Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Help building a Cayenne base!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:26 AM
samzhg is on a distinguished road
Question Help building a Cayenne base!

If I were and an Arab billionaire I would of going for the Cayenne turbo with those full fancy options which I hardly know all of them or even get to use them and I won't be posting now. No I am not and I'm living in a country where the gov taxes cars like over 200%. Yeah an Audi Q7 2011, panoramic, 4-zone... pretty much full option in it costs 175k USD straight from the official dealer, and oh plus another 10% for registration fee. 136k USD for a naked cayenne base is the reason why I did not bother asking the price of the rest of cayenne's, I'll be spending the "wise" money on the options.

The sales agent emailed me their current stocks but I think I'll build one myself.
Here are the options in the quotation on their available stocks and my thoughts about them:
8-speed Tiptronic including Auto start/stop function (Yes)
Tire Pressure Monitoring system (Err no? Is it good?)
Floor mats in matching interior colour (No come on it's just floor mats)
Park Assist front and rear (Yes, would of adding the camera too)
Bi-Xenon lighting system incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (Big Yes)
Wheel centre with Porsche Crest (No if I can order those Techart formula wheels)
18 inch collapsible spare wheel (Same as above)
Universal audio interface (Yes if this can play iPod)
Bose ® surround sound system (Yes)
4-zone climate control (Of course)
Powerliftgate (Yes)
Electronic sunvisor rear side window (No thanks)
Servotronic (Need advises here)

Options like the seat memory is kinda $#^& to me while I think I'll need the PASM in case I wanna put on those 21" wheels which I really will. I am not looking for monster engine performance cause with the city traffic and highway speed limit I'm already happy with what my 2007 MDX is doing. So please help me eliminate options I don't need and options I would be regret without ordering.

Thank you for your time!

Old 02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
Take a look at the website... A lot of the options you listed are standard so I would just take them.

One thing that I forgot about was picking non smoker package, which would've added some extra storage space for free.

Also personally I don't like servotronic, I drove a car with it and I think it feels too easy to turn the wheel at low speeds. I like the wheel to have a bit of resistance

Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Foggy916 is on a distinguished road
Order with the 21" wheels. Doing it after the fact is MUCH more expensive.