Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

March Build Delayed by Porsche: Is this SOP??

Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
March Build Delayed by Porsche: Is this SOP??

Early a.m. I put in for upgrade to 20" RS Spyder. An hour later CA tells me I am pushed to April build. He claims you get pushed back to end of line each time you make a change. Is this correct? My Cayenne S build is now:

PDCC and PTV
20" RS Spyder
Premium Plus w/PASM and A/S
Sport Seats
Bose
Panaramic
Voice Nav
Sand White/Beige/Olive

This site, meaning you guys, have really helped build this thing so many thanks. It was good to read old threads- much learning. Especially liked real world pictures. Like wootPorsche, I found the Spyders too compelling to pass on. The aspect ratio on the 20's (confirmed by the pics) seem to be perfect blend of sport and luxury. Smaller tires really seemed trucky to me.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:05 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ronl
Early a.m. I put in for upgrade to 20" RS Spyder. An hour later CA tells me I am pushed to April build. He claims you get pushed back to end of line each time you make a change. Is this correct? My Cayenne S build is now:

PDCC and PTV
20" RS Spyder
Sport Seats
Bose
Panaramic
Voice Nav
Sand White/Beige/Olive

This site, meaning you guys, have really helped build this thing so many thanks. It was good to read old threads- much learning. Especially liked real world pictures. Like wootPorsche, I found the Spyders too compelling to pass on. The aspect ratio on the 20's (confirmed by the pics) seem to be perfect blend of sport and luxury. Smaller tires really seemed trucky to me.

IMHO...21's looks much better... thats just me..

Old 01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ronl

PDCC and PTV
20" RS Spyder
Sport Seats
Bose
Panaramic
Voice Nav
Sand White/Beige/Olive

Like anything, theres a line and process so I could see it from the dealers angle and there is not too much room for error when shipping something way overseas and risk adding or missing something because someone didnt intial or add the hand written note for 20 spyder wheels......and german english miscommunications if they allowed fly by the seat of their pants.

I think 20's are fine.......its all up to purchaser. tires wear faster, radial belts can break in the tire, and rims get dented just on roads alone.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I think 20s are okay. I have the SportDesignII wheels and kinda wished I had not had them swapped from the Turbo II wheels my car originally had. However, where I live, a 20 inch all season is at minimum what I must have for driving in winter.

So, I am either picking up a set of 21 inch P40/P40l's in charcoal powdercoat or 21 inch MB1 charcoal wheels. Just haven't decided which for April through November motoring.

Good luck... Hopefully they delay won't be a full month.

J