Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Built Track Friendly, Wife Luxo DD. How's and Why's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Built Track Friendly, Wife Luxo DD. How's and Why's.

We’re seniors and spend almost all our time together. She avoids my EVO IXMR and won't drive her own ride if someone else will do it. Thursday, I ordered more car than I ever considered I would have.

Cayenne S, as the Turbo would frighten her and the S really offers plenty of power for me.

Sand White:
To save some $ and because we live in the very sunny south.

Beige Luxor with Natural Olive:
From the moment I first saw the pre-release Panamera at the Concours D’Elegance Amelia Island, long before the car mags got their hands on her, visions of her beige and olive cabin have danced in my head. Stumbling across yet another while testing a 2010 Cayenne V6, I couldn’t have guessed that Porsche would pony it up in 2011. How could I pass? And just to prove my obsessive grit, I checked the Bentley Musalane build site for a comparo. Their standard on the 300k car- you guessed it- High Gloss Black. And their olive upgrade comes in at close to 5k making the Cayenne a relative value. I knew I could have gone for full leather at 4k but then I would be forced to check at least the Walnut trim box, yielding yet another $1300.

Bose Audio Package:
Only a modicum of value but the whole package kinda makes sense. Besides, at least one car mag commented quite negatively on standard radio while another extolled the Bose.

Premium Package Plus.
Because I can give myself a big, juicy fat rationalization that the over $5500 in package savings cover PASM and AS. We are simply paying going rate for all the wife luxo features on the package, right?

Porsche Dynamic Chasis Control and Porshe Torque Vectoring:
Because this is whole point of the excercise anyway. Taking all the suspension upgrades together, it is hard to imagine that electronic damping control, air suspension, active roll stabilization and torque vectoring can do anything but make for a better ride at the track and, in relaxed settings, for a great ride on the roadways.

Some questions. In the Road and Track SUV of the year the “S” with premium plus (meaning PASM and AS) pulled .91g. The Turbo, with PDCC and PTV pulled.95g. Would a lighter, better balanced “S” (f/r 52/48 vs Turbo 54/46) make equal or even better numbers. Regardless, they are all in the stratosphere.

Sports Seats:
Because they offer bona fide snob appeal for only ~ $500, if you are fortunate enough to have check a premium box. Probably no more than 15% of Cayennes will have these cool looking and functional seats- a good thing to have at resale. Besides, being a bit old and fat, the bolster settings may be needed.

19” Cayenne Turbo Wheels with Summer Performance Tires:
Because given all the upgrades this combo retained the integrity of a “Turbo like” build. Was also keeping the Mrs’s cream ride in mind.

Pana Roof:
What a wuss am I? But as one reviewer said “it is to die for”. Like being in an atrium. A final rationalization- PDCC will save me from my own body roll.

Multi-function steering wheel:
Because even boy racers must age gracefully.

Voice Control for Nav and no smoker package because I really do love my wife.

Thanks to all who helped. April delivery. Six percent off MSRP - the dealer obviously enjoyed the build!

Old 01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations. You did very very well on all fronts: The options, rationalization and most importantly the discount. Did you go with the 14-way or 18-way seats ? Did you consider the sport steering wheel with proper paddle shifters which may be more desirable for the track ? Roof rails if important to you should be added now as it cannot be at a later date.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:46 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
thanks wootporsche.

Every dealer vehicle I saw had 8 way seats and i may have erroneously thought i needed 18 way to get the differently styled seats and did so.

I decided on daily functionality over track paddle shifters. especially as a safety feature for the wife to have phone access, cruise, etc. on the wheel.

We hope to keep this vehicle 10 plus years and would never use the roof rails so did not go ahead with this.

Congrats on your build!