Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Got my ECU back with UPsolute Chip last night for the CTT!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Talking Got my ECU back with UPsolute Chip last night for the CTT!!!

But feel like a kid that got a bicycle on a snowy x-mas morning. It snowed here last night so I can't "try it out" yet.

I will get some driving impressions so and take it back to the dyno to compare to my stock run and report back.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
What a tease... Let us know why you went with upsolute. On my mod list as well!

Last edited by powderjay; 01-20-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cole
But feel like a kid that got a bicycle on a snowy x-mas morning. It snowed here last night so I can't "try it out" yet.

I will get some driving impressions so and take it back to the dyno to compare to my stock run and report back.
Nice! keep us posted(esp. the dyno result).....

Before i went Upsolute..
this is the 06CTT-S...no dyno yet why i can't confirm their claim....
Dear Sir,

thanks for your mail and your interest in our products. The turboboost is increased about 0.2 bar. We recommend you to use higher octane gas after the tuning. This way the car will perform better. The actual programm has an increase of 60hp and 110NM torque.

best regards
Ali Galisir

Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
Kind of funny that you posted this as I literally just spoke with Rene from Upsolute in Charlotte yesterday about their tune!

It was kind of a riot to talk with him as I could only understand half of what he was saying (might be a worse mumbler than me, or a faster talker) but he was incredibly nice and helpful! Talked a good bit and he seemed to know his stuff so I feel comfortable so far going with them in the next few months.

He did recommend replacing the diverter valves though as he said they aren't too strong.

Post up results!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:30 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Cole,

Please do let us know why you went with them. I'm very curious to hear what you have to say. Did they give you an "off the shelf" tune? Can't wait to see the dyno results!

Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I am very curious about this "Tune" as well- It's only $700. I think it is set up for a stock vehicle. If you have diverter valves, intake, and bypass pipes/exhaust, it would be interesting to see the AFR graph when u dyno.
Prolly from a safety standpoint, the product it is setup on the rich side of safe outa-the-box.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:47 AM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
curiousity level very high..... love to see that dyno sheet..

Old 01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Sorry for the slow reply guys. Out of town skiing and then laid up with the flu.

I have chipped several cars and after talking with several of the chip companies that service the Cayenne, none of them could convince me that thi "tune" was worth $1,300+ more than the Upsolute. I also read everything I could find on Upsolute and there seem to be many happy customers.

Hopefully I will get to the don in the next two weeks for comparison.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 PM
TurboDelaney is on a distinguished road
Cole, have you driven it yet? Impressions??

Old 01-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by TurboDelaney
Cole, have you driven it yet? Impressions??
I've driven about 500 miles so far. Including a trip from Denver to Copper mountain to ski. (up to almost 12,000 feet elevation fully loaded with people and gear )

Honestly the first few days it was a little hard to tell a difference.(but it was snowy here) The more I've driven it the more I can tell a difference. Runs very smooth, no hesitation at all. Seems to pull the hardest in the lower gears(duh). The verdict is out on throttle response. "Seems" better but not sure it's not my imagination right now.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:48 PM
TurboDelaney is on a distinguished road
I'll stay tuned for more impressions. It certainly is the best-priced ECU upgrade.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Okay. Since the deep freeze seems to be over I scheduled a second dyno run this Friday. Should be about the same outside temps as the day I did my first stock dyno run.

Then we can see what this thing is really doing.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:33 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Cool,what a great story:your new chip,fresh powder and happy trails
Cant wait till they release one for the new CT!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:42 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Do you have a Durametric cable? You should consider datalogging your boost, AFR, and timing. Does UpSolute flash or solder their chips?

bob

Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 PM
No. No durametric cable. I will post up in the local Porsche Group and see if someone has one I can barrow.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my ECU back with UPsolute Chip last night for the CTT!!!