Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Blacked out & Installed the NEW porsche logo on the tailgate of 05 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Blacked out & Installed the NEW porsche logo on the tailgate of 05 Cayenne

Christmas came and santa (my oldest son) bought me the chrome rear logo that comes on the new cayennes (PN: 970 559 235 01). His instructions to me were " black it out before you put it on". He was right, looks far better then chrome. I was reluctant to do it, but now I am happy I did.

The letters come on a strip and the only way you can apply them is to place 1 strip of tape across the tops of each letter. Overall, painting, lining up each letter and finding the centerpoint of the tailgate panel was a *****. Now I know why I waited this long.

Enjoy the pics:

Old 01-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Looks very nice. Clean job!

Old 01-09-2011, 06:33 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Nice clean look...........been thinking of just doing the S on mine...but in red

Old 01-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Well done!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:02 PM
theprezzz77 is on a distinguished road
Looks great!!! I did the same mod on the same colour in November, but I left them chrome. I left the spacing the same as they come on the 2011 Cayenne as well.
Apologize in advance for the picture quality! Love this mod though!

Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by theprezzz77
Looks great!!! I did the same mod on the same colour in November, but I left them chrome. I left the spacing the same as they come on the 2011 Cayenne as well.
Apologize in advance for the picture quality! Love this mod though!
Nice one mate! Would have left it in chrome but everything not grey is going black.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
nice!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I likee

Old 01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
cool

Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I bet it was a pain to center and line up the letters, nice job- looks great!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by slw23
I bet it was a pain to center and line up the letters, nice job- looks great!

Lets just say that the 4 letter words I used are still lingering in the air over New Jersey.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:32 PM
motucayman is on a distinguished road
love the look, how did you black out the letters? what paint did you use and procedure etc?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:08 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Thats pretty sweet man!! Im thinking another option would be to hit em with a coat or two of niteshades by VHT to get the black chrome look instead of completely blacking them out.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by motucayman
love the look, how did you black out the letters? what paint did you use and procedure etc?
> Lightly sanded each letter with 1000 grit sandpaper.
> Wipe down with alcohol (where surgical gloves so no body oils get on the surface).
> Light coat of adhesion promoter (avail from any auto or depot).
> 2 coats of flat black paint.
> 2 coats of krylon matte clear coat (available at Michael's arts and crafts - in he paint isle).

So far, no chips, no fading, still look like the day I stuck them on.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Ylincooper is on a distinguished road
sick!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blacked out & Installed the NEW porsche logo on the tailgate of 05 Cayenne