Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Test drove 957 Cayenne Turbo. Disappointed by the acceleration :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Test drove 957 Cayenne Turbo. Disappointed by the acceleration :(

Just test drove a 2008 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC. I was expecting better acceleration off the line from a 500hp SUV. Seems slow off the line with PSM off and sport mode. Pulls good one turbos start spooling at 2500rpm, but still expected more from the base 4.8 L V8.

Am I expecting too much from a 2.5 ton machine? Surely, a tire chirp shouldnt be out of the question.

Do I have to do the 2nd cat bypass and evomsit to get the aggressiveness that I expected.

I am a little concerned and this might derail my purchase plans.

Any input is appreciated from current owners.

UPDATE: 2008 Cayenne Turbo just delivered to my door

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 05-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:43 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Am I expecting too much from a 3.5 ton machine? Surely, a tire chirp shouldnt be out of the question.
I'm sure someone will chime in here and say they can get a chirp at any speed in any gear, but IMO, the answer to your question is yes. If you're looking for that much acceleration, then stop looking at SUV's. It's a glorified truck for pete's sake.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:44 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
get the 700 hp evo kit that should stop your complaints.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:44 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Just test drove a 2008 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC. I was expecting better acceleration off the line from a 500hp SUV. Seems slow off the line with PSM off and sport mode. Pulls good one turbos start spooling at 2500rpm, but still expected more from the base 4.8 L V8.

Am I expecting too much from a 3.5 ton machine? Surely, a tire chirp shouldnt be out of the question.

Do I have to do the 2nd cat bypass and evomsit to get the aggressiveness that I expected.

Yeah. It was slightly more subdued than I was expecting on my first ride (confirmed when I jumped in the driver's seat).

It is a fine compromise. I mean, if trekking the family around must be done, why not make it more fun?

(Not an owner, but I've experienced the exact feeling as you did when I 'test' drove it)

Old 01-15-2011, 06:04 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bonehead
I'm sure someone will chime in here and say they can get a chirp at any speed in any gear, but IMO, the answer to your question is yes. If you're looking for that much acceleration, then stop looking at SUV's. It's a glorified truck for pete's sake.

There you go..........just think of it as a GT-SUV car... cheers!!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:02 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
What other SUVs are you comparing the Cayenne to in terms of acceleration?

Old 01-15-2011, 07:12 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Here you go...if you want a quick off the line suv(srt)....and the tt-s

Enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVZsV...126B6&index=79

Old 01-15-2011, 08:35 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Intakes, Exhaust, upgraded bypass valves and a good ECU tune will make it feel more snappy. I have driven in both - with and without and you can definitely feel the difference. NOTE - I said exhaust and not bypass pipes. BP pipes have killed performance on some TT's and there has been a few raging debates about it.

and FYI - I do not have a TT so I only speak from what I have read and a few rides in other TT's.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I don't know, sub 5 second 0-60 is still fast to me.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
ozr
ozr is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Am I expecting too much from a 3.5 ton machine?...
...everything is relative...

Stock CayTT is fast, relative to many V8 sport sedans, Carreras and BMW M3s. Car, you've driven may have a software/hardware issue, which prevents it from executing very close to 0-60 Porsche AG numbers...Also you need the car to warmup properly... Stock CayTT becomes a monster at speeds starting 100 mi/h.

Test drive another CayTT...

OZRacing

Last edited by ozr; 01-15-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
All great suggestions here guys.

Actually, I think there may have been something wrong with the Cayenne TT that I test drove (only 13K on the odo). The tranny kept shifting itself into manual mode when just cruising down a couple of streets. All of a sudden, it would hold rpm's as if I still had it in Sport mode. Did it a few times and the salesman said he would have the service department check that out.

So maybe the one I drove was a dud, besides the fact that I couldn't hold 2,000RPM and launch on a test drive without feeling like I was abusing the car.

Also suspicious that the truck may have been starting in second gear. I had it in Sport mode with the PSM off, so I was told that it should start in 1st gear for acceleration. If it was acting weird, it is possible that it was still starting in second.

Either way, I think I am still probably going to follow-through on getting a good 2008 Cayenne TT and just slapping on a EVO 600HP kit, RSS plenum, maybe upgraded exhaust and bypass valves and calling it a day.

After reviewing a few videos of the TT Cayenne online after getting home, there is no way I was getting that sort of acceleration.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by ozr
Car, you've driven may have a software/hardware issue, which prevents it from executing very close to 0-60 Porsche AG numbers...Also you need the car to warmup properly
I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Well done!

Old 01-16-2011, 02:13 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Intakes, Exhaust, upgraded bypass valves and a good ECU tune will make it feel more snappy. I have driven in both - with and without and you can definitely feel the difference. NOTE - I said exhaust and not bypass pipes. BP pipes have killed performance on some TT's and there has been a few raging debates about it.

and FYI - I do not have a TT so I only speak from what I have read and a few rides in other TT's.
First I have heard of bypass pipes killing power. Link?

Old 01-16-2011, 02:15 PM
E90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to all
I drove one yesterday as well and was also disappointed.

I was pretty impressed with the X5/X6 xDrive 5.0i but if you really want to be impressed try the X5M/X6M. Insane.

Am I expecting too much from a 2.5 ton machine? Surely, a tire chirp shouldnt be out of the question.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:21 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
I wonder how many people that test drive a CTT realize that it starts off in 2nd by default. You have to purposefully change the settings/gear selection to make it start off in 1st.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test drove 957 Cayenne Turbo. Disappointed by the acceleration :(