Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Clarification on Entry Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Question Clarification on Entry Drive

I did not check the ED box but my wife has arthritis- with memory on the 18 way seats, will the seat "move" away from her and the steering wheel, kind of lift up? If ED is just about the key we can live without. So am confused.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
This is from the Cayenne order guide.
Porsche Entry & Drive
Vehicle operation without active key utilization via car transmitter with a system consisting of interior and exterior antennas, proximity sensors, lock buttons in the door handles, chrome-look inserts in the handles and dual locking button for automatic tailgate.

Not sure what you mean by "will the seat "move" away from her". Where the seat goes, she goes. As far as the seat moving back and the steering wheel moving forward & up to make egress & ingress easier, that is a function of the memory seats , not the Entry & Drive. I'm told there is a glitch in this system and mine has it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dos not. Plan to talk to dealer about it next time I'm in the area. I recall reading there is a software upgrade to cure this.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:09 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Not true to above post. The seats do adjust when car is turned off to allow easy exit and then move back to their normal position when the ignition turned on. So, answer to your question is yes.

You may want to look at the 14 way seats as an alternative, given the lower side bolsters and easy entry/exit, while not much, is there. I am 32, reasonably fit, and like the 14 just as much as the 18 and are easier to get in and out.

J

Old 01-17-2011, 12:36 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
Not true to above post. The seats do adjust when car is turned off to allow easy exit and then move back to their normal position when the ignition turned on. So, answer to your question is yes.

You may want to look at the 14 way seats as an alternative, given the lower side bolsters and easy entry/exit, while not much, is there. I am 32, reasonably fit, and like the 14 just as much as the 18 and are easier to get in and out.

J
I respectfully disagree with you. The movement of seats and steering wheel is NOT associated with the option Porsche Entry & Drive which is what the original question was.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I know only this. I test drove one without ED and there was no seat movement. However, it may have been a setting that was disabled and there without my knowledge. My 2011 Turbo has entry and drive, and there is easy seat egress and entry. So, I probably am wrong, but only based upon what I saw.

J