Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

04 Cayenne S Accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Jugg_head is on a distinguished road
04 Cayenne S Accident

Looking for alittle help. The wife put the Cayenne in the ditch pretty hard during a snow storm today. The impact bent the drivers side front rim and flattened the tire. After she came to rest, she could not move the car out of netrual or drive (i.e. it won't let her hit reverse or park). The car was towed out and still has this issue. When in neutral, the car starts fine. When you drop it into D is engages and will move the car, but it wont go into park, thus not able to take the keys out.

Thoughts ?

Thanks

Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear the news, hopefully She is alright and thats all that matters. What does your gear indicator on the dash read? Does it correspond to the lever position your in? I'm thinking maybe something to do with linkage around the transmission got jarred, maybe the button on the shift console is damaged and not allowing it to travel to those positions? doesn't really seem to be electrical in nature to me. Hopefully you can get it resolved with a quick fix

Old 02-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Jonnyenglish is on a distinguished road
Hope your wife is ok although shaken up i'm sure. Any news on the fix?
B/R
Jonny

Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
could it be in the limp mode?

Old 02-09-2011, 04:13 AM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by snzuloz
sorry to hear the news, hopefully she is alright and thats all that matters. What does your gear indicator on the dash read? Does it correspond to the lever position your in? I'm thinking maybe something to do with linkage around the transmission got jarred, maybe the button on the shift console is damaged and not allowing it to travel to those positions? Doesn't really seem to be electrical in nature to me. Hopefully you can get it resolved with a quick fix

+1............

Old 02-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by canberk
could it be in the limp mode?
Good Call, sort of. I haven't repaired the Cayenne yet. I took off the shift **** and it looks as if the plastic piece connected to the button on the shifter is broken (well it is, snapped off about an inch below the length of the shift ****). Anyone know how to get the shift assembly apart to get the rest of the plastic out and replace it ? I'm not interested in turning the Cayenne upside down again to have it fall out

Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 AM
So I took apart the center consol, and found the issue. On the pic you'll notice the brass (maybe not brass) shifter arm is bent. When it bent it broke the plastic plunger inside of it which attaches the safety switch to the release button on the shift ****. Now to find the full plastic piece and brass lever.

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 AM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Well it looks like your on the right track now, at least you know where the issue is. Did she have her hand on the shifter when she went in?

Old 02-12-2011, 11:17 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
My shifter failed as well, but couldn't find the individual parts; believe it or not, they're not the pricey. I paid around $250 for the entire shifter unit (not including the circuit board which sits above).

Originally Posted by Jugg_head
So I took apart the center consol, and found the issue. On the pic you'll notice the brass (maybe not brass) shifter arm is bent. When it bent it broke the plastic plunger inside of it which attaches the safety switch to the release button on the shift ****. Now to find the full plastic piece and brass lever.