Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Please help with horn question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Please help with horn question

Ok, this might sound stupid but I just got my '04 Cayenne S back from the dealer after they fixed something in the door and now when I lock it, the horn sounds 4 times/lights flash 4 times. Before the dealer, I believe it did it twice.

Please, someone tell me how many times it should sound or if this indicated a problem.

Thank you!

Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Mine beeps and flashes twice - yours must be extra special

Old 01-30-2011, 09:12 AM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Twice here also.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:03 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Twice. Maybe they reprogrammed something since they had to fix something in the door. I have heard of reprogramming after messing with electrical stuff. My WRX beeps 4 times if the doors aren't completely closed before setting the alarm, not sure if the Cayenne does the same thing, I haven't tried it yet.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
One more question...

Ok, this is driving me nuts but can any of you tell me if both lights on your key fobs light up when you press a button? Only one lights up on each of my fobs. It probably doesn't really matter but I'd feel better knowing if they both should or if only one should. TIA

Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
toshii is on a distinguished road
only 1 of the right light on the fob lights up. mine doesnt beep at all either... wierd

Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks. I did find in the comfot settings ways to make it beep or not beep. It's under Door Signal or something to that affect. You can choose the horn and/or the turn signals to activate. You can play around with how each setting works. One of the settings made it beep 4 times when I locked it and another made it beep twice while another gave no beep. So weird trying to understand all the different settings.