Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ordered a Cayenne S...need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
varun747 is on a distinguished road
Ordered a Cayenne S...need help

Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for the last few months and with the thorough knowledge shared on this forum, I was finally able to spec out my Cayenne S and ordered my first ever porsche in early Jan. I owe a big thanks to everyone!

I live in New Delhi, India so the standard specs and pricing vary a lot. The specs are shown in the attached image. The price translates to $262k due to taxes and import duties structure in India. Generally, all imports are 2.5 times the price in the US!

Now where I need help is in dealer transparency. Apparently there is only one OFFICIAL importer of Porsche in India and I feel he is taking me for a ride. Will appreciate if anyone can answer some of these questions:

- As per the dealer, the car is scheduled to go into production in last week of Feb. The only official document that I have is the proforma invoice that he gave when I ordered the car. Does Porsche Germany gives any official document after order confirmation to the dealer which is meant to be passed on to the buyer? I had put a 10% deposit when ordering the car.

- When I ordered the car in January, he charged me for the rear side airbags. But I read on this forum that they are going to be standard for cars produced beginning Feb 2011. He still refuses to accept that it is a standard feature now. How can I know whether he is unnecessarily charging for the airbags?

- I have also seen on this forum that some people know the status (in-production, shipped, etc) of their order. How do you guys get it? Is it from the dealer or from some online porsche website?

Thanks is advance!

Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2011, 02:35 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
hi varun747. My S, also ordered in January for late Feb delivery, has an original proforma that states CUSTMR for customer order and PLDPRD for planned production. There are also MODE dates which show production window though I may be in advance of the original date.

The heavy hitters here have been able to get weekly printouts on their production status.

My dealer was able to see the Porsche production completion date for my vehicle as Feb 24 but could not print it until yesterday so I am awaiting the mail.

There is a production code pdf that was posted by Jace, I think.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:48 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
vARUN,

Mubarak ho yaar!
I am getting one too for my wife.
These are fun cars.