Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Turbo S on Dallas icy roads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Cayenne Turbo S on Dallas icy roads

I am amazed at the capabilities of this vehicle on the snow and ice packed roads here in Dallas. The all wheel drive and PSM is outstanding in this environment. Most of the year I don't get to check these capabilities out but I have to say it has truly been a pleasure to drive. No question it's a blast to drive on the road in the summer but it also shines in the winter.

Walt

Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
crowland will become famous soon enough
Walt I have been dying to take my CTTS out in this mess as well, but she has been parked in her temparture controlled garage since Monday. I had no doubt the Porsche would perform great, it was the fools that I was worried about. Which after witnessing the driving the last couple of days have confirmed my suspicions.... You are a braver man than I am!!

Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
hey guys.....the last 2 years in DFW on or near M streets some idiot has plowed into me at stop signs in residential neighborhoods...........and I had one really good one on North Greenville avenue, coming down from 75, you come accross a light elevated bridge before the soccer fields on the left while heading southbound.......

That bridge iced over and everyone was creeping along 15 mph.......then I saw in my rearview about a 92 toyota camry weaving through traffic approaching the bridge......she hit the bridge behine me at about 50-60 mph, tried to swerve around me but ice gave her no steering and she plowed through me, then 6 cars in front.....she got me first, then a new audi Q, a new jetta and then a few small cars, the cavalier was knocked up and teetering on the guardrail..........I pulled my car back into the far right lane.......went to check on her, she broke both her axles and all the doors where smasked shut.

Cops should up and Little Miss speed demon couldnt be found so the cops called the owners of the car........well she told the owners she was at the hospital, the cops said we are here at the scene and the hospital........where are you........took about a year and half to get it settled buy my insurance company filed it as an uninsured motorist and subsidized my deductible to half, so about 250 out of my pocket.

DONT FORGET TO PUSH FOR REDUCED VALUE ON THE CLAIM!~!!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
hey dallas.. be careful out there.. people here at h-town are already freaking out (rolling black-out's, panic-buying, etc), and we don't have ice yet.. keep warm!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
It was actually more of necessity that anything else otherwise I would have left her in the garage. My Ford Ranger was sliding all over the place and I definitely did not want to get the 997 out.
I hear you on the risk though. You definitely have to stay away from others and watch for those idiots going way too fast behind you.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Bigfoot is on a distinguished road
My 2006 Turbo S is my daily driver and I have driven through snow virtually every day this winter. Currently, my blue truck is mostly white (road salt) and I have never had a problem getting through any snowstorm. Get out of the garage and enjoy it.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:34 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
we got our snow and ice in Austin, landed yesterday from Vegas...........gonna hop on the highway and head up to Dallas soon........wish me luck.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:45 PM
mitechman is on a distinguished road
winter driving

This is my first winter with my 04 cayenne TT. I bought hankook
I-Pike winter tires and all I can say is- its a total blast to drive on snowy/slushy roads. while everyone else is spinning their wheels, I just hookup, even my friends can't believe the amount of traction. I'll never go back to all weather tires again, this way I can have the "nice tires/rims" for the summer.