Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Precision is on a distinguished road
What would you do?

I am currently leasing a 2008 Cayenne GTS. Basalt Black on black full leather interior, fully loaded. 30k miles absolutely mint condition!! My lease is coming to an end this April, and I have to decide what to do next. I absolutely love my GTS and the aftermarket mods that I have done to it and the lease buyout is only $42,000. So here is my dilema, I test drove the 2011 Cayenne S and although I was impressed, to get the same options I currently have, I am looking at around a 90k price tag. I've decided against leasing my next car and want to purchase. I just can't see spending an extra 50k. for the 2011. For those of you that have moved up to the 2011 from a GTS, what has been your overall experience? Is it worth the extra money? Thanks for the input.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 AM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
If I were you, I would negotiate the lease buyout price on the GTS.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Both Porsche financial and my local dealer told me the buyout price is non-negotiable?? So how would I go about doing that?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Keep the GTS.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
WOW I am unaware of that.
Every vehicle I have leased, mainly Audi’s, the dealer has always been willing to negotiate a better buyout price once my lease was up.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Precisionmotors
For those of you that have moved up to the 2011 from a GTS, what has been your overall experience? Is it worth the extra money? Thanks for the input.
Paging JACE ..... His 2011 CTT is due to arrive within the next couple of weeks.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
IMHO...i'd just keep the GTS...and BUY the best warranty there is for 5 yrs....in the end you will have a heavy pocket....i just got tired of leasing(every year there's something new in the market)...and its always a problem when the lease is about to end......

You have to weigh it...monthly payments on buying the GTS against lease payment on the newer model cayenne....but then again in the end you will be in the same situation....actually same situation on both....

if you like to change cars every 2 to 3 yrs..then leasing is good for you...cheers!!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:45 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cole
Keep the GTS.
+1..you know it,it works great for you and you have taken the best care of it
Sorry about the cliche,but :If it ain't broke dont fix it
Sure,the new Cayenne is lighter and more nimble,but unless you are looking for more power and can splurge on getting the turbo...i would stick with your true and tried pepper

Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
TenaciousT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BlueLodge400
WOW I am unaware of that.
Every vehicle I have leased, mainly Audi’s, the dealer has always been willing to negotiate a better buyout price once my lease was up.
+2, I have never payed my actual buyout price. They must have a demand for them. I would still keep it vs. going 11'.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
Didn't someone on here post about some company that finds your lease return at auction, then actually takes you to the auction to bid on it? $1K fee or something like that...

Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
First of all you have to be able to afford it.
With that said I made the move from a 2008 GTS $95k sticker to a 2011 CTT $141k sticker both without tax included....
Having had a GTS before I wasn't going to get the v6 even if it was a 2011. The new technology 8 speed and PTV make 2011 superior in every way compared to a gts and even a previous turbo.
I was only going to sell an buy if I moved up. So I went all out. Can't wait. 2 weeks left!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Precisionmotors
Both Porsche financial and my local dealer told me the buyout price is non-negotiable?? So how would I go about doing that?
Yep
Why did you lease if you planned to keep it long term ? Buying it outright three years ago would have eliminated the second transaction and finance fees .

Tough call . 30K miles plus 08 technology can't compete with a new car but on top of leasing you sank more money into mods on a car that you didn't own (financial freefall ).

So what would I do?
I would do everything that you already did differently but if i was just thrown into your shoes today with that car .. I would pay the buyout and sell the car for more than 42K with all the mods . Then I would start over with a new car . If it must be a Cayenne I would pick the Turbo but I would not lease it !!!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Hind sight is always 20-20. I didn't plan on keeping the vehicle past the lease term, but looking back at the total payments over the last 3 years, I could have owned it out right in another year. That's why I've decided against leasing again. So after looking at my purchasing options, it just seemed crazy to spend an extra 50k when I wasn't really "wowed" by the 2011. The dealer told me I could pay the 42k buyout, drive it for a year and sell it close to that price a year later.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
FWIW, I've driven several 2011 now. CS and Turbo. I do think they are a step up. I don't think they are worth the difference. I can find a lot of things to do with an extra $100k, or even $50k

"Some" of the feeling is just being in a new car vs one that is a few years old that you have become accustomed to.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
I completely agree with you Cole, although if I could foot the extra coin for the Turbo, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.