Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Clear bra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Clear bra

What's the best clear bra product on the market and why?
My dealer uses venture shield.
From my understanding (which isn't much) the venture shield doesn't have a hard coat in the plastic which makes it stretch easier because it's a softer plastic, no orange peel look and crisper look, BUT with this type of plastic it fades faster over time unless you wax it weekly.
Is this correct?

Please recommend the best brand or an assortment of top brands and why.

I'd prefer to have the dealership do it but need to know which brands are best.

Thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Three major players: 3M, Ventureshield and XPEL. I have ventureshield paint protection film on all my cars and absolutely love it. You are right. Very little to no orange peel, optical clarity is too good (but it will never be as clear as the beautiful Porsche paint finish but it is a happy medium for me knowing that the paint is being protected). I have heard very good things about xpel too but no personal experience. To wax every week is excessive Jace. These PPF's need some TLC by which I mean washing the car regularly and not let dust/dirt/crud settle into the pores which is what causes yellowing of the film over time and regular application of sealant to seal the pores. My PPF's get an application of a sealant every three months and weekly washes (sometimes bimonthly washes) depending on car usage. Even light dust sitting on the film for weeks does cause some seepage if you will into the film. Most PPF companies offer 10 yr or lifetime warranty against yellowing. The key on the clairty is also dependant on the skill of the installer but I am sure you know that. Are U thinking partial hood and front or full hood ??

Old 01-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Probably 1/2 hood and full front wrap..... Maybe full hood.
Thoughts??

Old 02-01-2011, 12:19 AM
dw9982 is on a distinguished road
full front or none. Dirt and wax stands out if it is just done halfway.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Full front is a given. Are you saying full hood or nothing?

Hey it's only $$$ right?
Ya right.....

Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 AM
George718 is on a distinguished road
I am having my CS wrapped with the Ventureshield product. Full front, full hood, mirrors,headlights and door trim (edges). The price I was quoted was $950. They are using the pre-cut piece for the front end. The price isn't the greatest but the work should be good.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:58 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by George718
I am having my CS wrapped with the Ventureshield product. Full front, full hood, mirrors,headlights and door trim (edges). The price I was quoted was $950. They are using the pre-cut piece for the front end. The price isn't the greatest but the work should be good.
That's not a bad price at all even considering the fact that it is a pre-cut kit wrap. I am paying more for the full front and hood but mine is a custom install.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
pedah3 is on a distinguished road
have had ventureshiled on several cars for several years. I've had no issues with color shift, but never had white car. Ventureshield does not have the "orange peel" texture that you will find on the 3M product. It is also a little thicker so can be more challenging to install. I did nearly a half-wrap ventureshield on my R8 and already have the CTT scheduled with my installer when I do delivery. I'll be doing a full hood for sure. I'll also have the A-pillar, lower rockers, and rear bumper done as well.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by pedah3
have had ventureshiled on several cars for several years. I've had no issues with color shift, but never had white car. Ventureshield does not have the "orange peel" texture that you will find on the 3M product. It is also a little thicker so can be more challenging to install. I did nearly a half-wrap ventureshield on my R8 and already have the CTT scheduled with my installer when I do delivery. I'll be doing a full hood for sure. I'll also have the A-pillar, lower rockers, and rear bumper done as well.
I too love ventureshield. Pedah, VS is actually a more workable film for installers. So it is not thicker. The 3M is the one that is thicker. The VS and expel are similar in thickness (thickness is 8mil. including adhesive). Optically very clear, invisible and durable. It is a clear urethane film (.015is also available). It is guaranteed for life against yellowing or cracking due to UV exposure

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-01-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 PM
dave-t will become famous soon enough
I spoke to the guy who did my clearbra (VentureShield) and he told me that VentureShield came out with a new version recently. Similar to Avery Denison which is considered the top of the line, even less orange peel than VentureShield. I got a custom full front clip with mirrors door jabs, rear quarter panels and kick plates on my Cayman and love it. Definately have some sort of protection put on my V6 Cayenne when it arrives next month.

dave-t

Last edited by dave-t; 02-01-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Anyone have a picture of anew cayenne where they can Photoshop by fading where exactly they are requesting the clear bra?
Pictures and positioning helps clarify lines.
Obviously full hood is just that, but other pics with fading for symbol would help.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:52 PM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Three major players: 3M, Ventureshield and XPEL.
just to clarify Ventureshield is a 3M product.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 PM
dave-t will become famous soon enough
Ventureshield started out as a seperate entity until 3M bought it. So now Ventureshield is a 3M product.

dave-t

Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
George718 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
That's not a bad price at all even considering the fact that it is a pre-cut kit wrap. I am paying more for the full front and hood but mine is a custom install.
I jinxed myself on the clear bra install. The installer just called me to tell me that they don't have the schematics for the front of an '11 cayenne yet. Hence they have the wrong piece. I just contacted another installer that does the custom install, not a pre-cut kit. When I mentioned that I wanted the full hood he said that he would have to use Ventureshield but he would use 3M on the rest of the car (nose ans front of fenders) I was quoted $1250. He was pushing me to use the 3m on my hood and not worry about the visible line because my Cayenne is charcoal grey. Any thoughts?? Thanks

Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
As others mentioned VS and 3M are one entity. So I am not sure if your isntaller still carries older 3M film. $1200 seems a good price if they do a custom install for the full front and entire hood.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear bra