Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Fog Light Problem on 06 Porsche Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:46 PM
ramilb is on a distinguished road
Fog Light Problem on 06 Porsche Cayenne S

Hello guys, i really dont know what to do anymore.

When I turn on my fog lights, my dash tells me to check my fog lights, both fog lights dont turn on even though the lights are brand new, and i tested them even on a 12v battery to see maybe there is something wrong with them, but they work perfectly, but once i put them back, and turn on my fog's again my dash sais check fog lights, and they dont turn on.

Any idea whats wrong with that?

thanks in advance.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:56 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
My 05 TT tells me to check my fogs.... but both seem to work just fine.... I'm wondering if there is some sort of reset that needs to be done to clear the warning light?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:04 PM
ramilb is on a distinguished road
Well, when my car is off, and i turn it on. there is no message. everything is perfect, but once i turn the switch on basically pull the switch to turn on the fog's that message comes, and they dont turn on either.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Airbrush1: Check your rear fog lights. (Second pull out when lights are on). I believe they are the bottom inner most bulbs, and typically you will get the warning once both have gone out, so it doesnt look like there is a difference side to side when you're behind the car.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:41 PM
I'll check that today thank you!

Old 01-29-2011, 09:12 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
youll probably notice they are melted around the housing too , make sure you push them down and twist it......I found several just loose and not actually burned up.

LED lights would be huge

Old 01-30-2011, 11:52 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
Airbrush1: Check your rear fog lights. (Second pull out when lights are on).
I always wondered what the difference was between one pull and two!

Can you run fog lights without regular headlights on? What happens with the rear lights - still running red?

Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by seankrider
I always wondered what the difference was between one pull and two!

Can you run fog lights without regular headlights on? What happens with the rear lights - still running red?
Yes you can run them without the headlights on. Turn the dial on the dash to the setting right before the last setting to the right, which in turn turns on the parking lights only. Then pull out the dial to the first click for front fog lights and second click for front and rear fog lights, headlights remain off. The rear fog lights are still red, yes. It looks the same as if you were driving with your foot on the brake pedal the whole time from the rear.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
OP, please use a voltmeter to check the leads going to your fog light bulbs in the front to make sure they are receiving power first. Then if they are not receiving power, I would check fuses.

Last edited by FastHackem; 01-31-2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: sp
Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FastHackem
Yes you can run them without the headlights on. Turn the dial on the dash to the setting right before the last setting to the right, which in turn turns on the parking lights only. Then pull out the dial to the first click for front fog lights and second click for front and rear fog lights, headlights remain off. The rear fog lights are still red, yes. It looks the same as if you were driving with your foot on the brake pedal the whole time from the rear.

Nice, thanks.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
FYI: Won't work in the 'Auto' mode. Foglights are for when the headlights fail to illuminate distance due to bounce-back of their beams... so, makes sense.

Originally Posted by seankrider
Nice, thanks.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by RobsCountach
FYI: Won't work in the 'Auto' mode. Foglights are for when the headlights fail to illuminate distance due to bounce-back of their beams... so, makes sense.

FYI: We weren't talking about auto setting. Its the selection next to it.

Here is what it looks like from the back with the rear fog lights on.

Here is what it looks like from the front in this setting with the fog lights on.

Last edited by FastHackem; 01-31-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Picture Insert
Old 02-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the pics! sometimes the visuals help!

Old 02-06-2019, 01:21 PM
defran14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
Airbrush1: Check your rear fog lights. (Second pull out when lights are on). I believe they are the bottom inner most bulbs, and typically you will get the warning once both have gone out, so it doesnt look like there is a difference side to side when you're behind the car.
Hey speed demon,

I’m currently having an issue and just came across this thread and had a quick question. I never used my fog lights until the other night when it was incredibly foggy out. I pulled out the switch, and the fog lights turned on, and I pulled it out a 2nd time and immediately got a “check fog lights” warning. Front fog lights worked fine, but I did notice the tiny lights in the bottom corner of the headlight was out on one side when i turned just the front ones on and replaced it. Went to the back tail lights and noticed that next that the bottom right bulbs were missing on both sides. I assume these are the rear fogs? I know the passenger side shouldn’t work (and it doesn’t) but I put a bulb into the drivers side and it lite up continuously. So now everything should be working as is but I’m still getting the warning. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.