Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Suggestion on brake pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:23 AM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Suggestion on brake pads?

Maybe it's cause the weather is actually in the 50's here this week but it's starting to get me in the summer frame of mind!! I need to replace my breaks before I start towing the boat and road trips and what not. Anyone have any suggestions on break pads and good place to get them from?

Thanks

Old 02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I prefer Hawk Performance brake pads. I have had good results with them. You can find them at various retailers. Go to the web site, http://www.hawkperformance.com/ and check out which ones suit you best. They also have a dealer search on there to help you in that area. I used to carry these with an internet business I had back in 2000 and they were highly rated. I would find the part number you want and then search it on eBay to get the best price, personally.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I will check that out... Thanks

Old 02-12-2011, 06:34 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Have also had good luck with EBC. I'm currently using EBC red stuff on the fronts with Turbo S brakes, and OEM pads on the rear with iRotor drilled slotted rotor. Sounds like a lot going on but it feels well balanced. I previously had Hawk HPS ceramic pads front and rear with iRotor drilled/slotted front and rear, but wasn't very happy with them, though lots have had success with this combo.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
Have also had good luck with EBC. I'm currently using EBC red stuff on the fronts with Turbo S brakes, and OEM pads on the rear with iRotor drilled slotted rotor. Sounds like a lot going on but it feels well balanced. I previously had Hawk HPS ceramic pads front and rear with iRotor drilled/slotted front and rear, but wasn't very happy with them, though lots have had success with this combo.
sounds involved, but good. sometimes it's that magic blend that makes it all come together..

Thanks

Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 PM
mike pezely is on a distinguished road
Original equipment.....sunset porsche

Old 02-12-2011, 10:04 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
I'm running hawks all around - ZERO brake dust. OEMs bite a little harder out of the gate, but after a 1K miles the hawks were fine. Bought mine from tirerack. I also replaced the sensors and hardware also - recommended if you drive like me (suncoast porsche).

Old 02-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Oem for a genuine experience.....Sonnen Porsche.