Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Placing my order tomorrow...Real Final Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Placing my order tomorrow...Real Final Build

Finally got an allocation for a 6speed V6 Cayenne, April build . Here is what i've decided on:

Packages
BOSEŽ Audio Package PU6
Premium Package PU2

Exterior Color
Sand White R6

Interior Color
Standard Interior in Platinum Grey MD

Exterior
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black QJ4
Moonroof 3FE
ParkAssist Front and Rear 7X2

Performance
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) 1Y1
Porsche Active Suspension Managmement (PASM) 1BZ
Extended Range Fuel Tank 0M1
Servotronic 1N3

Wheels
20" RS Spyder Design Wheel CP5

Interior
14-way Power Seats with Memory Package PE5
Rear Side Airbags 4X4
Heated Front Seats 4A3
Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Leather Steering Wheel 2ZH

The only thing i really can't decide on is the sport seats. If i got them, i'd eliminate the premium package, and just get the convenience package along with park assist. Anyone have seat time in the 18-ways? I love the look of the 18's but I'm thinking that i'll be more comfy in the 14's and they still look sporty. What do you guys think?

anything else? And do tell me to get a V8. I want a 6sp manual

Thanks again for everyone's help!!

Last edited by GBXSport; 01-13-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
looks like a great build. very similar to mine... which is on the production line right now, due to be completed a week from today. really great to see another 6 speed manual going into production! congrats!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by DanK
looks like a great build. very similar to mine... which is on the production line right now, due to be completed a week from today. really great to see another 6 speed manual going into production! congrats!
hell yeah! Same to you! You do anything different?

I had the chance to test drive one the other day. Not sure if you got to drive one, but you're gunna love it!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:22 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
The 18s look better IMO but the snug fit due to sculpted side bolsters is not for everyone. I like your build other than the color choice of the interior which is very personal. Why no pana roof ? Did you try the V8 or just did not want to go any higher than the base model ?

Old 01-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by GBXSport
hell yeah! Same to you! You do anything different?

I had the chance to test drive one the other day. Not sure if you got to drive one, but you're gunna love it!
oh wow, can't believe you found a stick shift cayenne to test drive! I'd really be interested to hear your driving impressions. I only test drove a tiptronic and took a leap of faith. I've always driven a manual transmission car and honestly that's how I ended up looking at the cayenne in the first place - it's one of the few SUVs still offered with a stick shift that has the towing capacity I need.

like I said my build is pretty similar:

silver ext/black int
premium package
PASM
PTV
tow hitch

I almost went for the same white/grey colour scheme as you, but decided the silver/black would be easier to keep clean. if I had the budget for the full leather interior I would have gone for the black/blue two tone. instead I felt like the PASM and PTV performance options were more important.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
The 18s look better IMO but the snug fit due to sculpted side bolsters is not for everyone. I like your build other than the color choice of the interior which is very personal. Why no pana roof ? Did you try the V8 or just did not want to go any higher than the base model ?
I haven't driven a V8. I didn't want to go any higher and i didn't want to confuse myself anymore then i already have I feel that the pano roof is more for the passengers then for the driver and I rarely have passengers in the car, especially back seat passengers. Plus, i actually dont love the look of it on lighter color cars...looks out of place.

oh wow, can't believe you found a stick shift cayenne to test drive! I'd really be interested to hear your driving impressions. I only test drove a tiptronic and took a leap of faith. I've always driven a manual transmission car and honestly that's how I ended up looking at the cayenne in the first place - it's one of the few SUVs still offered with a stick shift that has the towing capacity I need.

like I said my build is pretty similar:

silver ext/black int
premium package
PASM
PTV
tow hitch

I almost went for the same white/grey colour scheme as you, but decided the silver/black would be easier to keep clean. if I had the budget for the full leather interior I would have gone for the black/blue two tone. instead I felt like the PASM and PTV performance options were more important.
It was a customer cancelation. I couldn't believe i found one either!

Great looking build! Changing my exterior to Silver, by the way. Just saw both and like the silver better!!

The 6sp really drove great! Shifter had the same feel as my dad's 997 C4S, and the car really pulled to redline. It felt as fast as my current 335xi coupe. Handling was, as the other models, awesome for an SUV! If you have any specifics, let me know. I've never been great at writing these reviews

Last edited by GBXSport; 01-14-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Cayenne6speed is on a distinguished road
Ordered a 6 Speed manual, like you said it is the only decent SUV with manual option. Test drive the tiptronic at Manhattan Motor car and made up my mind to get the manual. Been driving manual since 16 for 30 something years.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Cayenne6speed
Ordered a 6 Speed manual, like you said it is the only decent SUV with manual option. Test drive the tiptronic at Manhattan Motor car and made up my mind to get the manual. Been driving manual since 16 for 30 something years.
i test drove the 6sp manual at manhattan motorcars. They have one now if you wannt take it for a spin!!

Old 01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Cayenne6speed is on a distinguished road
Hi GBXSport, what color was it? Ordered with Curtis about month ago will get a February build.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
glad to hear that the new 6 speed shifts smoothly and is a blast to drive. sounds like a nice improvement over the feel of stick shift in the previous generation. rep points for you my friend!

Old 01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Cayenne6speed
Hi GBXSport, what color was it? Ordered with Curtis about month ago will get a February build.
Its black/luxor beige. You've got PM

glad to hear that the new 6 speed shifts smoothly and is a blast to drive. sounds like a nice improvement over the feel of stick shift in the previous generation. rep points for you my friend!
It's a little notchy but its the same notchiness that 911's have. Thanks bro!