Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Aftermarket Exhaust..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:00 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Aftermarket Exhaust..

First I would like to say, I am new to this forum and have learned tons by all that have posted... Second, I have picked up an 04 CTT. When i bought it, it came with an Sebring Tuning exhaust on it. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this exhaust.. I went to there site and dont even see it listed. thus bringing me to my last issue. I hear everyone say that the secondary Cat delete is a great upgrade. I am just worried that it will get too loud. If anyone has any imput on this, I would appreciate it.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:04 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by simpleman325i
First I would like to say, I am new to this forum and have learned tons by all that have posted... Second, I have picked up an 04 CTT. When i bought it, it came with an Sebring Tuning exhaust on it. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this exhaust.. I went to there site and dont even see it listed. thus bringing me to my last issue. I hear everyone say that the secondary Cat delete is a great upgrade. I am just worried that it will get too loud. If anyone has any imput on this, I would appreciate it.
I prefer the lower rumbling almost marine style with muffler only.....the cat delete is quite loud in my opinion......

Old 01-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by cordsig79
I prefer the lower rumbling almost marine style with muffler only.....the cat delete is quite loud in my opinion......
Thats how mine is now, and i am afraid of pushing it overboard; however, if the power is there and i heard hints of fuel economy??

Old 01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
its only there to suppress noise and not any kind of requirement on the 2nd cat. I think you should look at intake for more HP. alot of folks on here delve into the turbos and diffusers to get to high performance.

I would prefer a lighter car to sink money into for speed and cornering, no doubt CTT can do this but just dress it up mean. Youre not gonna get sucked into racing anything but SRT8 Jeeps or tiny cars like EVOs that could probably open it up anyway.

Just make it loud and look mean, and tell people you run for pink slips only because you gobble tires like they eat gas.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Funny you say that, I currently have two 944's that i am working on, both 86's and NA but fun to play with. I am just looking for just a little more kick, but best bang for the buck if you will. I live in a small town and stick out too much as it is. Thats why i am tryin to figure out what the best mods are before I make my CTT even more of an attraction for the locals....

Old 01-18-2011, 11:26 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
If it is LOUD now, it will get a little louder. I did my secondary deletes first and fabspeed mufflers and pipes second. The deletes added a very nice throaty sound only when you floor it. Otherwise it was quite tame. The performance increase was noticeable after about 50 miles (guess computer was adjusting). After that I added my EVOms intakes which made it louder and them my fabspeeds and the combo of the 3 sounds like this (for reference, my windows are closed!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMg8n...layer_embedded

If your C is not that loud now, def GO FOR IT. Its one of the better upgrades with a good return on investment.

Last edited by roxboxxx; 01-18-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
nice roxx!!! got my fabspeed cat bypass pipes.. just have to schedule to install it..

Old 01-19-2011, 07:13 AM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
I have Fabspeed pipes AND modded my rear muffler and it is loud but not annoyingly so. It is funny that somebody mentioned the "marine V8" sound as that is what people have told me. Sounds MEAN when running though!

Here is a link to a post with pics and a vid and I've also put the vid below. It sounds a LOT louder in the video than it actually is...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3052094

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1FutG81f-w

Old 01-19-2011, 07:34 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Cat-bypass with stock is exhaust is not too loud and a GREAT upgrade. You will love it. Putter: what muffler mod did you do?

Last edited by XLR82XS; 01-19-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the video clip.. sounds great. I think i will go with the delete kit next. roxboxx.. did you notice any change in MPG? fabspeed claims it helps, but day to day I really wonder..

Old 01-19-2011, 07:52 AM
WOW, you can def hear the turbos spool alot better thanks for the clip Putter.. Do you have an intake setup on your CTT?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 AM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cordsig79

on the turbo its not much of a difference.(change at around 2500 rpm'ish)...but you having a diff. set exhaust system? i can't answer...bear in mind that the turbo needs a back pressure...

as far as the N/A cayenne...it sounds louder with the secondary delete...

this is the sound i prefer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LManj...layer_embedded

and this what they are selling it for...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories

cheers!!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by simpleman325i
Thanks for the video clip.. sounds great. I think i will go with the delete kit next. roxboxx.. did you notice any change in MPG? fabspeed claims it helps, but day to day I really wonder..
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - I get 9.2 MPG and I suspect its the thrill of enjoying the insane sound of the truck that makes me get this kind of mileage.
Nothing has improved my mileage accept breathing on the pedal (which is also a problem for me with my sprint booster - 1/2 is WOT!).

Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - I get 9.2 MPG and I suspect its the thrill of enjoying the insane sound of the truck that makes me get this kind of mileage.
Nothing has improved my mileage accept breathing on the pedal (which is also a problem for me with my sprint booster - 1/2 is WOT!).

I Def agree... I love the way this thing sounds now!! I do believe the CTT comes stock with lead already in the gas pedal though... I saw you intake the other day, but wont work on my TT. Great price though

Old 01-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
SEBRING GmbH (http://www.sebring.at/) was bought by REMUS in the early 2000s. They offer very similar exhaust systems. The main differences are the tip selections and the target market.

They are not distributed in the US.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust..