Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Who here is dealing with all the Northeast Snow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
S-B-D will become famous soon enoughS-B-D will become famous soon enough

My '09 GTS with 275/40/20 Michelin Latitude Alpin has been unstoppable and rock solid stable. What a winter beast this thing is!! An absolute blast to drive in the snow.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
Im in CT and we've got it even worse than MA so far. I have really had enough of this snow!!
My new CTT is coming in at the end of the month and I am going to take it right from the dealer to my garage and leave it there until spring

Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
I am scared to death. I drive my modded C into NYC every day and between the snow, ice, drivers - reading papers, eating breakfast and applying makeup - it's all out to kill me. The latest concern? Ripped up roads from plows. If its not the huge potholes its the loose gravel picked up by tires and hurled with haste at my paint. After every storm a new hole appears and I have to remember where they are (no ****). Yesterday I laid into the brakes and my kid asked why - response " there is a biga$$ pothole that was here yesterday". It's just to hectic.

Next year i'm extending my driveway and getting a suburu beater that I will rattle-can flat black, install a pair of orange truck nuts, a " 2wykid" window sticker and 4 studded blizzaks. Cayenne will stay home!

Old 02-02-2011, 05:07 AM
BLKPPR is on a distinguished road
I am near Philly and it seems like snow is a weekly thing this year. Just this morning they cancelled school because of ice. With Hankook Ventus 275/45 the S has handled admirably not great. My wifes 4 matic c class handles better in the snow as does my Jeep Wrangler JK 4 door with big Mickey Thompson MT Tires. I bet with dedicated snows it would be a terrific vehicle. I just like the 20's so take the jeep when it's nasty out

Old 02-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Former Vendor
Chris@Fabspeed is on a distinguished road
I had about 2" of ice on my car this morning, took a half hr just to clear the windows

Old 02-02-2011, 07:15 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by S-B-D
My '09 GTS with 275/40/20 Michelin Latitude Alpin has been unstoppable and rock solid stable. What a winter beast this thing is!! An absolute blast to drive in the snow.

Here in FL were having to deal with overcrowding at the air conditioned restaurants from all the tourist

Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 AM
x014003 is on a distinguished road
North Jersey report

The road crews seem to take care of the major roads quite well (Rt. 78, NJ Turnpike, etc.). Bigger issue is the traffic in these conditions. When light, it's actually a good commute. When heavy, forget it. Hours and hours of crawling, usually due to someone stuck at a 'choke point' that blocks everything up. The deteriorating roads are a hazard too. New potholes appear and often leave a trail of wounded cars in its wake. The road crews patch one, but more appear.

The CS with the Conti Extreme Contact DWS tires is a pleasure to drive in the snow. I plowed through 16" of snow last week to get to the main road, no problem.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:39 AM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
I'm in CT for work right now and we're getting this nasty rain stuff...

The good thing is that my CTT is back in NC where it is 67* today under the dealer's care . The '11 Tahoe LT I have as a loaner isn't too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to make it back to Hartford from New Haven for my flight tomorrow...

Old 02-02-2011, 08:23 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 2muchtime

Here in FL were having to deal with overcrowding at the air conditioned restaurants from all the tourist
+1,its the high season and restaurants are way too crowded,and the parking lot at the beach is full on a sunny,blue sky 77F day
Might even have to turn on the ac...

Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 AM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by S-B-D
I'm not in the NE,but I'm in Colorado and also have the 275/40/20 Michelin Latitude Alpins. They've been absolutely great!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
TenaciousT is on a distinguished road
I'm in NE Ohio on lake erie.....number one worst winter place to live. I'm riding on 20" Yoko Parada Spec-X and they have been excellent in the snow. Hope this damn groundhog is right this year......

Old 02-02-2011, 12:25 PM
teamwenz is on a distinguished road
Geez when you are born and raised in the Frozen Tundra this is an average occurance. We only got 16' of snow with 35 mph winds, piece of cake for the Cayenne. It sure is depressing lifting up the cover on the Boxster S and dreaming of Spring. I hope as well that groundhog is right.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 PM
bkcarrera is on a distinguished road
We have a new CS sitting inside at the dealer here in Omaha. I told them I would pick it up on the 4th of July.
I dread the thought of breaking it in on ice, snow, and gravel mixed with salt.
Prior to this the worst was picking up a new ride when it was raining.
Guess we will have to sneak it home when everyone's asleep!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I drive my 09 CTTS in the crud every day in an around Boston - un-stoppable with a set of 19" winter wheels

Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
JasonE30M3 is on a distinguished road
Im here in CT also. I have my 20in with Bridgestone summer tires packed in the garage. With my 18in Dunlop's on for the winter my 08 S has been pretty much unstoppable. This thing is great in the bad weather. Very happy so far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who here is dealing with all the Northeast Snow?