Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Painted Trim on Porsche Canadian Site!?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
Painted Trim on Porsche Canadian Site!?

someone posted this link over on RL.

http://www.porsche.com/canada/en/mod...cayenne-turbo/

click the 360 degere view and there it is! An all white cayenne with no black trim?!!!?

anyon hear of this coming soon? maybe they will do like the rear airbags and it will just show up on my tt in feb?

Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
djenders has a spectacular aura aboutdjenders has a spectacular aura about
Here is the pic. Very nice.

Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice find ok-comput. I really like it.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:58 AM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
I think I know what province this was taken in as well, looks nice, wish this crap snow would go away...

Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Critical is on a distinguished road
Hi all, I am new to the forum. While doing research for a possible Cayenne purchase and configuring a car on the german Porsche website I came across information that I think meant that this was possible to order from production july 2011. German language skills not the best though....

Looks like this one in silver and without roof rails could be the one thats makes me put in an order

Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 PM
the image with all painted trim is on the US website as well. Way to go Porsche to stick it to us early buyers and enthusiasts.. as usual

Old 01-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
It was me who posted that picture initially on Rennlist. I was so PO'd when I saw that particular build on the Porsche Canada site becasue I would have loved to order my CTT in another colour but Basalt Black - but chose to do so given I couldn't get my head around the black trim on the bottom of a non black car. Same thing with my 997.2 TT which I got in April - but I ended up odering that car with the lip, rockers and underside rear painted - can't remeber now what it cost but was not insignificant. I waited an extra 60 days for the car because the factory wouldn't accept the 'painted spoiler lip painted' option! - and I think that was $ 700.0 C.

I wish that Porsche would reconsider this strategy. At this price point, give us the entire car painted please - if we want it of course...

Old 01-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Overdraft
It was me who posted that picture initially on Rennlist. I was so PO'd when I saw that particular build on the Porsche Canada site becasue I would have loved to order my CTT in another colour but Basalt Black - but chose to do so given I couldn't get my head around the black trim on the bottom of a non black car. Same thing with my 997.2 TT which I got in April - but I ended up odering that car with the lip, rockers and underside rear painted - can't remeber now what it cost but was not insignificant. I waited an extra 60 days for the car because the factory wouldn't accept the 'painted spoiler lip painted' option! - and I think that was $ 700.0 C.

I wish that Porsche would reconsider this strategy. At this price point, give us the entire car painted please - if we want it of course...
i am in the same boat.. i would have probably gotten sand white but had to go with metallic black (which i had on my last cayenne) again because of the plastic trim.. i got basalt black the first time around for the same reason because the 04's had black plastic all around.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Frim the german configurator it looks like you now can/must specify separately what parts to get painted, like the front air intakes and the "inside" of the rear roof spoiler.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Critical
Frim the german configurator it looks like you now can/must specify separately what parts to get painted, like the front air intakes and the "inside" of the rear roof spoiler.
I think those options were already there.. paint air intakes, bottom of mirror, and part of rear spoiler

Old 01-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Correct but not the rest of the black, trying to figure out if there is some kind of package now to include all frin july build.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
AppleChilli will become famous soon enough
Guess I'm the only one who likes the trim on the Cayenne?!

Old 02-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Any indications for 2012?

Any other minor changes or improvements expected for 2012 model year?

When do Porsche change model year? Looking at ordering in April but could wait to be sure to get production date late enough for a 2012.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:41 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
My CS is in the paintshop this weekend, PRDPNT on my udpate today with a completion date of Tuesday. Will I get the ALL sand white as in the configuator or the black trim? Thoughts from the vets? Thanks.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Carbon6Nik is on a distinguished road
Seen on another forum (not my vehicle- do not work for them)
http://www.PMCOLLISIONCENTER.com/

Nik

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted Trim on Porsche Canadian Site!?