in yet. Still trying to figure out where to get an accessory(ignition) lead wired to the connector. Hope this helps.
So would we lose steering wheel functionality? Because i have the Base CDR23 and have been sitting on a brand new Alpine CD player thinking I would lose fuctionality.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:45 PM
There may be other interfaces that will work better but I have researched a bit into SWI-Jack and SWI-Can by PAC and you might be able to get volume and track with those 2.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:07 PM
did some research.....denison now has a light version for $297.

specifically for CDR23 and the new CDR24........

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=50
  • Gateway Lite is a new, simple to use interface that will be the standard entry level product for both iPod and USB integration in cars which cannot support text.

No menu structure to remember or complex operations to perform, just plug in the iPod or USB and select CD6. Music is now played through the car audio system.

Gateway Lite can accommodate iPod (with a dock cable or cradle) or USB, but to keep selection easy, there is no facility to switch between them. Whichever device was plugged in last is the one that will play.

Control of the iPod is from the click wheel and all functions will operate as normal, however the skip buttons on your radio (or steering wheel) can be used to move forward and backwards through your tracks. The device will also charge while it is plugged in to the Gateway Lite. If your USB device has a folder structure, or playlists, these can be accessed by selecting the corresponding CD number on your changer controls, up to the number of CDs your changer control is capable of handling, i.e. CD1 will play folder 1, CD2 will play folder 2 etc.

Product Features
  • Full iPod Control and charging
  • Connect and control a USB storage device
  • Control USB folders using CDC controls